Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
MAC Cosmetics Dame Edna
Available December 26th, 2008
“Hello possums!” Dame Edna Everage is in the house! With her zesty zingers, over-the-top appearance – lilac hair (which she claims is natural), bedazzled specs, fanciful frocks – there’s nothing like a Dame! The alter ego of brilliantly wicked Aussie comedian, Barrie Humphries, and the resident muse for our post-holiday make up collection, Dame Edna thinks of herself as “probably the most popular and gifted woman in the world today: housewife, investigative journalist, social anthropologist, talk-show host, swami, children’s book illustrator, spin doctor, megastar and icon.” With packaging as mirthful and minx-like as the Legend herself, the Dame Collection of heavy-on-the-lilac Lipstick/Lipglass, Eye Shadow, Highlight Powder and Nail Lacquers is in a class by itself!
Get details… Continue reading →
Ice the competition. The temperature drops, predictability plummets, but a new beauty barometer sets the tone with light snowflake lips, twinkle shimmer shades with opalescent pearl. Cool neutral eyes suddenly combust, then go up in smoke, with new Penultimate Eye Liner for the deepest velvet black. New 41 Lash with criss-cross design for a luxe, longer look. Two Reflects Glitter for a limited time, a hot new cool. Just chill.
- Icescape Sheer pale pink with pink pearlized pigments
- Naked Frost Sheer taupe with silver pearlized pigments
- Frozen Dream Sheer cool mid-tone pink with pearlized pigments
- Snowscene Sheer white with multi colored pearlized pigments
- Arctic Grey Frost mid-tone gray (Satin)
- Wintersky Frosted neutral mid-tone pink (Veluxe Pearl)
- Apres-Ski Matte dark brownish gray (Matte)
- Mont Black Sparkly black with pearlized pigments (Velvet)
- Vellum Pale white duochrome with violet shimmer (Frost)
Penultimate Liner (Permanent)
- Rapidblack Rich, intense black
- Reflects Transparent Teal Shimmering white with turquoise (Currently being DCd)
- Reflects Antique Gold Shimmering antique flecked gold
If you were using MAC’s Shallow v. Deep eyeshadow duo?, what look would you create with it? What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips?
Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product! Feel free to share links to photos of your look(s) using it in the comments.
Versailles Porcelain Serving Rack Set with 3 Dishes ($29.99) Imagine this on your bathroom counter top. It’s classy, and it’s tiered, which means it uses less counter space by utilizing vertical space instead. Depending on exactly how deep each serving dish is, you can store different items. But I could definitely see some pigments, glosses, loose eyeshadows, or just your everyday staples in here for sure.
I have another tried and true storage solution… check it out! Continue reading →
How often do you make splurge beauty purchases? Always? Only on special occasions?
Just one photo for you! Stark Naked blush with Lucent sheersheen powder over it on the cheeks LOL, I think I have some gloss on my teeth
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Chanel Beiges de Chanel quad, Blacktrack fluidline (black), Urban Decay Honey 24/7 Liner (gold), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Stark Naked blush (raspberry), Lucent sheershen powder (pale shimmery pink)
- Lips: Strawberry Blonde lipstick (pink-coral), Sugar Trance (sheer white-pink), Love Alert dazzleglass (glittery fuschia-red)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Enough Said = Gingerly; Strawberry Blonde = Skew; Sugar Trance = Prrr
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner half of the lid, apply the lightest color from the Chanel Beiges de Chanel quad with the 239. Apply the next lightest color on the outer half of the lid with the 239 brush. Darken the crease with medium colored brown and drag using the 239. Sweep the lightest color underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Honey 24/7 Liner on lower lash line and Blacktrack fluidline on upper lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Stark Naked using the 129, highlight cheekbones with Lucent. Apply Strawberry Blonde lipstick to lips, and then top with Sugar Trance lipglass and Love Alert dazzleglass for color and shine.