Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
It’s been SO long since I’ve done the “traditional” smokey eye, so I had the urge to try it out again I’m spending my weekend cramming/studying for my Stats and Managerial Accounting finals on Monday (yay, back-to-back finals, so awesome!). I’m meeting up with some study buddies for Stats in an hour — I’m hoping it will really help bring things together for me.
What are you doing this weekend? Let me live vicariously through you so my weekend isn’t a total bummer!!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral base), Electra eyeshadow (bright silver), Silver Ring (dark silver), Carbon eyeshadow (matte black), Shroom eyeshadow (highlighter), Graphblack technakohl (black), Blacktrack fluidline (black), Zoomlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Well Dressed blush (soft cool pink), Dior Rose Diamond Skin Shimmer (pink highlighter)
- Lips: Sandy B lipstick (pinky nude), C-Thru lipglass (nude)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: N/A
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, apply Electra eyeshadow using the 239. Apply Silver Ring eyeshadow to the middle of the lid, extending to the outer lid. Darken the outer lid Carbon Flip eyeshadow using the 239. Darken crease with Carbon eyeshadow using the 226. Sweep Shroom eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Smudge Silver Ring eyeshadow on the lower lash line using the 219 brush. Finish with Graphblack technakohl on lower lash line, Blacktrack fluidline on upper lash line, and Zoomlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Well Dressed blush using the 129, then highlight with Dior Rose Diamond Skin Shimmer with the 188. Apply Sandy B lipstick to lips, and then top with C-Thru lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Temptalia Gives Away $180 of AmorePacific Skincare!
To celebrate AmorePacific’s recent launch on Sephora.com, AmorePacific is giving away a set of four of their products to one lucky Temptalia reader!
We’re giving away…
- (1) Moisture Bound Skin Energy Hydration Delivery System (Hydrator)
- (1) Treatment Enzyme Peel (Exfoliator)
- (1) Moisture Bound Lip Treatment (Lip Hydrator)
- (1) Treatment Cleansing Foam (Foaming Cleanser)
Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post (you can say anything at all). All entries must be submitted by March 17th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. That’s it! This contest is only open to U.S. residents only (must have U.S. address).
Winner has been chosen, thank you for trying!
Do you color your hair? Highlights? Prefer your natural color?
Still natural at the moment, but I’ve been itching to get highlights or add some warmth to my hair… or maybe go really, deep dark black all over. I’d like to grow my hair out a bit more before I spend the $, though!
Simple Skincare Cleansing Facial Wipes ($6.49) make cleaning your face easy as 1-2-3. I do prefer to follow my nightly skincare routine, but sometimes I’m already half asleep and would rather just crash. It’s nights like those that I keep a package of cleansing wipes on hand. Simple Skincare is a popular brand in the UK, and it recently launched its products here in the U.S.
The Cleansing Facial Wipes do a great job of removing stubborn makeup and lip gunk without leaving any oily residue. It’s actually supposed to cleanse and tone your skin simultaneously. Even when I’m not feeling totally and utterly lazy, I often reach for one of these to remove heavier eye or lip makeup — it just makes my cleansing process more effective. I get to wipe off a bunch of makeup and dirt rather than massaging it into my skin like a traditional liquid cleanser, you know?
Simple wants to give Temptalia readers a chance to try these out! 25 lucky Temptalia winners will receive a pack of Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes. Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post–you can say anything at all, but you gotta say something so we can count your entry.
All entries must be submitted by March 16th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. That’s it! This contest is only open to U.S. residents only (must have a U.S. address).
Winner has been chosen, thank you for trying!
Increase Your Chances to Win (For a total of three chances!)
Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!).
Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
MAC Cosmetics Sugarsweet Collection
Launch Date: March 19th, 2009 (North America), April 2009 (International)
Who cares if the candy man can… it’s the cupcake ingenue who’s caught the sweet spot this season. Temptation is everywhere – luscious, whipped-cream decadent, deliciously decorative frosting colours and sugared almond combinations. Like peering through the window of a Parisian patisserie, you’ll want to become one of each! Have fun with a new Red Velvet recipe Shadestick. Tricolour Lipglass is like a mille feuille of layered lip gloss colours, each gives way to the next in a triple-layered pearl-swirl of prettiness; add extra yum to Eye Shadow; Perfect Topping Mineralize Skinfinish is the ultimate cake walk. We could eat you up.
- Sweet Thing Mid-tone magenta with multi dimensional pearl (Lustre)
- Bubbles Sheer frosty white beige (Glaze) (Repromote)
- Touch Peachy cinnamon (Lustre) (Permanent)
- Lollipop Loving Mid-tone coral with subtle green and gold iridescence (Glaze) (Repromote)
- Saint Germain Pastel pink (Amplified Creme) (Repromote, Perm international)
Tricolour Lipglass ($17.50)
- Tasty Top Sheer blue pink with reflects, Middle Mid-tone blue pink with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Dark creamy red pink
- Just Dessert Top Sheer yellow pink with reflects, Middle Mid-tone yellow pink with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Mid-tone creamy yellow pink
- Simpy Delicious Top Sheer peach with reflects, Middle Pale coral with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Creamy mid-tone coral
- Triple-Yum Top Sheer gold with gold reflects, Middle True gold with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Mid-tone bronze
- Consume Me Top Sheer white with reflects, Middle Pale mint with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Creamy light peach with pearlized pigments
- Sugarshot Pale frosty beige (Lustre)
- Dear Cupcake Mid-tone pink coral with gold pearlized pigments (Satin)
- Aquavert Soft mint with white pearlized pigments (Veluxe Pearl) (Repromote)
- Stars n Rockets Lavender with red/pink reflects (Veluxe Pearl) (Permanent)
- Club Muted reddish brown duochrome with green opalescent shimmer (Satin) (Permanent)
- Cakeshop Frosted light neutral beige
- Butternutty Frosted pale white gold
- Lemon Chiffon Frosted pewter
- Red Velvet Frosted mid-tone pink
- Penny Light pinky copper (Repromote)
Mineralize Skinfinish ($27.00)
- Perfect Topping Pink/peach/lavender melange
- Refined Tan/peach/coral melange
Nail Lacquer ($11.00)
- Peppermint Patti Creamy mint green (Cream)
- Seasonal Peach Creamy pale peachy pink (Cream)
See product photos… Continue reading →
MAC Colour Ready Collection
Launch Date: April 2nd, 2009 (North America), April 2009 (International)
- Show Orchid Vivid hot pink (PRO)
- Impassioned Amped up fuschsia (Perm)
- Bitter Vivid bright golden green flecked with shimmer (Perm)
- White Frost Vivid bright white with icy shimmer (Perm)
Penultimate Eye Liner ($16.50)
Eye Brows ($14.50)
- Stud Deep rich blackened brown (Perm)
Prep + Prime Line Filler ($19.50)
Prep + Prime Line Filler is a targeted deep wrinkle filler with long term skincare benefits that uses a unique technological breakthrough. Line Filler plumps and smoothes skin and drastically reduces the appearance of wrinkles and expression lines. A combination of Gatuline Expression™ and Argireline work together to relax the appearance of facial tension and expression lines, as well as boost the skin’s natural collagen production. Line Filler produces immediate results, but will also help eliminate the appearance of expression lines with continued use. The product is designed to be used under or over makeup and can also be used to touch up throughout the day.
Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone ($19.50)
Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone is a partial primer designed for use in the T-Zone. This lightweight, oil-free, soy-based emulsion instantly helps minimize visible pores while helping to control excess surface oil and shine. MAC employs High Tech Optics, an advanced technology powder and light diffusers to fill in lines. The result: an invisible, natural-looking, long-lasting matte finish that also helps keep pores clean, clear and unclogged. It mattifies and hides imperfections using advanced powders and microspheres while a Mannose-Phosphate blend gently exfoliates away dead cells giving the skin a more youthful look and silica particles absorb oil. In addition to immediately minimizing pore appearance and shine, 24% experience an increased luminosity and clarity of the skin. Additionally, clinical tests show that over time, the Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone reduces the appearance of clogged pores and shrinks the appearance of pores to nearly two-thirds of its original size.
Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder ($21.00)
Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder is not your usual translucent powder. With a virtually invisible feather-light, silky colorless application, the powder both reduces shine and maintains radiance due to a finely milled formula of corn starch, silica and micronized mica. Though it was designed to set and stabilize makeup, it can also be worn alone over moisturizer for a natural and radiant complexion. It was also a huge hit backstage during fashion week and was used at nearly every major show including Zac Posen, Badgley Mischka, Stella McCartney, Behnaz Sarafpour, Alberta Ferretti and Giles.
- 129SH All-purpose for blush or face powder. This brush is particularly good for blush application. The fibers are soft and form a full, rounded shape.
See product photos… Continue reading →