Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Urban Decay Holiday 2009 Collection/Offerings
As per usual, Urban Decay doesn’t disappoint with an early release of some very delectable holiday offerings!
24/7 Super Stash ($36.00)
- Five Existing Shades: Zero, Graffiti, Ransom, Rockstar, Stash
- Four New Shades: Corrupt (chocolate-brown with sparkle), Binge (navy), Eldorado (golden), and Oil Slick (black with glitter)
Book of Shadows Vol. 2 ($48.00)
- Seven New Shades: AC/DC (dark purple), Nylon (brown sparkle), Mushroom (gunmetal with taupe shift), Sphynx (pink w/glitter), Jinx (bright blue), Homegrown (bright green), Misdemeanor (dark teal)
- Nine Existing Shades: Perversion, Sellout, Gunmetal, Ecstasy, Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, Twice Baked, Half Baked, Flipside, YDK
- Also included are must-have travel size 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils in best-sellers Zero and Bourbon, AND a travel size Eyeshadow Primer Potion in a new curvy bottle!
Apocalyptic Nail Kit ($26.00)
- White Widow (white sparkle)
- Gunmetal (gunmetal sparkle)
- Apocalypse (black-purple)
- Grunge (metallic peacock)
- Meltdown (royal purple)
- Big Bang (sparkling hot pink)
- Fbomb (true red)
Show Pony Shadow Box ($30.00)
- Snatch (peachy-pink with glitter) (NEW)
- Mildew (deep green)
- Flash (electric purple)
- Painkiller (turquoise shimmer) (NEW)
- Smog (deep bronze)
- Toasted (copper)
- 24/7 Eye Pencil Zero (black)
- Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Smoke Out Kit ($34.00)
- Sweet Lucy Blacks/greys
Yerba Deep greens
Urban Decay Rocks ($18.00)
More sophisticated than “body bling”, these resplendent crystals come in a variety of 24 silver, gold, and iridescent stones. Use just one in the inner or outer corner of your eyes, try a smattering of different stones on one cheek, or ghetto-fabu-lize your nails. Get creative!
Availability: Secret Stash, Book of Shadows Vol. 2, Show Pony Shadow Box can be purchased at Sephora, ULTA and select Macy’s West locations. Or, online at sephora.com, ulta.com, macys.com, beauty.com and urbandecay.com. Apocalyptic Nail Kit can be purchased at Sephora and select Macy’s. Or, online at sephora.com, macys.com and urbandecay.com. Urban Decay Rocks! Available for $18 at select Macy’s West locations. Or, online at macys.com, beauty.com and urbandecay.com.
See more photos… Continue reading →
If you were using Make Up For Ever #159 Eyeshadow?, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Did you come up with a look you’d like to share featuring today’s product? You can link to your images, embed your images using HTML, or you can submit your images via e-mail to share them with readers to help give them inspiration on how to use the product!
Lather Up: Chanel Mousse Exfoliante Purete
Chanel Mousse Exfoliante Purete ($45.00 for 5 oz.) is a creamy cleanser/extremely mild exfoliant that cleanses, controls oil, and lightly exfoliates without ever missing a beat. If the name as you a little confused, the English version is Exfoliating Cleansing Foam Purity + Anti-Pollution.
Don’t let the sticker price fool you, this product does its job amazingly well and one tube will last you at least six months, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it lasted longer. It took me several tries to figure out just how little I needed–no more than a pea-size amount for face and neck. It foams up with little water and goes on thickly (but doesn’t feel heavy). All I know is I didn’t expect to fall in love with a Chanel cleanser, but I definitely did! This has quickly become a Temptalia household staple.
There are small exfoliating beads in this product, and I really do mean small. They’re small and sparse enough to make it incredibly mild in exfoliation, so you can easily use this product once or twice a day (AM/PM). It smells clean, that’s the only way I can describe it, and really does an excellent job at leaving my face clean.
It’s not the best at removing more lasting makeup like eyeliner and mascara and will leave a few traces behind, but I find most cleansers to do this (particularly since I don’t want to exfoliate my eyelids or anything!). Whenever I wear heavy eye or lip makeup, I use a separate makeup remover to handle those before I get into the facial cleansing anyway, so for me, it’s not a make or break point.
- Product: 9/10
- Value: 9/10
- Ease of Use: 8/10
- Packaging: 8/10
Recommendation: If you want a cleanser that feels luxurious AND delivers and still holds value… consider Chanel’s latest addition to the Precision skincare line-up.
Here’s an attempt at using MAC’s Photorealism eyeshadow quad The photos are a little wonky, because silly me forgot to change the white balance settings before taking these photos, SO I had to muck around with them (to get the right color) in Photoshop. I think they’re *fairly* accurate, but they just look so edited, so I do apologize! I do recommend substituting a different highlighter in this look, but my goal was to only use the quad’s eyeshadows. But definitely feel free to go with something more neutral and less shimmery for a better look
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), Silver Fog pigment (platinum silver), Image Maker eyeshadow (soft grey-green), Fresh Approach eyeshadow (pastel green), Grey Range eyeshadow (dark teal), Photorealism eyeshadow (soft gold), Make Up For Ever #20L Aqua Eyes (dark teal), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: The Perfect Cheek (pale pink), Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer (bronzy highlighter)
- Lips: Front Lit lipstick (sheer white-gold), New Spirit lipglass (peachy-orange), Lychee Luxe lipglass (coral)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Photorealism = Nylon; Image Maker = Electra; Fresh Approach = Juxt; Grey Range = Deep Truth+Shimmermoss; The Perfect Cheek = Dame; Front Lit = Tanarama; New Spirit = Love Nectar
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. With the 239, apply Silver Fog pigment with water-based mixing medium on the lower lid. On the inner lid, pack Fresh Approach eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply Image Maker eyeshadow to the middle and outer portions of the lid. Darken crease with Grey Range eyeshadow using the 226. Sweep Photorealism eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Make Up For Ever #20L Aqua Eyes on lower lash line9. Apply Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with The Perfect Cheek blush using the 129, then highlight with Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer with the 188. Apply Front Lit lipstick to lips, and then top with New Spirit and Lychee Luxe lipglasses for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Neiman Marcus The Beauty Event Begins!
The much anticipated, the Neiman Marcus Beauty Event has begun. It’s good now through September 21st online, and in-store from September 10th through the 20th. You’ll get a Neiman Marcus exclusive leopard-print tote with these five goodies inside with any cosmetics/fragrance purchase of $100 or more…
- Kate Somerville Deep Tissue Repair, 0.16 ounces
- ReVive Moisturizing Renewal Cream, 0.07 ounces
- CHANEL Cristalle Eau Verte Fragrance, 0.06 ounces
- Prada L’Eau Ambree Fragrance, 0.05 ounces
- Dior Beauty Invitation for a Deluxe Sample L’Or De Vie Creme
Additionally, you can use code NMBEAUTY to earn Neiman Marcus gift cards when you spend $500 or more.
The following brands are participating with gift with purchases when you purchase their products… Continue reading →
Temptalia Gives Away MAC Cool Reserve Nail Lacquer!
We’re giving away one (1) MAC Cool Reserve Nail Lacquer, from the limited edition MAC Nail Trend F/W ’09 Collection.
All entries must be submitted by September 9th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Re-Tweet to Win
This is a Twitter Giveaway, so it is extremely easy to enter–just two simple steps!
1. Follow us on Twitter
2. Re-tweet the following: “Entered to win MAC Cool Reserve Polish! Follow @temptalia & RT to enter! http://tinyurl.com/nt09cr #temptalia”
(And yes, we will still be having giveaways that are not 100% Twitter-based. Not to fear! )
Congrats to @blushingnoir!