Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
SCENARIO: I would like to know any suggestions, ideas or help for wearing brighter eyeshadow colors during the day…so in a more subtle way. I am trying to get outside my comfort zone and be more adventurous with brighter colors, but I simply am not sure how to make purple, blue or even pinks look subtle enough to wear during the day.
Situation courtesy of Tanya!
I just heard about Clinique launching on QVC, which I think is great for some of you who don’t order online, prefer to see someone speak to you on a product before purchasing, and don’t live near a Clinique counter. I am a huge advocate of Clinique products, especially their skincare range, and especially since there are numerous users with skin issues, I urge you to check this brand out!
Clinique, the original dermatologist-created cosmetics brand, is scheduled to debut on QVC Sunday, February 17, 2008 at 6 PM (ET). During the two-hour broadcast, Clinique will offer QVC shoppers a selection of product favorites in various sizes and configurations as well as special pricing. Custom fit for every skin type, each beautifully crafted Clinique skincare and makeup product is Allergy Tested and 100% Fragrance Free.
- QVC to launch the Clinique Almost Powder Make-Up SPF 15, a lightweight powder makeup that provides a sheer, no make-up look. (Can I just say, this stuff is amazing? Review is forthcoming…)
- Clinique The Three-Step Deluxe Set — Clinique’s iconic three-step system, custom fit by skin type to cleanse, exfoliate and moisturize, revolutionized the beauty industry and will now be offered in deluxe sizes on QVC.
- Collections created especially for QVC will be available including the Clinique Six-Piece Discovery Kit, the Clinique All About Eyes Three-Piece Collection and the Clinique Black Honey Three-Piece Set.
Additional Clinique products to be featured on QVC include:
- Clinique Turnaround Two-Piece Collection
- Clinique Superdefense Triple-Action Moisturizer SPF 25
- Clinique Repairwear Duo Intensive Eye and Night Cream
- Clinique Superbalanced Makeup 1 oz Foundation
- Clinique The Three-Minute Eye Three-Piece Collection
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion or Gel
- Clinique Repairwear Deep Wrinkle Concentrate
ABOUT THE EXPERT: JANET PARDO | Clinique’s Senior Vice President of Product Development Janet Pardo will appear on QVC as Clinique’s resident expert. An innovator in the beauty industry, Pardo has played a key role in creating some of Clinique’s top-selling products.
The Clinique products will be available through QVC at 800.345.1515 or www.QVC.com.
COSTELLO TAGLIAPIETRA | MAC PRO Red Pepper Lipstick was sheered out on the cheeks to give the skin a slight flush. MAC Paint Pot in Perky was applied to the lid, followed by Quite Natural Paint Pot, which was placed above the lid crease. Cash Flow Paint Pot was added to the inner corner of the eyes using a 213 Brush. Emphasis Sculpting Powder was brushed onto the lower lash line and on the crease, followed by Burnt Burgundy Paint Stick. Polished Ivory Paint Stick was placed onto the outer corner of the lids. MAC PRO Lipstick in Red Pepper was applied as a stain to the lips.
“A flavor of film noir, a haunted woman, 19th century romanticism interpreted by Hollywood in the 1930s,” says Kabuki.
JUAN | Studio Fix Fluid Foundation was applied to the face, followed by MAC Mineralized Skinfinish in Natural, which was brushed onto sin with a 187 Brush to contour the face. MAC Paint Pot in Constructivist was applied to the lids with a 25 Brush, followed by Blackground Paint Pot. Smut Eye Shadow was layered from lash line to brow using a 224 Brush. MAC Smolder Eye Kohl was used to line the eyes; the line was dragged out past the natural lash line towards the brow, and blended with a 228 Brush. MAC Lipstick in Myth was patted onto lips with a 318 Brush.
“Robert Palmer girls gone wild,” says John Stapleton.
RUFFIAN | MAC Blot Powder Loose was lightly applied over skin. MAC Eye Shadow in Taupe was applied with a 239 Brush to outer portion of eyelid and just under the eye to create a shadow. Eye Shadow in Satin Taupe was brushed onto the middle of the crease. Eye Shadow in Forgery was dusted on to the cheek, arch of the brow, inner corner of the eye and the bridge of the nose to highlight. Lips were lined perfectly with MAC Lip Pencil in Magenta and
coloured with Violetta Lipstick.
“Boarding school girl gone wild, luxurious and beautiful, dating a bad guy,” says James Kaliardos.
THREEASFOUR | MAC Prep+Prime Skin was used to prepare skin, followed by Mineralized Skinfinish Natural in appropriate shades. A mixture of MAC PRO Clear Pink Gloss and Desert Rose Powder Blush was blended onto cheeks followed by Mineralized Skinfinish in Light Flush. MAC Prep+Prime Lash was applied to lashes followed by a coat of Royal Wink Fluidline with a 205 Brush. Brows were combed. MAC Mellowflame Lipstick was brushed onto lips.
“Something elegant and sophisticated but with a point of pop colour,” says Gordon Espinet.
Do you prefer long, short, or fake nails? Do you like to keep yours cut close to the fignertip, or are you more of “grow ‘em til I can’t” person? Or do you prefer to have yours done with acrylics or gels? Tell me about your length!
I keep mine short enough (depending on how well I’ve curbed my nail biting bad habit); my desired length is approximately 3-4 mm of white showing.
PRODUCTS NEEDED (ALL MAC): Overcast shadestick, Sweetlust eye shadow, Crystal Avalanche eye shadow, Girlie eye shadow, Sketch eye shadow, bootblack liquid liner, duo glue, # 34 lashes, 224 brush, 252 brush, 242 brush, 272 brush.
- Step 1: Take Overcast shadestick and apply all over eyelid.
- Step 2: Take clean 252 brush to blend out shadestick over eyelid moving upwards towards brow highlight.
- Step 3: Take clean 272 brush (small angled shader brush) and apply Crystal avalanche eye shadow in a sweeping motion to your brow highlight.
- Step 4: Take clean 242 brush and apply Sweetlust eye shadow on top of Overcast shadestick on your lid. Be sure to really pack it on there until desired intensity is achieved.
- Step 5: Take clean 224 brush and blend Girlie eye shadow lightly in crease. (this is used as a transition color to help blend the eyelid color into the brow highlight).
- Step 6: Taking clean 224 brush blend Sketch eye shadow starting in outer corner of eye and blending inward in the crease. (Note: you want the color to be darkest on the outer part of the crease and gently fade as it goes inward)
- Step 7: Apply a thin line of duo adhesive to your # 36 lashes. (Note, you may have to trim the lashes to fit your eye shape.)
- Step 8: Apply lashes to eye lids and let dry for a minute. You will know the glue is dry because the adhesive will go from white to clear.
- Step 9: Take your boot black eyeliner and apply a thin line over the eye lash stripe and a little on the lid.
See two more photos… Continue reading →
Dana & myself
Last Saturday, I went to the NYC PRO store for the first time to meet a few of Temptalia readers from the NYC area. It was really great to see some of the faces of those that come to the site regularly. I’m so amazed to know that people cared enough to come! I think what one of the best parts was that I was able to talk one-on-one with everyone who came throughout the time I was there. It really gave me a chance to interact and get to know a few of my readers!
I talked shop with Stephanie who’s working as a freelance makeup artist, while I was totally amazed at how put together Denise was with her two children (one of them running around taking photos of Fafi!). I met Dana, who seems like she really loves Temptalia (yay!), who’s adorable and an utter MAC addict (seriously, I think she knows everything there is to know about MAC!). I also chatted up with Jamie and Kelly, two girls who came together, about the reasons we love MAC as much as we do. I talked with Nerissa, who is so fun and down-to-earth; she knows her features so well and exactly works for them.
It was really great to meet all of you, and I’m so glad to have had the opportunity!
P.S. – I look forward to meeting a few more of you tonight at the Fafi event!