Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Aveda @ John Patrick Organic
At John Patrick Organic, Odile Gilbert, for Aveda, was the lead hair, while the Aveda leads were Dennis Clendennen.
The hair look for John Patrick Organic is a modern, playful take on Bohemian-chic. Hair is smooth and shiny on top with soft, free-flowing curls below the cheekbone and volume at the front—pulled back into a barrette, adding a girly touch.
Get the Look
- Step 1: Prep hair with Aveda Phomollient™ Styling Foam to add body, volume, and shine.
- Step 2: Brush hair through and create a deep side part.
- Step 3: Divide hair into three sections: bottom, sides/top and middle, and secure in place with hair clips. Spray each section generously with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray for shine and hold.
- Step 4: Starting with the nape of the neck, curl small sections of hair using a 1 inch barrel curling iron. Once curled, roll each piece into a loop using your index finger, and hold in place with a single-pronged hair clip. Continue curling hair, working around the sides toward the top of the head, leaving a one inch piece of hair untouched. Spray each curl with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray for added hold.
- Step 5: Curl the one inch piece of hair forward and secure with a single-pronged hair clip to allow the hair to cool.
- Step 6: With the exception of the front curl, remove all hair clips and brush curls through to create soft, full waves.
- Step 7: Rub Aveda Light Elements™ Shaping Wax between palms and smooth over the top of hair to reduce flyaways and add shine. Hair is now smooth from crown to cheekbones becoming full, loose curls.
- Step 8: Remove clip from top curl and twist slightly to create volume and lift in front. Secure hair in place with two small hair pins, and then pull back with a larger barrette that matches hair color. Spray Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray directly on the lifted section of hair to add volume and hold.
- Step 9: Finish the look with a final misting of Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray.
Aveda Products Used
- Aveda Phomollient™ Styling Foam
- Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray
- Aveda Light Elements™ Shaping Wax
See more backstage action plus more photos… Continue reading →
This is an advertorial written by Glam Beauty Experts and sponsored by Mars FLING™.
Sample Sales Going on Today…
Basq is on sale at HauteLook! (Starts 8AM PST)
The link above is an invite-link, which is a referral link. HauteLook has opened up membership, so you are free to sign up on your own, if you wish!
The Best of the Best, Volume #003
How are you doing this Friday morning? I hope you’ve all had a good week! The weekend’s just around the bend, and I’m excited to get a few days to relax–even it’s only a lil’ bit! I think I just might spend it reading some books I’ve been putting off. How are you spending your weekend?
This Week’s 5 Most Popular Posts
This Week’s 5 Most Discussed Posts
- Ask Temptalia Session #016 is, I suppose, kind of a no brainer, since it practically begs you to leave comments 😛 As always, even if you come in late, I do answer any and all questions I get (that goes for *all* posts, actually), but I may not be as timely as when I run the session.
- Best Red Lipstick as given by you! Lots of great shades mentioned…
- Stila All Doll’d Up Eyeshadow Palette Review was not only a popular most, but it was one that inspired quite a bit of commentary!
- How do you groom your brows? – we asked, you answered!
- All About Makeup Remover Wipes was a rant & rave session where many of you told us your favorite (and least favorite) brands of makeup remover wipes, but also what you loved/hates about the product itself.
What are your holy grail/go-to body products? Moisturizers, scrubs, whatever!
LOVE Philosophy Shower Gels. They smell so delish! I also alternate between a lot of sugar-based scrubs – love Carol’s Daughter!
Close to Real, High Def, Resolutely Red Lipsticks
Review: MAC Cosmetics In High Def Collection
Just launched, MAC’s In High Def Collection (see full collection details here) contains several hand-picked products from the existing line as well as some new products that are designed to work well in the high definition environment. There are four new shades of lipstick: Close to Real, High Def, Resolutely Red, and Sharp Focus. The rest of the collection is permanent, existing products (Face & Body Foundation and Mineralize Skinfinish Natural).
Lipstick ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Close to Real is a pale, frosty peach. Despite having a lustre finish, it doesn’t feel like one to me. It feels much more like a frost lipstick, and it definitely looks like it on the lips. I found this one to seem to grab onto every imperfection on your lips–even after I had exfoliated–it just didn’t look very flattering. The color is really pale, so I’d vote on using this more as a layering shade than standalone.
- High Def is a creamy, opaque pinky-coral color. It has a slight sheen, but it doesn’t contain any shimmer. On my lips, it doesn’t read very much coral (unfortunately, as MAC lacks corals!), but it’s still pretty. It looks more like my-lips-but-better with a bit more pinky-brown.
- Resolutely Red is a mostly opaque, lightly creamy shade of reddish-wine. It’s not super bold or bright, so it’s more of a wearable red. It’s not too cool or warm, either, which I definitely like. It has a glossy look to it when applied.
- Sharp Focus is semi-opaque muted, browned-down red with almost a bit of plum undertone. It’s almost like a vampy lip color, yet not really. If you’ve wanted to go for a darker lip, but have found vampy shades too dark too fast for you, this might be one way to start.
Face & Body Foundation
Face & Body Foundation is a water-based sheer to light-medium coverage liquid foundation. MAC says that it is water-resistant, and I’d agree that it holds up pretty well under water, though I’ve never say, showered, in it either. (I’m now curious, so I may try it!) It has a slightly dewy finish, which may be too much for those with really oily skin. It’s a solid foundation, and I actually used this as my go-to for maybe six months or so a year or two ago. I liked it a lot during summer, because it was very lightweight and held up under the summer heat.
Mineralize Skinfinish Natural
This is a baked mineral-based powder that has a near matte finish (there is just a slight, slight bit of luminous-ness to it) — MAC calls the finish “natural-matte.” I personally can’t wear MSFN due to the fact that it breaks me out, but I know it is an often raved about products for others. I wish I could say I experienced the same amazingness (despite breakouts), but it just didn’t wow me. It’s a great setting powder, and it can be used as a very light, sheer foundation (I recommend the 189 brush for foundation application). Many like it because it gives their face a sheer, even look. I’m sure plenty of you have tried this, so please do share your thoughts for others who haven’t!
You can view reviews for: 187 Brush and 188 Brush, as well. (Both brushes are permanent.)
Recommendation: This collection left me unexcited, to be honest. The lipsticks were so-so, but I didn’t feel like there weren’t already as good, if not better, options available in the permanent line. I have no problem with MAC pointing out, “Hey! We have products that look great for HD work already!” I’ve always liked Face & Body, so I do recommend that if you haven’t checked it out. But overall, it’s just not a very exciting collection, yeah? Bring on Fall Trend!
Availability: MAC Cosmetics
See swatches… Continue reading →