Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Tarte Fall 2009 Collection
Tarte has a pretty expansion product range releasing this fall. From makeup to skincare to concealer, they have it coming!
lifted™ natural eye primer with Firmitol™ ($20.00 US / $26.00 CDN)
Get locked and lifted™ with this naturally firming eyelid primer. The universal base locks shadow in place all day and boosts pigment payoff while Firmitol™, the proprietary firming complex helps tighten eyelids and the surrounding eye area to help give the affect of younger, smoother eyes naturally. Clinical results show rapid improvement in achieving a smooth healthy look in all participants via nerve synapse interactions (gamma-aminobutyric acid and botanicals).
femme fatale refillable natural eye palettes ($44.00 U.S. / $57./00 CDN)
- Top row (l-to-r): shimmering blush, iridescent smoke, shimmering violet, shimmering indigo, shimmering onyx
- Bottom row (l-to-r): shimmering light gold, shimmering copper-rose, shimmering deep bronze, shimmering jade, shimmering garnet
- Double-ended eyeliner: shimmering emerald and shimmering orchid
- Double-ended brush with greatness eyeshadow brush
femme naturale refillable natural eye palettes ($44.00 U.S. / $57./00 CDN)
- Top Row (l-to-r): shimmering buff, soft sand, golden peach, shimmering sage, soft sienna
- Bottom row (l-to-r): golden tan, soft petal pink, golden plum, shimmering cocoa, golden navy
- Double-ended eyeliner: golden bronze and shimmering auburn
- Double-ended brush with greatness eyeshadow brush
green siren natural wax cheek stain ($28.00 U.S. / $36.00 CDN)
Our most popular, award-winning product has gone au naturel! With the purchase of every tarte green siren natural cheek stain, you’ll be supporting Sambazon’s Sustainable Acai Project (SAP), a member of the Fair Trade Federation, which helps to preserve the Amazone Rainforest through forest conservation, improved living conditions and educational opportunites for communities in Brazil.
- Green Siren Golden apricot (New)
- Natural Beauty Sheer berry rose
natural beauty complexion collection ($54.00 U.S. / $70.00 CDN)
Achieve complexion perfection with out natural beauty kits. Exclusive to Sephora and chock-full of high-performance naturals, these limited edition sets not only leave you looking like a natural beauty but treat, protect and soothe your skin. Available in four shades: fair, light, medium, and deep.
- clean slate natural face primer
- the eraser 4-in-1 natural concealer
- ReCreate natural anti-aging foundation with Wrinkle Rewind™ Technology SPF 15
- provocateur pressed mineral powder with SPF 8
- mineral powder bronzer
- New: foundation brush (synthetic bristles with wood handle)
dark circle defense ($32.00 U.S. / $42.00 CDN)
Get your eight hours of sleep in a compact. Unlike concealers that just lay on top of the skin this undereye corrector is clinically proven to reduce the appearance of eye puffiness in just 4 weeks. Finely milled light refracting minerals actually brighten skin to help camouflage dark circles, puffiness, redness, fine lines and wrinkles. Includes concealer brush. Available in Light-to-Medium and Medium-to-Deep.
reduce 24/7 natural lip sheer with SPF 15 ($14.00 U.S. / $23.00 CDN)
All the lasting power of a lipstick–with the moisturizing, high-sheen properties of a gloss! These budgeproof, moisturizing lip sheers with added SPF 15 give a “your lips, but better” effect that makes them perfect for when you want a kiss of color without looking overdone.
- Reduce Golden coral (New)
Available: August 2009 at tarte.com and Sephora.com.
See more photos… Continue reading →
Night Butterfly Quint
Dior’s Jazz Club Collection featured a great many items for the season, lots of smoky shades of shadows, pouty lip colors, and flawless skin could be seen.
Night Butterfly 5-Colour Eyeshadow Quint ($56.00) is a stunning combination of lilacs, jewel-tone purples, and glittery black. It contains a medium jewel-toned purple with pink shimmer, a softer pink-lilac, a shimmery berry-wine, a soft, gray with brown tones, and the centerpiece is a matte black with silver glitter. All five colors were well-pigmented, and all but the center black shade was incredibly smooth. I found the black shade to be a tiny bit chalky, and the glitter, while pretty to look at, resulted in a fair amount of fall out. The black shade reminded me a lot of MAC’s Black Tied eyeshadow.
Smoky Jazz Eyeshadow Palette ($65.00) has four shades of eyeshadow, one shade of eyebrow powder, and one shade of eyeliner. In this palette, the eyeliner is a dark black, which wasn’t super creamy, so it made it a bit difficult to use. The brow powder shade was a cool-toned medium-dark brown. The four eyeshadow shades included a lightly grayed-black, cool-toned bronzy-taupe, medium silver, and a brighter silvery-frost. Pigmentation was so-so in these, but I felt like Dior’s singles, duos, and quint eyeshadows were much better in quality and pigmentation in comparison.
Purple Jazz Eyeshadow Palette ($65.00) has four shades of eyeshadow, one shade of eyebrow powder, and one shade of eyeliner. The eyeliner in this palette is a cranberry-burgundy shade, and again, not ultra creamym, making it less appealing. The brow powder was the same, cool-toned medium-dark brown as in the Smoky Jazz palette. The four eyeshadow shades included: a red-toned purple-plum, a cool-toned amethyst purple, a cool-toned shimmery taupe-brown, and an icy pink with silver shimmer. Again, pigmentation wasn’t the best in these, and I certainly couldn’t recommend these at the price point they’re at, because the quality just isn’t up to snuff.
Argentic 1-Colour Extreme Eyeshadow ($27.50) is a silvery, lightly-taupe shade of eyeshadow. It’s extremely shimmery and pigmented. (For the price, it should be!) Trendy Taupe 1-Colour Extreme Eyeshadow ($27.50) is a semi-matte deep brown that runs more neutral than warm or cool. Cocktail Look 2-Colour Eyeshadow ($35.00) is a duo featuring a semi-matte, satiny silver-gray and a shimmery confection pink.
- Taffeta Plum Ultra-Gloss Reflect ($25.50) is a semi-sheer plummy-raspberry with pink shimmer with a frosty finish.
- Draped Burgundy Ultra-Gloss Reflect ($25.50) is a semi-sheer deeper, reddish-burgundy with light golden shimmer.
- Mauve Royale Addict Lip Color ($26.00) is a shimmery pink with slight mauve tones. It has a bit of golden shimmer weaved throughout the shade. It felt semi-sheer to me.
- Decadent Plum Addict Lip Color ($26.00) is a rich, semi-opaque reddish-wine with plummy tones. It reminded me a bit of a red plum outside, just a little more vibrant. This one has more of a glossy sheen than any shimmer.
- Negligee Pink Addict Lip Color ($26.00) is an opaque, pinky-red with a glossy sheen and no real shimmer.
- Rose Nectar Creme de Gloss ($26.00) is a semi-sheer peachy-rose with golden shimmer with a frosty finish.
- Sweet Praline Creme de Gloss ($26.00) is a semi-sheer deeper, more brown version of Rose Nectar, with more of a soft coppery shimmer.
- Black Plum Vernis ($20.00) is a dark, burgundy-wine shade that goes on glossy and opaque.
The collection also included some permanent items being repromoted, such as Rose Diamond Skin Shimmer, Strawberry Sorbet and Rosebud Blushes.
See swatches and product photos… Continue reading →
Benefit “It” Girl Collection for Fall 2009
Being an ‘It’ girl is a full-time job. ‘It’ simply never stops…I’ve always gotta be on ‘it’ with all these cameras flashing from dawn to dusk. Because when you got ‘it,’ you got ‘it’ & when you don’t, get ‘it’ with these new full-finish lipsticks & velvet eyeshadows. Jeweled berries, pewters & pinks, these are the fabulous ‘it’ shades for Fall. See & be seen in them…after all, there’s plenty of room on the red carpet for the both of us!
Full-Finish Lipstick ($18.00 U.S.)
- Fame Game Dusty pink (Pearl)
- Label Lover Spiced rose (Pearl)
- Breakup Rumor Jeweled berry (Pearl)
Velvet Eyeshadow ($19.00 U.S.)
- Fawn Over Me Café au lait
- I Cannes & I Will Golden mulberry
- Where There’s Smoke Smoky pewter
Availability: August 2009 at BenefitCosmetics.com.
See more photos… Continue reading →
Giorgio Armani Beauty Manta Ray Collection for Fall 2009
The new fall dress code for Giorgio Armani is “Greige.” Subtle but distinct tones accentuate a deep smoky eye contrasted with a fresh, luminous complexion and a muted, but intense lip color.
Manta Ray Eye Duo Palettes ($38.00)
The star product of the season is the eye duo palette, which is dressed with an exotic Manta Ray pattern. Inspired by the precious and luxurious materials used in Giorgio Armani fashion accessories, the palettes offer a beautiful selection of color harmonies inspired by nature. The collection features subtle hues that offer a new take on the timeless color “Greige,” create by Giorgio Armani. The rich filtered eye tones, presented in a matte Greige compact, give depth and mystery to the eyes with subtle contours and highlights.
- N° 1 – charcoal and Greige: the ultimate eye shadow combination for this season’s smoky eye
- N° 2 – deep ocean blue and intense ocean green
- N° 3 – pale lilac grey and luminous fuchsia
- N° 4 – light blue stone and sandy beige
- N° 5 – shimmering lilac pearl and pale green pearl
Liquid Silk Eye Liner ($30.00)
Armani Liquid Silk Eye Liners in matte charcoal grey or midnight metallic blue contrast the softer Greige tones with a smooth high precision stroke. The formula, which contains microdispersed waxes and micro-fil™ polymer, boosts the deep intense color and ensures a long-lasting, quick-drying application.
Armani Silk Lipstick ($25.00)
This season’s must-have Armani lipstick accentuates the natural lip color, keeping the focus on the eyes. The grey-blue tones in this soft plum lipstick add intensity to the lip without giving a dark contrast, the new alternative to beige. The Armani Silk lipstick formula dresses the lips with a hydrating and silky veil. Specific oils allow the shade to reveal intense and radiant color, resulting in a luminous blush on the lips.
The “Greige” Eye Look by Linda Cantello
“Eye shadow is about shading. Rather than adding shadows, these muted tones contour and define, accentuating the eye and the pupil; the focus is actually on the eye itself. My favorite is the Greige and charcoal duo shade palette, but the pale lilac grey and fuchsia offer a really beautiful pop of color.”
Use the Greige shade to contour the eye by sweeping the shadow along the crease of the eye. Follow by sweeping the shade under the lower lash line and over the upper lash line. Use charcoal to add intensity. A second option is to sweep the charcoal shadow over the whole lid and use the Greige to blend. For added intensity, apply midnight blue eyeliner along the upper lid lash line.
Availability: The Fall 2009 Collection is available for a limited time online at www.giorgioarmanibeauty.com and at selected fine department stores, including Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdales.
See more photos… Continue reading →
What are your best beauty habits? Always remember the SPF? Never sleep with your makeup on?
I’m pretty good with applying SPF everyday, and I always wash my face in the AM and PM religiously. There is no such thing as too tired!
For many of us, Mondays can be tough days, what with the work/school week starting off anew. I like to motivate myself for the week by finding things I’m lusting after (usually beauty products–shock of shocks, I’m sure!). It helps me focus my energy on Monday mornings into the things I need to get done, and these little acts of motivation can also serve to be rewards later on down the road, if I accomplish enough of my to-do list, of course! 😉
- theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer ($22.00) is one of theBalm’s newer products, and it is a a shimmery powder. It looks like it’s designed to be a highlighter, but the copy says it can be used as a highlighter, shimmer or shadow. All I know is I’ve heard great things about theBalm’s cheek products, but I haven’t had a chance to try them out for myself.
- Philosophy Beach Party Golden Girl Lip Shine ($12.00) is a summery lip shine, and if you know me… you know I love me some Philosophy lip shines! They’re really hydrating on the lips, give a gorgeous glossy sheen, and they smell delicious.
- Givenchy Poetique Blues ($53.00) just looks stunning in the promo photos. I haven’t seen Givenchy’s fall collection pop up on-counter yet, but it’s all available via Sephora now… for things like these, I’m so hesitant to buy sight unseen, though!
- Benefit Cosmetics Lip Gloss ($18.00) is Benefit’s latest gloss formula, and the shades look gorgeous. I haven’t broken down and purchased any yet, because I haven’t heard enough glowing reviews… What say you?
- NARS Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara ($25.00) is a new mascara, which just recently debuted at Sephora, designed to volumize and hold a curl. I’ve never tried mascara by NARS, so I wonder how this one will compare. The price is a little steep for my liking, though. At that price, I’ll opt for YSL or Chanel.
- Illamasqua Pure Pigment ($24.00) seem to be right up my alley. I know the beauty world is buzzin’ about Illamasqua (both good and bad), but I am really anxious to see these for myself. Chasm, Conquer, and Involve all look like shades I’d love. Those of you in the UK or in NYC, love ’em or leave ’em?
- TEMPTU AIRbrush Makeup System ($225.00) is something that appeals to my inner beauty-gadget-geek. I love tech-y beauty stuff. I imagine this could be kind of fun 😉 (A girl can dream, right?)
- Korres Guava Lipstick ($22.00) is tempting, just because Korres, as a brand, has been impressing me as of late. I’m quite eager to check out their color line, since their skincare is fantastic.
What’s motivating you this Monday?