Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
A few days ago, I mentioned how much I was enjoying my new shampoo/conditioner set by AG Hair Cosmetics. I also wanted to tell you a bit about my experience using their Re:new Clarifying Shampoo ($12.00). Like I said before, I’ve been using more product in my hair than I ever used to, and it is only natural that there would be more build-up. In the past few weeks, I’ve also started to swim some laps on occasion, and we all know chlorine is none too kind to hair.
Enter in Re:new, which is AG’s clarifying shampoo. It’s designed to remove discoloration from chlorine, as well as mineral deposits and dulling product build-up. Like the Colour Savour line, this product is color-safe. After using this clarifying shampoo, my hair doesn’t feel stripped or dry; it just feels incredibly clean. It feels silky and looks shiny (the good shiny!). I’m so happy to have found this, because I had no idea what to really look for in a clarifying shampoo–but now I do!
What makeup do you wear to meet your significant other’s parents for the first time? What don’t you wear?
This is a very quick post, because I’m in between classes, and I can’t get over how lovely the Beiges de Chanel quad is. The quad comes from Chanel’s Holiday 2008 offerings, which are lovely in their own right, but this is the only item I’ve been able to see and play with in person. I did a super fast look using the quad before I jetted off to class–seriously, five minutes or less–and I was so pleased with the results! The colors are so soft and smooth, and they’re incredibly flattering. They blend seamlessly with each other! I even take back what I said about the “highlight” color — it might swatch chalky, but it softens like a dream when actually used. So truly, I urge you all to visit your local Chanel counter for a look-see and swatch-a-roo when it’s fully released! (It’s been popping up in some areas, but not all.)
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Lark About pigment (white duochrome), Blue Zone 2 Eyeshadow Duo (light lavender/dark periwinkle), Parfait Amour eyeshadow (purple), Rite of Spring eyeshadow (purple-toned highlighter), Rave pearlglide liner (purple), Chanel Exceptionnel Mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Petalpoint blush (soft peachy pink)
- Lips: Hot Gossip lipstick (cool, bright pink), Crystal Rose lipglass (pink with fuchsia-purple shimmer)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Lark About = Frozen White; Blue Zone = none for lighter color; Parfait Amour for darker (not a great dupe!); Rite of Spring = Pink Opal; Petalpoint = Breezy; Crystal Rose = Flashmode
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Lark About pigment all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner-to-middle lid, apply Blue Zone duo (light side) using the 239. Apply Parfait Amour to the outer-middle lid. Darken the outer lid using Blue Zone duo (dark side) and drag into crease using the 239. Sweep Rite of Spring eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Rave pearlglide liner on lower lash line, and Chanel Excetionnel mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Petalpoint blush using the 129. Apply Hot Gossip lipstick to lips, and then top with Crystal Rose lipglass for color and shine.
Get step-by-step directions and photos… Continue reading →
Lancôme for Holiday 2008
- Eye & Face Palette in Filigree, Avant Gold, Revealed, In-the-Know, and Guest List; Shimmer Mocha Havana and Cedar Rose Blush ($52.50)
- Holiday Eye Palette in Pampered and Privileged / Starlette and Stunning ($45.00)
- Juicy Tubes Holiday Set ($39.50)
- Travel Brush Set (Face) ($55.00)
- Travel Brush Set (Basic) ($55.00)
See more product images! Continue reading →
Best Eyeshadow Primer/Base? What product wins this category?