Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Don’t speak! Lips in danger of all manner of delicious indiscretion, so seductive in colour, shine, staying power, everyone’s looking and listening — so be careful of what you say! Seven new Slimshine Lipstick shades in addition to 13 bring-backs for ultra-glossy conversation in lurid, living colour. Oh yes, people will talk.
- Think Tan Deep reddish brown with gold (frost)
- Assertive Rusty brown with gold pearl (frost)
- Voile Canary yellow with gold pearl (frost)
- Missy Creamy pastel coral (cream)
- Grenadine Creamy deep blue red (cream)
- Rock Out Clean bright blue pink with gold pearl (frost)
- Intimidate Creamy plummy pink (cream)
- Bare Light neutral pink with subtle gold pearl (frost)
- Pleasing Mid-tone violet with red and gold pearl (frost)
- Long Stem Rose Light baby pink with subtle gold pearl (frost)
- Scant Mid-tone dirty plum with gold pearl (frost)
- Mousse Mid-tone caramel brown (cream)
- Lovey-Dove Mid-tone terracotta with subtle bronze pearl (frost)
- Prudeaux Dark rich burgundy plum (cream)
- Ultra-Elegant Light neutral beige (cream)
- Funshine Shimmery soft apricot pink (frost)
- Urgent! Classic mid-tone red (frost)
- Cocoamour Neutral cool brown with matching pearl (frost)
- Most Wanted Intense purplish-red with metallic golden shimmer (frost)
- Gaily Soft mid-tone berry pink with pearl (frost)
Suggested Retail Price $14.50 U.S./$17.50 CDN. Available at stores currently, and www.maccosmetics.com.
See product photos! Continue reading →
Using my new Kryolan stuff! Apparently the palette they gave me was exclusive to international wholesalers, but they said they are going to make a US exclusive palette once I post it (which is… now!). It is an eight color eyeshadow palette #5308-SF ($75.00). I’ve included a picture of the palette, so you can see it! All of the shadows are incredibly pigmented, and each eyeshadow is HUGE!
P.S. – Apologies for the weird looking lashes, testing a new mascara!
I used True Chartreuse pigment on all over lid, Kryolan Gold eyeshadow on inner lid, Kryolan AB23 (bright matte green) on middle of lid, Kryolan TK2 (bright matte turquoise) on outer lid, Kryolan Steel eyeshadow on outer crease, MAC Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow above crease, MAC White Tie eyeshadow on brow, Kryolan TK2 eyeshadow on outer lower lash line, Kryolan Gold eyeshadow on inner lower lash line, and Feline kohl power on lower water line. I had MAC Springsheen blush with MAC Harmony blush to contour on my cheeks. I wore MAC CB96 lipstick with MAC Vibrational lipglass.
Continue reading →
Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv Ultimate Youth Creme ($250.00) is a product I recently received to test. I want to put it plain that I did not purchase this product, so there is no confusion. I am by no means on an unlimited cosmetic budget, so for me to test a cream of this standard is a real treat, but I always desperately hope not to love it, and secretly desire it to fall flat on its face. Why? Because a face cream for $250.00 is not friendly to my budget. I preface this review with so much attention to the price because I now face a huge dilemma: there is something about this cream that has performed a small miracle on my face in the past three weeks of continuous use.
What it’s supposed to do: Resveratrate is the trademarked ingredient dubbed “The Youth Molecule” by Estee Lauder. It “is a more potent, stable, and time released form of Resveratrol.” This product is meant to extend the skin’s youthfulness so that time “stands still.” According to Estee Lauder, the skin will increase in its clarity, tone, and fine dry lines will be plumped by the moisturizer. There is science clearly involved, and they talk about “longevity genes” that regulate the lifespan of skin’s epidermal cells.
What it actually does: Based on testing it for three weeks as both a day and night moisturizer (and let me be honest, there were a few times I misplaced it, so I substituted, but generally speaking, I used this pretty religiously). After one week, I noticed something very impossible happening–my acne was vanishing. Now, this is not an acne-preventing product, it is an anti-aging product geared towards women in their late 20s and older. My diet hadn’t undergone any real change, water intake didn’t increase, and I hadn’t added any other products to my daily facial regimen.
I have never suffered from severe acne, but I get enough that it can be annoying, and there is always one that’s far too noticeable for my liking. Since using the Youth Creme, almost all of my noticeable acne has disappeared. I am not 100% clear-faced, but in my eyes, this is about as close as I could ever get. My skin looks much improved because of the blemishes being gone, but it is also more even and healthy looking. Every time I see my Mom, no matter what, she mentions how pale and sickly I look–but she didn’t say that when I saw her last week (first time since using the Youth Creme). She asked if I did something different with my makeup, because I looked healthier. Application is easy, as you don’t need much to cover the entire face, and it feels lightweight, but it still moisturizers quite well (despite wintry patches of skin). I also love that it dries quickly! There is no strong, overpowering scent, either – it kind of reminds me of a very subtle organic, maybe a touch of oatmeal scent that you can only distinguish if you put your nose in the jar. So to me, it’s nearly fragrance-free once it’s on my face.
So as I said, I face a serious dilemma: how am I going to be able to afford this in the future? I would like to note that the jar still seems mostly full, despite using it twice a day for three weeks. It gives me hope that I can stretch the jar over four to six months.
Do I recommend this product? I do and I don’t. I recommend it because it worked well for me, and the acne-miracle it worked for me would make it worth the price (how much money do I spend each month on products that only work minimally?) as the product jar should last me multiple months. I don’t, because I fear for your poor wallet if you fall in love with it as I have! You know that whole saying, “You can’t miss what you never had?” Exactly. So basically, I do recommend this product, but know that you may find yourself addicted!
Available now at www.esteelauder.com and Estee Lauder locations.
Have you encountered a similar dilemma before? What product led to your downfall? Did you become a loyal re-purchaser or have you been hunting for a less expensive alternative?
Fafi is a French artist who conjures up the most curvaceous cuties — chick-a-boom characters that make us smile. A Fafi girl is a nymphette with a Ph.D. in passion — she’s an adventuress with a very animated love life! From Toulouse to Tokyo, the movie of her life is a rags-to-riches love story, an electric Technicolor dream in violet, coral and strawbaby anime. Find her pouting on compacts, preening on packaging, and as the cutest doll we’ve ever seen — soon to be on every MAC lover’s vanity.
- Fun ‘n’ Sexy Blue pink with blue pearl (glaze)
- Not So Innocent Sheer tan with pink and peach pearl (glaze)
- Utterly Frivolous Rosy coral with pink pearl (lustre)
- High Top Grey purple with blue pearl (glaze)
- Flash-n-Dash Intense tangerine red with pink pearl (glaze)
- Strawbaby Coral rose with rainbow pearl (lustre)
- Cult Fave Blue mid-tone pink with white pearl (frost)
- Sugar Trance Creamy soft pink with white and rainbow pearl (frost)
- Squeeze It Brassy plum (frost)
- Totally It Sheer bright pink with intense pink pearl (frost)
Fafi Eyes 1
- Howzat Deep grey with silver sparkle (satin)
- Hey Neutral tan with white pearl (veluxe pearl)
- Pink Venus Washed pink (lustre)
- Vanilla Soft pale-peachy-ivory flecked with shimmer (velvet)
Fafi Eyes 2
- Bold as Gold Yellow gold with gold pearl (lustre)
- You’re Fresh Pale green with silver sparkle (lustre)
- Shockwave Intense orange with silver sparkle (velvet)
- Prankster Muted dark blue (satin)
- Nice Vice Dirty purple with purple pearl (frost)
- Girl Friendly Creamy grey pink (cream)
- Layin’ Low Creamy beige (cream)
- Cash Flow Green gold with gold pearl (frost)
- Perky Cream coral with white pearl (satin)
- Rollickin’ Aqua blue green with white pearl (frost)
- Blacktrack Solid flat black
- Smolder Intense black
- Fascinating Snake-eyes matte white
- Hipness Intense coral with soft white pearl
- Fashion Frenzy Mid-tone blue pink
IRIDESCENT PRESSED POWDER
- Sassed-up Soft coral pink with gold sparkle
- Verve-acaious Intense yellow gold with gold pearl
- Belightful Gilded peach bronze
- Girls Will Be Girls Pink with coral pearl
- Boom! Rich eggplant with purple pearl
- 210 Precise Eye Liner Firm, extra-fine tip brush for precision lining with emollient or water-based products. Replacement to old MAC 210 Eye Liner Brush.
- 129SH Powder/Blush (with decorated pouch) Soft natural fluffed dome Brush for application of powder products on cheeks and face. In a special decorated Fafi-themed pouch.
- 208 Angled Brow Brush Firm, angled tip Brush for precision application of brow and eye-lining product.
- 182 Buffer Brush Ultra-soft, large, rounded dome tip Brush for use with powder face and cheek product.
Available February 13th, 2008 in most US and Canada locations, as well as www.maccosmetics.com.
Check out a TON more photos! Continue reading →
We have a TON of information about the Fafi collection, which launches today in most locations, but call your store to find out! Here is the low-down on the Fafinettes!
A faFiNETte is: uNIque, fREsh, iRreVereNT, strong, playful, edgy, fun, sweet, sexy.
Imagine a world where strong, bold women rule supreme, and the expression of femininity via sexuality, attitude, and use of bright, intense colour is de rigueur. Now add a dash of sophisticated urban street cred. Sound cool? Witness MAC’s latest collaboration with edgy graffiti artist, Fafi. For this project, MAC worked exclusively with the Paris-based artist to create three distinct “Fafinette” characters: Monoka, Ermine, and Eriko that embody the signature depictions of sexy, liberated girls that have earned Fafi a devout following in the street art world. What follows is a hip spring colour collection filled with bold, empowering hues, unapologetically girly lip shades of pearly pinks and tangerine reds, iridescent powder, brown, blue and green Paint Pots and Quads, and whimsical cosmetic accessories. And get ready to line up for the limited edition Fafi icon figurine, a highly collectable toy created exclusively for MAC. Step into the magical world of FAFI FOR MAC, where anything is possible.
MeeT tHe MAC faFINetteS
These ageless creatures live in a fantastic, magical realm called the Carmine Vault, but they love to peer in on us. Fafinettes crave colour and creative expression, and they’re inspired by hip earth chicks that incorporate
bold, fabulous makeup into their style. The three Fafinettes you’re about to meet began to notice that this iconic
kind of trend-making female shopped at MAC. So like elves, by night they hop in Lupus, their jet-setting, dimension-travelling car, and sneak into MAC stores to play with makeup!
The book nerd, Monoka, loves the blinding lights and technology-driven culture of Tokyo. She also has a weakness for shochu (Japanese vodka) and delicious sukiyaki, a thinly sliced beef dish served with raw eggs. She’s a consummate bibliomaniac and loves to read the classics, but she has a weakness for ’50s-era French erotica, and plugs into rap music in her spare time. She adores girly lingerie and sleeps with high heels on! On her iPod: Yo Majesty, Lloyd, Ying Yang Twins,
Bat For Lashes. On her Goodreads.com: Edward Bunker: Aucune Bête Aussi Féroce, Bidouille & Violette by Hislaire. Raves: Singing 50 Cent at karaoke bars, Polaroid cameras, Ouija boards. Rants: Tomates à la Provençale, thongs, people who visit her at home and don’t take their jackets off.
Ermine is your typical cheeky Frenchie with a soft spot for the New York graffiti scene. When she’s not watching
television reruns, she’s in Brooklyn trying to spot new graffiti characters or eating Indian food in Jackson Heights, Queens. She loves snowboarding and knows how to DJ, but she’s over it now because it’s become too trendy. On her Tivo: “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” “Yo Gabba Gabba,” “Little House On The Prairie,” “V.” Raves: Un Bracelet De Cheville Pour Probation,
the smell of gasoline. Rants: Movies starring Tom Cruise (especially Jerry McGuire), Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes, plastic pushpins.
Eriko is the big sister of the bunch, and even though she hails from Japan, she’s all about Paris. She especially loves the marche in the Marais, a street market filled with cuisine ranging from crepes to Moroccan dishes, sandwiches, fresh fruits and vegetables. On her Facebook profile: videos of her dancing to the KLAXONS songs, blogs about French Tecktonik Fever. Raves: Baking life-size gingerbread men, collecting chic blue ashtrays – like the ones from the tables at Caviar Kaspia in Paris, Las Vegas print thighs. Rants: Personal Computers, people who own restaurants and don’t hold or participate in food drives.
The perfect pout
Fafinettes know the power of the pout, and aren’t afraid to use their secret weapon. Start with a coat of creamy Lipstick–the collection ranges from pearly blue-pink Fun-n-Sexy to coral rose Strawbaby, then sweeten the deal with a coat of MAC’s signature Lipglass in Fafinette-friendly shades like Totally It (sheer bright pearlized pink) and Cult Fave (blue-pink with white pearl).
cAugHt in tHe hEADlightS
A Fafinette might appear to be doe-eyed, but like some pop stars we know, she’s not that innocent. Shades like silvery green You’re Fresh Eye Shadow and dirty purple Nice Vice prove that this chick’s not afraid to show her true colours.
iT’s aLL aBout pLAytime
Limited edition makeup bags and the tres chic Fafi figurine, by Medicom Toys, let you take a step deeper into the fantasy world of the Carmine Vault, a parallel universe where girls just wanna have fun, and do. Fafi, a now internationally acclaimed artist, started tagging walls in her hometown of Toulouse back in 1994. Today, her murals are welcomed in countries across the world, including the U.S., Japan, Germany and Spain among others. She has two books, Girls Rock (2003) and Love and Fafiness (2006), in addition to various artistic collaborations. She currently lives in Paris.
“The Nude Collection was inspired by color I see naturally in women’s faces. Nude makeup is pure genius because it’s easy to apply and it enhances the natural tones of your skin. It’s the perfect choice for anyone who loves a naturally sexy look.” — Bobbi Brown
Nude Lip & Eye Palette | Bobbi’s new Nude Lip & Eye Palette is the must-have item Featuring a beautiful range of nude shades housed in a sleek compact with slide-out drawer and mirror. Also includes Shadow Brush and Lip Brush with a protective cap. ($60.00)
- Buff Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow (New, exclusive)
- Nude Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow (New, exclusive)
- Bare Eye Shadow (New, exclusive)
- Naked Eye Shadow (New, exclusive)
- Bare Lip Color (New, exclusive)
- Beige Lip Color
- Brownie Pink Lip Color
- Cocoa Lip Color
Glitter Lip Gloss | This season Bobbi has created four new Glitter Lip Gloss shades to complement the Nude Lip & Eye Palette. These skin tone-inspired shades infused with flecks of glitter give lips a polished and sophisticated look– the epitome of unstudied glamour. ($19.00)
- Almost Bare
Availability: Both the Nude Lip & Eye Palette and the new Glitter Lip Glosses will make their debut on counters and www.bobbibrown.com March 2008.
Check out a couple of more photos! Continue reading →