Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
February/March 2009 – shu uemura’s 128th mode make-up collection ‘Mirage’, is an optical phenomenon that gently arises like a mirage. Enhancing the uniqueness of every woman’s face, natural positions of light and shadow are accentuated using expertly chosen palettes of color and contrasting textures. Utilizing the concept of Impressionist painting, colors appear randomly placed when viewed up close, yet with distance, the effect creates a lasting and clearly defined image. Wavering on the eye and cheek, brushstrokes of colors and texture gently enhance each part of the face, creating outstanding dimension with sophisticated combinations of light and shadow.
The MIRAGE collection includes:
Eye Shadow Palette ($40.00)
- Utopia Delicate mixture of fresh, alluring colors wavers in the light
- Fantasia Mellow harmony of color enchants the eyes
Drawing Pencil ($19.00)
- 14ME Light Blue (LE) Light blue with a hint of metallic nuance
- 15ME Lilac (LE) Uplifting lilac with a hint of metallic nuance
- 04ME Pink Glimmering highlighting shade to attract the light
Silhouette Defining Colors ($38.00)
- Orange Phase (coloration) Translucent brown ? vivid orange
- Misty Glow (highlight) Ivory?pale pink
Lip Duo Tint & Gloss ($32.00)
- Rouge Matte/intense pink
- Gloss Translucent/ pale pink
Rouge Unlimited ($23.00)
- PK347 Intense pink
- BG934 Beige
- BR768 Raspberry
See more images… Continue reading →
What were your favorite winter collections this year? Which ones did you skip, which ones did you end up with everything?
You know what I noticed? Most brands don’t have winter collections–they only bother with releasing holiday collections, gift sets, and/or palettes or some combination thereof. MAC dominates the winter ’08 season with its non-holiday releases!
If you could put any four eyeshadows in a quad, what would you choose? Any brand, any shade (past or present).
Thanks to Samaya for the question!
In the Crease to really amp up any look–it’s such an intense dark green, which makes it perfect for adding drama.
Get Neutrals to Pop by just adding a hint of the forest-y green shade amongst more neutral/natural shades.
To Complete Your Greens and round off your collection thereof. I know you have your pastels and your medium-spring-happy greens, but have you your more forboding, deep green?
Deep Smoky Greens with Humid to help intensify any green-themed smoky eye. Line with black to really make the colors stand out!
As a Liner to make a subtle eye pop or finishing a muted olive-green eye.
With Reflects Glitter to give you an almost shimmering-water-effect that is both stunning and irresistibly fun to try!
Pair It With Golds and you can never go wrong. Humid is an excellent match for any golden-toned shadows, be them gorgeous golds or warmer greens or antique browns.
Here’s another look using Chill products! You can also see the Penultimate Liner, which *does* photograph black afterall! (Yay!) I’ve only used it once, so please don’t ask me what I think yet as it is too soon to tell! I’d like to give it several usages before I form an opinion
FWIW, I originally just put Icescape on the lips, but the lips looked way too corpse-ish, so I added Frozen Dream for more color (which is why two lipglasses are listed–not the norm).
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), Vellum eyeshadow (duochrome white), Arctic Grey eyeshadow (light silver), Apres-Ski eyeshadow (gray-brown), Mont Black eyeshadow (black), Penultimate Liner (black), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Don’t Be Shy blush (cool pink)
- Lips: Sandy B lipstick (nude), Icescape lipglass (cool light pink), Frozen Dream lipglass (pink-purple)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Arctic Grey = Electra; Apres-Ski = Copperplate; Don’t Be Shy = Well Dressed; Icescape = Oyster Girl; Frozen Dream = Flusterose
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, apply Vellum eyeshadow using the 239. Apply Electra eyeshadow to the middle of the lid. Darken the outer lid using Apres-Ski using the 239. Darken crease with Mont Black eyeshadow using the 239. Sweep Vellum underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Penultimate Liner on upper lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Don’t Be Shy blush using the 129. Apply Sandy B lipstick to lips, and then top with Icescape lipglass and Frozen Dream lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share your answers with us in the comments section!
Instructions: Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share it with us in the comments section!
How do you keep warm in the winter: [answer]
Favorite icy blue look: [answer]
When do you put on makeup: [answer]