- Favorite lip balm?
- Most moisturizing lipstick?
- Most moisturizing lipgloss?
5 Favorite Red Lipsticks
…at least at the moment! I find it so difficult to choose favorite reds, because there are so many that I enjoy. Chanel Dragon has been and still remains my favorite, as it suits me the best, but there are many other reds I wear, too.
Guerlain Rouge Automatique Launches
“The 21st-century Rouge Automatique is created for a mischievous and stylish woman. In one flick of a finger, she reveals the lipstick that will embellish her smile and make her glow with radiance.” — Olivier Échaudemaison, Guerlain Creative Director
While searching through the immense Guerlain archives, Olivier Échaudemaison found a small Art Deco wonder created in 1936 that captured his attention: the original “Rouge Automatique.” Though the legendary lipstick’s craftsmanship and hand finishes were commonplace at the time, the lipstick packaging was a revolution in itself with its single hand push to reveal luxurious color. Olivier now reinterprets Rouge Automatique for the 21st century – re-innovating the piece as the first lipstick without a cap and with an application technique requiring only a single hand.
With “Ne m’oubliez pas” (Forget me not) in 1870, Aimé Guerlain was the first to create the wax lipstick in a gold plated tube – inspired by a cylinder used to mold candles. The new Rouge Automatique builds on this heritage with a lipstick encased in a sleek, structural, gold chamber. Simple, clever and coveted. An elegant accessory steeped in history. And featuring an innovative new formula with a fine, sensual texture that glides over lips to melt on the mouth like second skin…
- Second-Skin Texture: Sensory oils + waxes with different fusion points gradually liquefy during application, depending on temperature of the lips. The result is a soft sensory film that becomes one with skin, offering impeccable coverage that is neither too oily nor too thick. A lipstick so comfortable that you’ll forget your wearing it.
- Boosted Colours: Cristal Pigment is a non-opaque pigment that makes it possible to obtain luminous, clear and pure colors. The result is unprecedented light and luminous beiges and pinks that feature tailor-made shine with made-to-measure sheerness.
- Long-Lasting Hold: Offering exceptional shine, stay-put and feather-proof color, the formula utilizes a complex of oil and resin that act in harmony to accentuate shine and hold. The oil is rich, not sticky, with high refraction power.
There are 25 shades with legendary names, alluding to the Guerlain spirit and creations. Each shade retails for $35.
- 100 Apres l’Ondee
- 101 Voilette de Madame
- 102 Ne M’Oubliez Pas
- 103 Chant d’Aromes
- 104 Jicky
- 105 Vol de Nuit
- 120 Coque d’Or
- 121 Rouge d’Enfer122 Liu
- 123 Habit Rouge
- 124 Samsara
- 125 Vega
- 140 Mitsouko
- 141 Quand Vient l’Ete
- 142 Fleur de Feu
- 143 Nahema
- 160 Bal de Mai
- 161 Cherry Blossom
- 162 Bloom of Rose
- 163 Rose Bengale
- 164 Chamade
- 165 Champs-Elysees
- 166 Shalimar
- 167 Guet-Apens
- 168 L’Heure Bleue
availability: April 2011 at select locations of Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and at Bergdorf Goodman
See more photos!
5 Eyeshadow Looks for Red Lips
Last week, a reader asked for suggestions for eye makeup to pair with red lips, as they are so bold. Though you can certainly wear a bold lip with bold eye makeup, softer eye makeup tends to be easier — these looks reflect five softer looks that work well with red lips.
I don’t think I’ve ever replaced one! I’ve only repurchased a brush so I could have multiples of a certain type of brush. It would be time if a brush seemed to apply product differently than before – perhaps density lessened (as bristles fell out), loss in shape, or a loose ferrule.
Do you have a question idea? Submit yours here.
China Glaze Island Escape Collection for Summer 2011
Take an exotic island escape with China Glaze this summer with a tropical, shimmering rainbow of brilliant bright colors! Mix and match these hot hues to add a candy-like pop to that summer manicure and pedicure. Colors in the collection include:
- Papaya Punch Crème based vivid orange.
- 108 Degrees Flirtatious berry pink with specks of micro glitter.
- Senorita Bonita Passionate purple shimmer with pink micro glitter.
- Blue Iguana Bold and daring sparkly blue.
- Cha Cha Cha Vivacious shimmer green.
- Electric Pineapple High intensity crème based lime green.
The China Glaze Island Escape collection will be available as open stock colors, 6 piece box collection, 6 piece counter display, 12 piece counter display and 36 piece rack. Approximately April 2011.