The Summer Season is a series of posts featuring bright, vibrant shades of coral, orange, and pink lipsticks and lipglosses — all perfect for a summer of fun — that runs through July 2010.
The gloss isn’t sticky, and it’s very lightweight; it has a thin consistency but comes with a dazzling sparkle. They have a sweetened scent, which I can’t quite put my finger on, but it’s there in both the scent and the taste–it is subtle, though. I get only an hour of wear with these, which is below average for me (I typically get two to three), and they’re not as hydrating as I’d expect. My lips aren’t a dried out mess, but they do seem to need a little extra TLC post-wear. The SPF 6 is nice, though, particularly since you can’t smell or taste it.
The packaging is sleek, but given how little is housed inside, they start to seem a little bulky. It’s actually in the quantity that I get frustrated–most glosses fall somewhere between 0.10 oz. and 0.20 oz. in product, and the price varies from $14 to 30. Clarins Instant Sun Light Gloss comes in at $450/oz. as compared to Chanel at $142/oz., Dior at $126/oz., and Guerlain at $165/oz. It’s really a shame that they didn’t give you a little more product, because at $18, they seem rather affordable for a high-end brand. Clarins Gloss Appeal, which is comparable, is available for $21 for 0.18 oz., and I really couldn’t say what makes the click gloss so much better that it’d be worth it.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
Becca Jewel Dust ($24.00 for 0.04 oz.) are loose multi-purpose powders made without talc or fillers. There are sixteen shades in the full range, from shimmering champagnes to baby blues. I picked up three shades when Becca was on HauteLook a few weeks back.
One thing I really enjoyed about these was that they work nearly as well dry as they do wet. When they are used wet, they do create a smoother, more solid color, but used dry, they hold together pretty well. They worked well over eyeshadow primers as well as cream eyeshadows.
All three shades I tried out are actually colors that I don’t quite have in loose form, and the way they shimmer is very reflective and sophisticated, actually–particularly when used on eyes. I could see some of the lighter, more neutral shades being used as an all-over dusting on lids for a little oomph without doing much else.
If you were using Urban Decay Dashiki Eyeshadow?, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Did you come up with a look you’d like to share featuring today’s product? You can link to your images, embed your images using HTML, or you can submit your images via e-mail to share them with readers to help give them inspiration on how to use the product!
Summer 2010 Collection Reviews
Can you believe that fall collections are a mere few weeks away? Yes, indeed, fall coverage will start trickling in come July and be in full swing by August. Let’s take a look at where we’ve been this summer…
- Bobbi Brown Beach Club Collection
- Bobbi Brown Treatment Lip Shine
- Chanel Les Pop Up de Chanel Collection
- Chanel Noir et Or Collection
- Dior Addicted to Dior Collection
- Dolce & Gabbana Midnight Bloom Collection
- Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Collection
- Givenchy Summer 2010 Collection
- Guerlain Meteorites Perles Collection
- Guerlain Terracotta Collection
- Illamasqua Body Electrics Collection
- Lancome Bronze Riviera Collection
- Le Metier de Beaute Endless Summer Collection
- MAC Art Supplies Collection
- MAC Chromagraphic Pencils Collection
- MAC Nude Collection
- MAC Prep for Colour Collection
- MAC Pret-a-Papier Collection
- MAC Superglass Collection
- MAC To the Beach Collection
- NARS Belle du Jour Collection
- Smashbox Naked Beauty Collection
- Tarte Summer 2010 Collection
- YSL Solaris Collection
- Barielle High Steppin’ Collection
- China Glaze Poolside Collection
- Essie Summer 2010 Collection
- Milani Liquid Metal Collection
- SpaRitual Kaleidescope Collection
- Orly Viva Collection
- Zoya Flash Collection
- Zoya Sparkle Collection
Let’s share our favorites (and not so favorites!)…
Favorite Summer Collection:
Most Disappointing Collection:
Favorite Summer 2010 Product: