Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
5 Ways to Wear: Purple Eyeshadow
Featuring MAC Satellite Dreams
MAC Satellite Dreams Eyeshadow is a gorgeous shade of muted, toned-down medium purple. It’s really a wearable shade of purple — not bright like Stars ‘n Rockets, nor too pale like Digit. Here are five different ways you can wear this fun shadow!
Start by applying your favorite neutral base (e.g. MAC Soft Ochre paint pot, Urban Decay Primer Potion, or Too Faced Shadow Insurance) all over your lid. Apply Shroom eyeshadow to the inner third of the eye lid with a fluffy shadow brush like the 239. Lightly apply Seedy Pearl eyeshadow to the middle third of the lid with a fluffy shadow brush. With a fluffy crease brush like the 226, apply Satellite Dreams eyeshadow to the outer third of the lid and blend into the crease. Darken the crease by lighting tapping Contrast eyeshadow into the outer third of the crease with a pencil brush like the 219. Finish by highlighting the brow bone with Shroom eyeshadow, lining the lower lash line with a soft black, and applying a few coats of black mascara onto upper and lower lashes. For lips, try using a plummy-pink or neutral pink lipstick/gloss. For cheeks, a cool-toned pink or soft raspberry will do the trick.
Check out four more ways to wear this shadow… Continue reading →
Temptalia Gives Away MAC Fashion Groupie Eyeshadow!
We’re giving away one (1) MAC Fashion Groupie Eyeshadow, from the limited edition MAC Love That Look Collection.
Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post and sharing how you’d wear Fashion Groupie eyeshadow.
All entries must be submitted by August 11th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Increase Your Chances to Win…
For a total of four chances! Just remember you must leave a comment on this post to get entered initially. Please be sure to use a valid e-mail address.
2. Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!).
3. Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
4. Join our Forums! (please include your Forum user name OR use the same e-mail address.)
Congratulations Larissa H.! Thank you for participating!
Prescriptives’ Well Suited Collection is a nice launch easy, wearable shades in pre-made palettes (cool, neutral, and warm), along with the release of new longwearing liners. My favorite products from this launch are the new longwearing liners and the Well-Suited Finishing Powder. I also thought Posh Beige was a gorgeous shade from the LipColors.
Well-Suited Eye Color Compact ($40.00 U.S. / $48.00 CDN)
All three palettes had decent to good color pay off, but I did find shadows that had a more matte finish were a little less smooth and could skip a bit when swatched. These colors are designed to be wearable shades, and Prescriptives succeeded in this aspect. If you’re more of a bold color kind of person, these might not be up your alley. If you’re looking for something you can wear all week, you may find these are suitable for you!
- Warm includes a soft, satin-y peach; a warm-toned medium brown with gold and green shimmer; a neutral-toned golden green-brown; a dark teal with aqua-blue shimmer; and a slightly warmed-up dark brown with a semi-matte/matte finish.
- Neutral looks like a smoky eyes palette, actually. It includes a neutral-toned peach with light peach-gold shimmer; a neutral-tone reddish-brown with multicolored shimmer; a satiny, dark, chocolate brown; a medium silver with slight shimmer; and a matte black.
- Cool consists of a peachy-pink with silvery shimmer; a cool-toned chocolate brown with slight shimmer; a grayish shade with brown undertones; a reddish-plum with golden shimmer; and a matte dark purple.
- Well-Suited Finishing Powder ($28.00) is a satiny, dusty pink with the collection’s theme as a raised pattern on the compact. It goes on as a pale, slightly warm pink (neutral or warm, but definitely not cool). It doesn’t have any shimmer, and it looks very natural and soft on skin.
- Posh Honey is a semi-sheer warm-toned beige with golden sihmmer.
- Posh Ginger is a brownish shade with a little bit of warm red with slight golden shimmer.
- Posh Nude is a pinky-nue with a semi-sheer finish and low-level gold pearl.
- Posh Pink is a semi-opaque raspberry pink with a glossy sheen.
Longwear Kohl Liner ($17.50 U.S. / $21.00 CDN)
- Black Kohl is a medium flat black — not an ultra rich, ultra black-black, but a wearable, soft black.
- Blush Kohl is a medium-dark blue with no shimmer or sheen.
- Brown Kohl is a slightly war-toned chocolate brown.
- Slate Kohl is a grayish-charcoal shade with a slight sheen.
See more product photos and swatches… Continue reading →
Guerlain – Eyeshadow Palettes – Product Photos & Swatches
Guerlain Eyeshadow Palettes ($58.00 each) feel and look like a luxury product. The compact looks like gold, and it has a good amount of weight to it, which adds to that luxe feel. Each palette consists of four eyeshadows; two are stronger colors, while two are more neutral. There are six palettes altogether (not including limited edition releases): Turquoise Cendre, Violette du Soir, Rose Boise, Bronze Dore, Corail Ambre, and Perle d’Argent.
All of the shadows are smooth, silky soft, and well-pigmented. They go on like butter, and they last well even without a base. My absolute favorite was Bronze Dore, but I’m a sucker for greens, so is it really a surprise? I also loved the colors from Corail Ambre, because I felt they were extremely wearable and perfect for summer.
Where to Buy: Nordstrom.com
See product photos and swatches… Continue reading →
What are some of your must-have drugstore beauty products? Any gems you’ve found?
I love Maybelline’s Full ‘n Soft mascara — really great for natural lashes.
MAC Flirt With Fall Collection
U.S. Launch Date: August 27th, 2009
International Launch Date: September 2009
We’re dramatically lashing out with the help of a preeminent authority on the subject: Academy Award-nominated Hollywood makeup artist, Christina Smith, who’s developed this innovative collection of glamorous Silver Screen style lash looks just for MAC, and that means you’re that much closer to the secrets of being red-carpet ready, runway-ravishing. Part of our continuous commitment to collaborating with the most incredible talents working around the globe, these lashes will step it up and set it off!
Lashes ($12.50 U.S. / $15.00 CDN)
- #43 Lash Natural length. Wispy bundles that give even flirty fringe. Blend of black and brown hair. (Permanent)
- #44 Lash Unique combo of separate bundles at inner corner and dramatic winged outer corner. Blend of black and brown hair. (Permanent)
- #45 Lash Half lash Long separate bundles look both wispy and dramatic. Blend of black and brown hair. (Limited Edition)
- #46 Lash Full and short. Blend of black and brown hair. (Permanent in MAC Stores)
- #47 Lash Extra long side swept hairs combine with fullness at the base to give an edgy look. Blend of black and brown hair. (Limited Edition)
- #48 Lash Slightly more dramatic length. Wispy bundles give flirty fringe. Blend of black and brown hair. (Permanent in MAC Stores)
See more photos… Continue reading →