Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
What’s your favorite lipstick to wear to feel good? Is it all about a bold, red lip? Dark and vampy? Light and playful pink?
I probably like to go for a really fun pink–nothing hot fuchsia pink, but nothing totally nude. Something like Sweetie lipstick and a nice, iridescent lipgloss on top — maybe Palatial lustreglass!
Worst Eyeliner? What product wins this category?
Left to Right: Baby Doll/Honey Bunny; Hey Sexy/Hot Mamma;
Sunset Surprise/Sherry Baby; Stardust/Moonlight Kiss
Eve Pearl Kisses of Pearl Lip Gloss Combos ($28.00) come with two detachable lipgloss colors. You can detach them for easier travel, or you can mix and match your own for your favorite combos. Eve Pearl offers a total of five lipgloss combos, four are pictured above. The lipglosses are non-sticky, but they’re still thick and fairly pigmented. They don’t last forever on your lips, but they last me a solid three or four hours if I’m not eating/drinking. I like the high glossy finish to these, and the shimmer is noticeable without being chunky. They also smell like mint, which is definitely different from the standard lipgloss.
- Baby Doll/Honey Bunny is a gorgeous duo of duochrome champagne-peach-pink and pinky-strawberry. You know I love my peachy-gold-pink lipgloss family, so this was a must-have for me.
- Hey Sexy/Hot Mamma is a mix of sheer, shimmery plum and vibrant ruby red. I love, love how pigmented and glorious the red is.
- Sunset Surprise/Sherry Baby is a mix of a bright pop of coral-orange with gold shimmer and a darker, berryish shade with subtle shimmer.
- Stardust/Moonlight Kiss is a vampier duo with a deep brownish-gold and a dark wine with red shimmer.
Save at Eve Pearl
FYI, you can still save 20% off of Eve Pearl products (excluding kits). Just use code EP22332309. You can also get free shipping in the U.S. for orders over $100 and free international shipping on orders over $200. Both offers are good until March 23rd, 2009.
See swatches… Continue reading →
4 Summery Makeup Combinations Using MAC True Chartreuse Pigment
Pair it with browns as a way to wear chartreuse without it being overly bright. The brown helps to tone it down and makes it look very earthy.
Summery yellows work really well when coordinated with True Chartreuse. It helps bring out the yellow-tones in the color, making it more yellow than green.
Paired with teals and greens to go really colorful!
Make it pop with bright liner on your lower lash line. Use blues and greens and teals!
How do you like to wear True Chartreuse Pigment?
It’s been SO long since I’ve done the “traditional” smokey eye, so I had the urge to try it out again I’m spending my weekend cramming/studying for my Stats and Managerial Accounting finals on Monday (yay, back-to-back finals, so awesome!). I’m meeting up with some study buddies for Stats in an hour — I’m hoping it will really help bring things together for me.
What are you doing this weekend? Let me live vicariously through you so my weekend isn’t a total bummer!!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral base), Electra eyeshadow (bright silver), Silver Ring (dark silver), Carbon eyeshadow (matte black), Shroom eyeshadow (highlighter), Graphblack technakohl (black), Blacktrack fluidline (black), Zoomlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Well Dressed blush (soft cool pink), Dior Rose Diamond Skin Shimmer (pink highlighter)
- Lips: Sandy B lipstick (pinky nude), C-Thru lipglass (nude)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: N/A
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, apply Electra eyeshadow using the 239. Apply Silver Ring eyeshadow to the middle of the lid, extending to the outer lid. Darken the outer lid Carbon Flip eyeshadow using the 239. Darken crease with Carbon eyeshadow using the 226. Sweep Shroom eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Smudge Silver Ring eyeshadow on the lower lash line using the 219 brush. Finish with Graphblack technakohl on lower lash line, Blacktrack fluidline on upper lash line, and Zoomlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Well Dressed blush using the 129, then highlight with Dior Rose Diamond Skin Shimmer with the 188. Apply Sandy B lipstick to lips, and then top with C-Thru lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Temptalia Gives Away $180 of AmorePacific Skincare!
To celebrate AmorePacific’s recent launch on Sephora.com, AmorePacific is giving away a set of four of their products to one lucky Temptalia reader!
We’re giving away…
- (1) Moisture Bound Skin Energy Hydration Delivery System (Hydrator)
- (1) Treatment Enzyme Peel (Exfoliator)
- (1) Moisture Bound Lip Treatment (Lip Hydrator)
- (1) Treatment Cleansing Foam (Foaming Cleanser)
Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post (you can say anything at all). All entries must be submitted by March 17th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. That’s it! This contest is only open to U.S. residents only (must have U.S. address).
Winner has been chosen, thank you for trying!