Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Wedding Makeup for the Body & Nails: Product recommendations & suggestions for your bridal makeup or special occasional makeup. A product marked with a * means it is Temptalia tried, tested, and approved. A product marked with ** means that is Temptalia’s Top Pick.
See more product recommendations and suggestions… Continue reading →
Oh, Nordstrom’s, how you tempt me, let me count the ways… Dior Golds 569 quint is calling to me. I am rarely so tempted by high end brands like Chanel, Dior, etc., so when something nearly inspires me to buy, it’s an occasion to mark down! I reviewed and used the Goldfever quint a couple of weeks ago, but boy do I wish I had the Golds quint instead! This one is full of colors that are utterly me (okay, except the white color). (Hey, anyone want to trade?!) What stopped me from caving? Oh, the fact that just five minutes before I already sealed the deal with some fantastic new high heels (BCBGirls Saraff, $110!) that will kill my feet…
Dior Goldrush Summer collection is now available, btw! And of course, BCBGirls Saraff Slingback Sandals. Damn you Nordstrom’s! You get me every visit!
OVERALL, Dazzleglass introduces sixteen wearable shades of ultra high gloss/sheen lipgloss that’s bound to, ahem, dazzle. It’s great that MAC introduced so many at once just for the fact that you’re bound to be drawn to at least one or two of them! The consistency is thicker than lustreglass, maybe even as thick or thicker than lipglass, but with less stickiness than lipglass (though they still felt a little tacky to me). The glitter doesn’t feel particularly gritty in the swatch, though I personally felt that as they wore away through the day that some did feel gritty. After playing with them a bit, it really does seem like these are colored glosses mixed with reflects glitters–the new ones, the ultra finely milled ones. The texture of the glitter in these is nearly identical to reflects glitters (again, the newer ones that are finely milled). The packaging for this is larger than either lipglass/lustreglass, but it is not a glass tube as far as I could tell–it sounded and felt like plastic (nor were they very heavy), but they are kind of like test tubes. If you love super high reflecting glosses… check these out! They really do look amazing on lips, especially in sunlight (looks like shimmering water!).
- Pleasure Principle is the sheerest of the sixteen Dazzleglasses, primarily because it’s intended to be a very sheer, semi-clear glossy color. Cute to put on top of colors!
- Sugarrimmed is similar to Pleasure Principle, but it’s more of a white with pink undertones in it.
- Bare Necessity is a pale peach color with great iridescence/reflection. If you have paler lips, this would be a great beachy/summery color.
- Baby Sparks is a baby pastel pink with cool reflects, and I see this one being quite popular.
- Rags to Riches is a soft pastel mauvey-pink kind of color with multi-colored reflects.
- Get Rich Quick is a warm brown with pink reflects that is more wearable than you’d think.
- Money, Honey is a darker medium pink with equivalent reflects that go pink and fuchsia-purple. This one stood out the most to me in terms of something I’d wear often.
- Date Night is a dark berry color with a burgundy tone and pink reflects. Very pretty and suited to its name.
- Steppin’ Out is a brighter baby pink than Baby Sparks with warm tones, so I think those who’ve been wanting a light pink gloss will find either or both suitable for them.
- Love Alert is a pink-fuchsia that’s fairly bright, but as the Dazzleglasses are all fairly sheer, it’s wearable.
- Glamour O.D. is a warm pink with coral undertones and pink reflects. It’s a cute color.
- Spanking Rich is a darker pink with peach-berry undertones with multi-colored reflects.
- Like Venus is surprisingly pretty, very much a light purple-pink with light pink reflects. I was tempted by this one!
- Funtabulous is a bright fuchsia-purple color with cool purple reflects. Like Love Alert, it looks quite bold when swatched.
- Ms. Fizz is a medium pink with purple undertones – similar to Steppin’ Out except it does have that purple-fuchsia dimension to it.
- Comet Blue is a cool blue with a little bit of gray undertones. It’s not straight blue, nor pastel blue, but a mix.
See more swatches… Continue reading →
Tell us why/what you love, hate, or are indifferent about… LIMITED EDITION COLLECTIONS!
The Classic Look is timeless, sophisticated and polished, playing on Pepper’s daytime fashion and on-the-go lifestyle as Tony’s trusty assistant. For makeup that lasts no matter what kind of drama may unfold during the day, begin by applying the long-wearing Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup for face and top with Tender Blush in Fresh Plum for softly glowing cheeks. Eyes are beautifully defined with Estée Lauder’s Artist’s Eye Pencil in SoftSmudge Black, Signature Eyeshadow Duo in Pink Dusk, and Double Wear Mascara in Black. Complete the impression with equally emphasized lips in rich shades with EstÄ“e Lauder’s Automatic Lip Pencil Duo in Fig and Signature Hydra Lustre Lipstick in Plum Frost. For high shine and a lustrous finish top with High Gloss in Rose.
The Romantic Look is soft, feminine and luminous and the perfect complement to Pepper’s evening style of a striking jewel-toned cocktail dress and long, flowing hair. Whether headed to a gala event or a soiree that calls for a softer focus, the look begins with Estée Lauder’s Individualist Natural Finish Makeup for face and Tender Blush in Peach Nuance for cheeks. To add a touch of soft sheen, apply Spotlight under foundation on cheek bones, at the center of face and just above the upper lip. For luminous eyes, apply Pure Color EyeShadows in Honey Drop and Ivory Box and top with Artist’s Eye Pencil in SoftSmudge Brown and Projectionist Mascara in Black. For lips that shimmer all night long, finish with long-wearing Double Wear Stay-in-Place Lip Duo in Constant Coral.
For the Classic Look:
- Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup $32.50
- Tender Blush in Fresh Plum $25.00
- Artist’s Eye Pencil in SoftSmudge Black $18.50
- Signature Eyeshadow Duo in Pink Dusk $25.00
- Double Wear Mascara in Black $19.50
- Automatic Lip Pencil Duo in Fig $23.50
- Signature Hydra Lustre Lipstick in Plum Frost $19.50
- High Gloss in Rose $ 16.00
For the Romantic Look:
- Individualist Natural Finish Makeup $32.50
- Tender Blush in Peach Nuance $25.00
- Pure Color EyeShadow in Honey Drop and Ivory Box $17.50
- Artist’s Eye Pencil in SoftSmudge Brown $18.50
- Projectionist Mascara in Black $19.50
- Double Wear Stay-in-Place Lip Duo in Constant Coral $20.00
Visit www.esteelauder.com for more details and close-ups of Gwyneth’s look in Iron Man.
Learn ABOUT Beauty From The Inside Out With Celebrity Nutritionist Jana Klauer, M.D. Lancôme
WHAT: Meet Dr. Jana Klauer during an exclusive intimate event and learn your Ultimate Power System for achieving absolute beauty from the inside out. Also, get the inside scoop on nutritional tips from Dr. Jana Klauer’s yet-to-be-released book and learn about the importance of linking your inner health to your everyday beauty regimen.
For years, glamorous New Yorkers have been looking good and feeling better thanks to Dr. Klauer’s advice and her New York Times best-seller How the Rich Get Thin. Her nutritional tips are the key to how successful and busy modern men and women stay fit and feeling great. Dr. Jana Klauer is a New York City based physician whose clinical expertise in nutrition, metabolic adaptation to exercise and biology of body fat regulation has made her one of the country’s leading authorities in her field. Between seeing clients and consulting on her Everyday Nutrition shakes and supplements, Dr. Klauer has appeared on MSNBC, The Martha Stewart Show, CNBC, WNBC’s High Net Worth show and has been covered in Vogue, Town & Country, W, Harper’s Bazaar, TIME, and Marie Claire, to name a few.
WHEN: April 26th three sessions available at 11:00 AM, 2:30 PM and 5:30 PM
WHERE: Lancôme, The Boutique | 2855 Stevens Creek Blvd. Santa Clara, California 95050
HOW: Call Lancôme I The Boutique at 408.244.8334 to book your appointment today. A $175 reservation fee is required and is fully redeemable towards Lancôme product. Limited space is available.
I’m going to be there at 11am! Are you heading there, too? Make sure you stop and say hi!