Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share your answers with us in the comments section!
Instructions: Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share it with us in the comments section!
Best makeup remover?: [answer]
Remover wipes or cleanser?: [answer]
When do you remove your makeup?: [answer]
Cetaphil UVA/UVB Defense Facial Moisturizer SPF 50 ($13.99 for 1.7 oz.) is a drugstore option for a great summer moisturizer. I find it to be fairly lightweight (maybe light to medium), but once it dries, there’s no heaviness or super greasy residue. What I like about Cetaphil products is that they’re consistently good; they’re extremely reliable. I know I’m getting a no fuss formula that does exactly what it says – moisturizes and protects my face from the sun.
I would say that since the SPF is so high, there is a bit of a white cast when it is first applied. It does seem to fade after about ten or fifteen minutes, and I no longer notice it. I find myself always turning to Cetaphil when nothing else seems to work (or everything else seems to send my face into conniptions!). I’ll definitely be making my boyfriend wear this, too, when he goes outdoors and plays tennis!
What are your must-have summer products? What do you just have to have during summer?
I am now addicted to tinted moisturizer! I also love stains, cream blushes, and bronzy cheeks.
Thanks to Pursebuzz for the question idea!
Yves Saint Laurent Fall 2009 Collection
When color comes to life as you wear it, it spices up your look and enhances your style. Bold harmonies revisit the beauty classics and sensorial pleasures… Yves Saint Laurent make-up is a desire, an accessory, an attitude. It accompanies women in their daily lives, responds to their desires and their play of color. New Autumn Winter Look 2009 / 2010. Aglow with elegance and sensuality, the Yves Saint Laurent woman plays the game by her own rules as she ventures into the night. As dusk falls, she radiates a magnetic charm and an aura of mystery. Her look? A diaphanous complexion, graphic eyes alight with a glimmer of pearl gray, and femme fatale lips sculpted in a purple shade. An icon of femininity.
Collector Powder for the Complexion ($62.00)
- Palette Y (Limited Edition)
Cream Blush ($38.00)
- N°1 – Velvety Peach (Limited Edition)
- N°2 – Powdery Rose (Limited Edition)
- N°3 – Silky Praline (Limited Edition)
Sheer Sensual Gloss Stick SPF 9 (Gloss Volupte) ($30.00)
- N°1 – Iced Lychee
- N°2 – Chilled Raspberry
- N°3 – Frozen Cherry
- N°4 – Frosted Plum
Silky – Sensual Radiant Lipstick SPF 15 (Rouge Volupte) ($34.00)
- N°19 – Frivolous Pink
- N°20 – Spicy Pink
- N°21 – Vibrant Brown
- N°22 – Exquisite Plum
Long-Lasting Nail Lacquer (La Laque) ($20.00)
- N°39 – Stormy Grey
- N°40 – Extreme Purple
Eye Shadow Duo ($41.00)
- N°21 – Anise Green / Intense Plum
- N°23 – Pearly Peach / Mink Brown
5 Colour Harmony for Eyes ($56.00)
- N°7 – Bronze Gold
- N°8 – Midnight
Luxurious Mascara for a False Lash Effect ($28.50)
- Rouge Volupte N°17 – Red Muse ($34.00)
- Touche Eclat N°1 – Luminous Radiance ($40.00)
- Faux Cils N°5 – Burgundy ($28.50)
Available: August 2009
Get more information and imagery! Continue reading →
Still experimenting with my camera, except I forgot to actually experiment. I got distracted (as per usual!), and I only ended up taking one set of photos, so I didn’t have much to choose from (read that as only one photo per angle, so there was nothing to choose from!).
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), Melon pigment (peachy-pink), Going Bananas eyeshadow (yellow), Fab & Flashy eyeshadow (orange), Rule eyeshadow (orange), Passionate eyeshadow (dark hot pink), Coppering eyeshadow (reddish-orange), Femme-fi eyeshadow (highlighter), Blacktrack fluidline (black), Urban Decay Honey 24/7 Liner (gold), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Other Worldly blush (bronzy-orange), Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer (bronzy highlighter)
- Lips: Fashionably Fuchsia lipstick (hot pink), Tartlette lipglass (coral)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Going Bananas = Bright Sunshine; Fab & Flashy = Goldmine + Rule; Femme-fi = Shroom; Other Worldly = bronzer; Fashionably Fuchsia = Girl About Town; Tartlette = Lychee Luxe
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. With the 239, apply Melon pigment with water-based mixing medium on the lower lid. On the inner lid, pack Going Bananas eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply Fab & Flashy eyeshadow to the middle portion of the lid. Apply Coppering eyeshadow lightly on outer portions of the lid. Darken crease with Passionate eyeshadow using the 226, then deepen with Rule eyeshadow with the 219. Sweep Femme-fi eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Honey Liner on lower lash line, and Blacktrack fluidline on the upper lash line using the 209. Apply Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Other Worldly blush using the 129, then highlight with Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer with the 188. Apply Fashionably Fuchsia lipstick to lips, and then top with Tartlette lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
What’s your philosophy on makeup? Do you have one? Share it if you do!
Make up is all about having fun and playing with color! It can be a life saver in so many ways — it can help boost your self esteem when your skin is wreaking havoc on your life, or it can act as an amazing outlet for your creativity.