Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
HauteLook is having a Rock & Republic sale!
The sale is going on now at HauteLook! Most items are 40% off, a few 41-43% off. Surprisingly, it looks like nearly half, if not more, of the Rock & Republic line are on the site. (Usually you just get a smattering of items.) I like R&R’s products (from the few I’ve tried), and at this price, they’re definitely worth picking up. I know I’m gonna snatch up some lipglosses, blushes, and shadows myself! Will update once I decide since there are SO many items to choose from!
Edit: I picked a TON (and I mean a TON) of eyeshadows and a few lipglosses. I figured the eyeshadows will last longer, so better to cave on those than lipgloss! I went a lil’ overboard, but it was too hard to resist!
(The link above is an invite-link, which is a referral link. HauteLook has opened up membership, so you are free to sign up on your own, if you wish! )
Bright Enough for Fall: Dolce & Gabbana Dazzling Smooth Eye Colour Quad
Dolce & Gabbana Dazzling Smooth Eye Colour Quad ($59.00) is a stunning combination of a snowy white with a pink-purple icy tinge, a shimmering ocean blue, spring-y yellow-y chartreuse, and a medium warm-toned pink.
As promoted with Dolce & Gabbana’s Romantic Collection for the fall season, the Dazzling quad is just an immediate attention-grabber. I must admit I was instantly in love with it from the moment my eyes saw the promo image, but I had my reservations–just how bright would D&G actually go? Would it end up being sheer, muted shades?
I’m very happy to report that there’s no muted tones here! I will say that the promo image is a bit color-enhanced, because the shades aren’t quite so vibrant, but they’re still bright and bold and fun. They aren’t, by any means, tame or muted. And even better? They’re not sheer imitations of color either. All four shades apply easily without needing to build up intensity with multiple layers. The icy-pink/white has more of a glittery shimmer and look, while the other three are softer and smoother and have a softer sheen. I found all four colors to apply extremely true-to-color, which is a huge positive in my book!
I’m not entirely sure why this quad is being repromoted with the fall launch, just because it screams *summer* to me, but I can go with it, since I probably would have missed it otherwise! 😉 I think this is a solid color combination of shades that work well together but can also be used easily with other shades you may have at home. For some, the price of D&G is just out of the world, but let me bring it back to earth–just a bit, at least–because the pricing of the palette is in line with other high-end brands like Chanel ($56), Dior ($56), and Guerlain ($58).
- Product: 9/10
- Value: 7/10
- Ease of Use: 8/10
- Packaging: 8/10
Recommendation: Been a bit color shy and would love something already put together for you that’s bright without being over the top? Try Dazzling! If you love color and want to indulge, I think you’ll find this to your liking!
Availability: Saks Fifth Avenue, Dolce & Gabbana
See more photos and swatches… Continue reading →
MAC DSquared² Collection
U.S. Launch Date: October 12th, 2009
International Launch Date: November 2009
Every season the fashion crowd is up and on the run, crazy for the fierce and sexy fun we’ve come to expect from designers Dan and Dean Caten, the Canadian twins who know how to pack a punch and throw a party! With their haute hi-jinx and body-beautiful clothes for boys and girls, a collaboration with MAC simply could NOT be avoided! “DSquared2 and MAC are on the same trip!” says Dan. This collection brings us to the Ziegfield Follies by way of Grey Gardens, a bit disheveled, a little Girl Interrupted, both dramatically hip and dangerously sexy.
It starts with a strong, sooty, blackest-ever wild-child eye…a new Greasepaint Stick also in blue and violet versions, and Pro Gloss to create it. Neutral and perfected skin will get more drama with highlighting and low lighting from Sculpt and Shape Powders and the 165 Tapered Cheek/Highlight Brush all the better to achieve it. And finally, the totally nude Pro Lip Erase does its stuff, followed by a light Lipstick and Lip Conditioner to put the lilt and lift back in…. But the cynosure of this season’s scintillating collaboration is the daring, dramatic slightly demented DSquared2 eye. Have fun with it!
Lipsticks ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Nude Rose Light neutral pink (Lustre) (Limited Edition)
- Blood Red Clean deep berry (Lustre) (Limited Edition)
Lip Erase ($16.00 U.S. / $19.00 CDN)
- Dim NC37 Fleshtone (Permanent at PRO)
Tinted Lip Conditioner ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
- Fuschia Fix Deep pink sheen (Permanent)
Grease Paint Sticks ($17.50 U.S. / $21.00 CDN)
- Black True black (Limited Edition)
- B Bright blue violet (Limited Edition)
- V Bright yellow blue (Limited Edition)
See more details… Continue reading →
Benefit is the Girly Cure to Your Makeup & Skin Woes
Have you ever tried the ever-feminine Benefit Cosmetics line? Really? Never, you say? Let us fill you in on some of the best products they have to offer. But between you and me, we definitely suggest starting out with their amazing Velvet Eyeshadows, followed by their Creaseless Eyeshadows.
Hint: Click the links for reviews (if there’s no link, we haven’t reviewed it explicitly on the blog yet).
- Creaseless Cream Eyeshadows ($19.00) come in twelve shades, and they often put out limited edition ones as part of their seasonal collections. These are easy to wear, last all day, and can be worn alone or under other eyeshadows as a base.
- CORALista Blush ($28.00) is a value-sized coral blusher that’s absolutely divine on warmer skin tones, but it isn’t so warm or so coral that it doesn’t work on cooler or paler skin tones, too. (I love how many of Benefit’s products work for a variety of skin tones.) This is a summer staple for me.
- Gilded Eyeliner ($20.00) is a quick and dirty way to pop open those peepers and make those eyes look alive, even when you’re operating on little to no sleep. A pearly, golden-yellow works well on the lower water line and inner tear duct to brighten up your eyes.
- Full-Finish Lipsticks ($18.00) came back with a vengeance last fall (in 2008) and is available in fourteen shades. These lipsticks are creamy, pigmented, and moisturizing while giving you great wear. One of my favorite lipstick formulas!
- One Hot Minute ($30.00) is an all-over loose powder that makes your entire face look brighter and more awake with just a light dusting. It gives a soft, luminous sheen that’s not disco-ball glittery.
- Benetint ($28.00) is just one of those cult products that you either adore or you don’t understand the buzz. It’s a great multi-tasking product that you can keep in your makeup bag for any spontaneous occasion. You can use it to add color to cheeks or lips, and one little bottle goes quite a long way. It’s soft and natural–the two must-haves of any cheek/lip stain.
- Velvet Eyeshadow ($18.00) is easily one of the best eyeshadow formulations on the market. Velvety, silky, and smooth describe the finish of these lovelies. Pigmented and true-to-color bring it all home. The only downside? There are only ten shades! I adore, ADORE Bikini Line.
Availability: BenefitCosmetics.com, Sephora.com
What are your thoughts on MAC’s Makeup Art Cosmetics Collection? Are you (or did you already!) going to buy anything? What? If not, what turned you off?
Of course I’m going to buy! I gotta review it, yeah? At least, that’s the justification I use!
MAC Style Black Collection
U.S. Launch Date: September 24th, 2009
International Launch Date: October 2009
From “Back to Black” beehive and eyeliner to Steven “80s” Sprouse-in-the-House kohl and fringe to Gareth Pugh London New Goth, Black is simply beyond. Lips, nails, eyes there’s no more dramatic way to declare your desire, separate your sensibility, celebrate your magnetism. They WILL surrender to a Blackfire Glimmerglass, Rapidblack Penultimate Eyeliner, a slash of Greasepaint Stick, and the hot scratch of Baby Goth Girl Nail Lacquer. Style Black is a way of life, a shadowy and mysterious figure of fantasy, even for just one dark and dangerous night.
Lipstick ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Black Knight Creamy true black (Cremesheen) (Limited Edition)
Mattene ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
- Midnight Media Dense matte black (Limited Edition)
- Night Violet Deep purple grape (Repromote) (Limited Edition)
Glimmerglass ($18.00 U.S. / $21.50 CDN)
- Bling Black Sheer black with gold pearl (Limited Edition)
- Blackfire Sheer black with pink purple pearl (Limited Edition)
- Blackware Creamy true black (Limited Edition)
Mineralize Eye Shadows ($19.00 U.S. / $23.50 CDN)
- Cinderfella Black with silver pearl (Limited Edition)
- Young Punk Black with pink purple pearl (Limited Edition)
- Gilt by Association Black with gold bronze pearl (Limited Edition)
- Blue Flame Black with blue pearl (Limited Edition)
See more photos/info… Continue reading →