Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
DHC recently launched a Salicyclic Acid Acne Treatment System that includes a Salicylic Acne Wash ($13.00), Salicylic Acne Toner ($14.00), Salicyclic Face Milk ($19.00), and Acne Spot Therapy ($12.00). The wash is a non-drying cleansing gel that foams to gently exfoliate, while calming skin with aloe vera and green tea. I find that it’s fairly gentle, despite being an active acne-fighting product, so my eyes handle it well if any gets in them on accident. The toner works well for those who are oilier, but I found myself skipping this part of the four-step routine when I was pressed for time (that’s probably a big oops, right?) because I felt like I didn’t need it. The Face Milk is a lightweight moisturizer that is targeted to help reduce acne because of the salicyclic acid in it, but it ensures hydrated skin while doing so. Out of the system, I think one of my favorite products was the Spot Therapy, because I felt like it did help to minimize redness caused by new blemishes in a short amount of time. Many acne-fighting products tend to dry out skin, which is why I liked the DHC system, because they recognize that and make sure to infuse their products with hydrating ingredients to give skin the balance it needs while breaking down blemishes.
What is most important to take care of, beauty-wise? Do you think that the eyes or lips or skin or even hands are the most important?
I used Soft Ochre paint pot on lid, Up-do eyeshadow on inner lid, Passionate eyeshadow on middle of lid, Parfait Amour eyeshadow on outer lid, Contrast eyeshadow lightly on outer crease, Hush eyeshadow above crease, Royal Wink fluidline on lower lash line, Feline kohl power on lower water line. I had Fleurry blush on cheeks. I wore Fun ‘n Sexy lipstick with Squeeze It lipglass on my lips.
Continue reading →
Flirt! Squeeze Me Super Shiny Lipgloss ($10.00) is exactly what it says–a super shiny lipgloss–without stickiness. The colors I tested were fairly sheer, so you get more like a subtle hint of color with lots of shimmery shine. If you’ve ever wanted ultra glossy lips, this is a great solution. They have a good range of colors, so it makes it easy to find a few that would work for you. Personally, I found the tube size to be a little small for the price of a non-high end brand. On the flip side, the small size makes it perfect for traveling and tossing in purses. I do wish they were more pigmented, as that’s my general preference, but I know a lot of people like sheer glosses.
What is the craziest eyeshadow combo you’ve come up with–that’s worked amazingly? Did you ever think of using a few shadows together, and you really didn’t think they’d work together, yet they were rockin’? Share!
There are few days out of the year where I really go all out to look my very best in every single way; this Valentine’s Day was one of those such occasions. As the first Valentine’s Day I get to actually spend with my boyfriend [in person], I wanted to pamper and primp myself to the nines. Even though we didn’t (and didn’t intend to) go out, I still wanted to work hard to be at my prettiest! (But those are my flowers pictured above!)
Temptalia’s Pampering & Primping Routine
- Cleansed, exfoliated, and soft from head to toe. My usual shower is ten to fifteen minutes, but today I was in there for at least a half hour. I shampooed and conditioned my hair (with Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship), exfoliated my body (with cake’s sweet cheeks scrub), and shaved (with Every Man Jack Shave Gel). Oh, plus took a loofah to every inch (with philosophy’s raspberry sorbet shower gel).
- Moisturized from head to toe. Pretty standard, but I chose a scent I knew my boy would really enjoy, which meant I pulled out bliss’ vanilla+bergamot body butter. I hate feeling cold lotion on warm skin, so I always make sure to whip the body butter between my palms to help warm it up before I apply it to my skin.
- Thoroughly prepped the face ’til it was baby soft. Although I’d like to think I pay a lot of attention to my face on a day to day basis, I made sure not to miss a pore. I exfoliated (with Prescriptives’ Instant Gratification, my love) first, and then I followed with a healthy layer of moisturizer (Estee Lauder’s Re-Nutriv Ultimate Youth Creme).
- Blow dried my hair for five minutes at a time inbetween steps. I don’t particularly like standing around blow drying my hair, so I tend to do it in shorter intervals while I’m getting ready, but I definitely did this!
- Highlighted my decolletage. Really! I dusted MAC’s Daisylight beauty powder on my shoulders and cleavage for subtle highlighting and some shimmer.
- Get polished with makeup (everyone’s favorite part). I already posted the look I wore for Valentine’s Day earlier this afternoon, but I want to tell you why I chose to do that look. My boyfriend doesn’t hate on bright looks, but he does prefer more natural ones, so that was a definite factor that weighed into my decision. Secondly, I think it’s important to enhance natural beauty on an occasion like Valentine’s Day, which is about loving and appreciating each other. I wanted to go for a look that was subtle, but eye-catching, and something that would suit my skintone and incorporate a touch of color. I opted for darker pink-red lips rather than a brighter pink or a deep red, because my boyfriend loves me in pink lips (and hates me in red lips!). I also made sure to properly contour and highlight my cheeks so they would be more prominent.
- Total Pampering & Primping Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
What’s your ultimate pampering and primping routine? What do you do when you want to look your very, very best?