Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
If you were using MAC’s Rave Pearlglide Liner?, what look would you create with it? What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips?
Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product! Feel free to share links to photos of your look(s) using it in the comments.
I didn’t love this look as far as green looks go (not enough dimension), but at least I tried a different lip combo — you know, not something traditionally medium coral! My weekend is a bit of a bummer, so I hope yours is way better! I didn’t realize it until Wednesday in class, but I have an accounting midterm on Monday — so off to study group I go today for a few hours. Of course, more studying on Sunday and Monday My only reprieve seems to be dinner with my parents to celebrate my Mom’s birthday. Boo!!
What are your weekend plans? Let me live through you vicariously!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Golden Olive pigment (olive green base), Juxt eyeshadow (pastel green), Sumptuous Olive eyeshadow (olive green), Humid eyeshadow (forest green), Femme Noir (matte dark green), Nylon eyeshadow (frosty white-yellow), Urban Decay Honey 24/7 Liner (white), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: NARS Super Orgasm blush (soft peach-pink)
- Lips: Antiquitease lipstick (coppery reddish brown), Moonstone lipglass (sheer peach-pink)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Antiquitease = O; Moonstone = Moonstone lipgelee
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Golden Olive pigment all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, apply Juxt eyeshadow using the 239. Apply Sumptuous Olive eyeshadow to the middle of the lid. Darken the outer lid using Humid and drag into crease using the 239. Darken crease with Femme Noir eyeshadow using the 239. Sweep Nylon underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Honey 24/7 Liner on lower lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Super Orgasm blush using the 129. Apply Antiquitease lipstick to lips, and then top with Moonstone lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
How does your weekend makeup differ from your weekday makeup? No difference? Do you do anything differently?
Ten products I fully recommend–and ones perfect to take advantage of during Sephora’s Friends & Family Sale! Remember, the code is FF2008, but the sale only lasts til the 10th!
1. Bliss You Look ‘Spa’-velous ($62 Value) You Look ‘Spa’-velous I love Bliss products, and they always make me feel relaxed and like I’m totally pampering myself.
2. Tarte Purse Your Lips Limited Edition Lipgloss Clutch ($106 Value) Purse Your Lips Limited Edition Lipgloss Clutch I just got this the other day, and it’s darling! The clutch is perfect for the holidays–whether you use it as a purse or just as a makeup bag in your purse–and the glosses are great.
3. Philosophy The Miracle Worker ($148 Value) The Miracle Worker Kit I haven’t run into anyone who hates Philosophy, and I can understand why. I’ve fallen victim to their cult fave – Purity Made Simple.
4. Clarisonic Skincare Brush You know I raved about this! I know it’s pricey, but I think of it as an investment and something I use everyday. But hey, 20%? Not so bad
5. Carol’s Daughter Ecstasy Sea Salt Body Scrub 16.9 oz Sea Salt Body Scrub OH MY GOD! I just tried this tonight. It is delicious. One of the best scented products I’ve ever used. It’s just this raspberry-ish goodness. I’m so in love!
6. Dior Diorskin Shimmer Star Amber Diamond I just replaced mine (my original one shattered, and it’s just not the same all smushed together), because I can’t bear to be without another day. It’s just GORGEOUS. So flattering! I imagine the pink one is more flattering for pink undertones while Amber Diamond is better for warmer tones.
7. shu uemura Eyelash Curler This is a cult favorite, and I concur. You only need one eyelash curler in your life, and this is it.
8. T3 Bespoke Labs Evolution Dryer I actually have the $200 version, but I long for the $300, just for the advance settings. The $200 version dries my long hair in 5 minutes flat–talk about a time saver.
9. Tweezerman Petite Tweezer Set – Dream Garden Gold So cute, right? I love that Sephora carries Tweezerman tweezers in various patterns. Makes me wish mine wasn’t just plain ol’ silver. I swear by Tweezerman, though, regardless of the color.
10. Burberry The Beat Gift Set ($88 Value) The Beat Gift Set As far as fragrance favorites, for years it was just Dior Addict (and anything similar to it), but once I took a whiff of this… well, it was love. I admit this is probably more of a spring/summer scent than winter, but I still wear it from time to time. No reason not to stock up now!
If you could revamp MAC Lipglass, what would you change? What would you keep the same? How would you make it an even better product?