Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer ($65.00) recently became part of the Kate Somerville product line after customer demand for a moisturizer that worked well on combination and oily skin. This particular moisturizer is aimed towards those with sensitive, combination-to-oily skin; something that doesn’t aggravate existing acne, too.
- Moisturizer (duhhh!)
- Enhances skin smoothness and reduces fine surface lines
- Improves skin firmness and elasticity
- Increases cell turnover
- Helps control and absorb sebum to give you oil-free skin
How-to: Use as part of the AM and/or PM routine by applying a thin layer over clean skin (face/neck). If using a serum, layer on top of the serum.
Key Ingredients: Pepha-Tight (skin tightener, anti-wrinkle, firming, toning, moisturizing properties); Red Marine Algae (APT) (cell turnover, firmness, elasticity, smoothness, reduces fine lines); Sepilift (firmness, stimulation of collagen)
Those are some fancy schmancy ingredients! Find out what I liked (or what I didn’t!) about this moisturizer… Continue reading →
I love Rockocco; it’s just such a vibrant shade of orange-based red. I don’t wear it often, as readers prefer bold eyes so I often lean towards those in my looks, but I wanted to wear it the other day, so I pulled it out. I actually look quite terrible in Rockocco alone–the orange-based red does not suit my skintone/face/anything about me. It just reminds me of “clown red,” rather than “sexy red.” My favorite way to make a lipstick wearable is by pairing it with an unusual suspect aka gloss. Hothouse works for me, because it’s a purple-fuchsia color, pigmented enough to change up the color of a lipstick once overlaid.
Possible dupes include… Continue reading →
I recently tried a few products from Thevi Cosmetics, which is a line founded by Thevaki Thambirajah. Thevi created the brand because she “could never find cosmetics in shades that suited her coloring.” She wanted colors that were “rich and vibrant without being harsh,” so Thevi Cosmetics was born as an answer to the frustrations she faced (and countless other women face).
“I know that there are many, many women like me. Women to whom ‘natural’ means ‘colorful.’ After all, what is more natural than a flower, a butterfly, a sunset? In our homes, in our dress, even in our foods and in our makeup, we are women who feel comfortable with color. In fact, we crave it. And while our skins come in a wide range of tones and shades, we all look best with a more intense makeup. Red lips. Strongly defined eyes. Visible cheek color. And of course, fresh, smooth complexions.”
How do they fare? Continue reading →
I wanted to try to do something subtle, but with some shape, so I figured why not take my sculpting and shaping powders for a spin? I mean, I bought them all, and I pretty much never use them, LOL. And booo, I wanted to get my eye brows done, but the lady I go to is on vacation ’til Sunday
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (creamy neutral base), Lightsweep shaping powder (PRO) (soft nude), Sculpt sculpting powder (PRO) (soft taupe), Soft Focus shaping powder (PRO) (soft yellow nude), Urban Decay Bourbon 24/7 Liner (warm brown), Too Faced Lash Injection Pin Point mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Dainty mineralize blush (soft peachy pink)
- Lips: Burnin’ lipstick (dark purple), Ms. Fizz dazzleglass (shimmery fuchsia-purple)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Dainty = Peachykeen; Burnin’ = Cyber; Ms. Fizz = Venetian
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. Apply Lightsweep shaping powder all over lid with the 239. Gently apply Sculpt sculpting powder into the crease with the 239 to define and add shadow. Sweep Soft Focus shaping powder underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Bourbon 24/7 Liner on lower lash line, and Too Faced Lash Injection Pin Point mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Dainty using the 129. Apply Burnin’ lipstick to lips, and then top with Ms. Fizz dazzleglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
When shouldn’t you wear makeup? Are there any times, places, etc. where you think you shouldn’t wear makeup? Is makeup always acceptable — just maybe the degree/heaviness of it?
- Eyes: Rubenesque p/p all over lid, Spiced Chocolate quad (Sweet Chestnut on lid and lower lash line, Brash on upper lid, Spiced Chocolate on crease, Nanogold for highlight), Technakohl Graphblack on waterline, Zoomlash mascara in black, NARS e/s Bali on eyebrow
- Cheeks: Plum Du Bois
- Lips: Creme Cerise l/s, Liquer l/g
Check out another photo! Continue reading →