Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Today, tell me your favorites for…
Eye Liner that Makes Peepers Pop:
Lipgloss for Give-You-Anything Pout:
Brand for the Natural Look:
Here are mine:
Eye Liner that Makes Peepers Pop: Ye-yo by Urban Decay – great white liner
Lipgloss for Give-You-Anything Pout: Darphin Lip Gloss in Illusion
Brand for the Natural Look: Clinique or Bobbi Brown–it’s a toss up
Dior Holiday 2008′s Black Diamond Collection is gorgeous! Okay, this is just going off of the two products I’ve been able to see so far. Pictured above is the Twilight Quint ($54.00). I also got to check out Black Sequins nail lacquer, which I’ve included a product shot of, but I’ll be showing you a swatch another time (I’m such a tease!).
See swatches! Continue reading →
I know for some, right now is a penny-pinching time, with the US economy in turmoil and the financial markets off kilter. So I can completely empathize with wanting to give back, but not necessarily being able to without getting something back. And sometimes, giving and getting can be really fun. Throughout October, I will be listing many “pink” products from various beauty brands, so you can feel pretty and support the cause! And don’t think shopping pink stops with beauty–I was just at Safeway yesterday, and there were so many retailers with boxes decked out in pink ribbons!
- Bobbi Brown Pink Ribbon Collection ($40.00) This is a limited edition set featuring Pink Quartz Glitter Lip Gloss and Tulle Lip Color. Bobbi Brown will donate $35,000 from the proceeds of the sales from this set to BCRF.
- Laila Pink Eau de Parfum Spray ($95.00) is partnered with Susan G. Komen – For the Cure organization.They will donate 10% of sales of this perfume with a commitment of $25,000.
- Smashbox Pink Power Eye & Lip Kit ($46.00) This is a set of two matching pink palettes–a lip and an eye palette. Smashbox will donate a portion of the proceeds to Young Survival Coalition.
- Estee Lauder Evelyn Lauder Lip Trio ($22.00) is a trio of pink lipsticks: Bali Rose and Candy Pure Color Lipstick and Berry Signature Lipstick all packed into a pink travel case. Estee Lauder is donating $500,000 to BCRF.
YSL Pur Black Gloss sure is fun!
Above is the result of a little experiment I did last night trying to do “vampire lips” or the “just bitten” lips. Let me tell you, it isn’t as easy as you’d think! It’s not just red lipstick and then slapping on black gloss. Ultimately, what worked best was matte red lipstick (MAC Russian Red), then puckering lips up (to the max!), and applying a horizontal line of the black gloss (YSL Pur Black Gloss) on the top and bottom lip. Next, I took a glossy red gloss (MAC Boundless 3D Glass) and applied it vertically, without going too much over the black parts.
See the experiment from beginning to end! Continue reading →
Does your makeup routine change as the seasons change? If so, how?
Look from yesterday My brain is tired from reading marketing–at least it isn’t dying like it was doing accounting homework. I think accounting might kick my butt, LOL!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Lovely Lily pigment (lavender), Up-do eyeshadow (light pink), Team Violets eyeshadow duo (mauve-plum/dark burgundy), Hush eyeshadow (pink-toned highlighter), Urban Decay Lust Eye Liner (purple), Rave pearlglide liner (dark purple), Chanel Exceptionnel mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Blooming blush (soft pink)
- Lips: YSL Lingerie Pink rouge volupte lipstick (pale pink), Negligee lipglass (purple-pink)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Lovely Lily = Kitschmas (close); Up-do = Sushi Flower; Team Violet = Fig. 1//Sketch; Rave = Prunella; Blooming = Well Dressed; Negligee = Cultured
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Lovely Lily pigment all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, apply Up-do eyeshadow using the 239. Apply Team Violets (lighter side) to the middle of the lid. Darken the outer lid using Team Violets (darker side) and drag into crease using the 239. Sweep Hush eyeshadowunderneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Rave pearlglide liner on outer lower lash line and UD Lust Eye Liner on inner lower lash line, and Chanel Exceptionnel mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Blooming blush using the 129. Apply YSL Lingerie Pink lipstick to lips, and then top with Negligee lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →