Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion ($23.00)
Clinically formulated to give every skin the ‘drink’ it needs. Use after cleansing and exfoliating, wherever skin feels dry. The moisture “drink” developed by Clinique’s dermatologists to maintain optimal moisture balance for very dry skins, or skins dry in the cheeks, comfortable to oily in the T-zone. Softens, smooths, improves. Apply twice a day to face and throat all over, or where needed. For best results use after Facial Soap and Clarifying Lotion.
What makes it worth it: It’s one of the few high-end beauty brands that has put a moisturizer in pump form, which means it’s easier to extract the amount you want (no pouring required), plus you don’t have to dip your fingers in it (less contamination and chance of bacteria setting up shop in your favorite pot o’ cream). It’s a great lightweight moisturizer that feels hydrating on your face and gets absorbed rather quickly. I also liked that a little went a long way–one or two pumps is all you need to cover the entire face.
Why you might pass on it: The only real issue I have with this product is the lack of SPF. It means I have to use a separate product to ensure sun protection for my face, which is time I don’t necessary want to spend. On the other hand, if you happen to be attending an occasion where you’ll be photographed often, having something without SPF is essential.
Find this product at Clinique counters, boutiques, as well as www.clinique.com and www.nordstrom.com.
Hey, fathers can indulge themselves in a spa treatment–well, maybe not a spa treatment–but in some beautification for themselves, too. Unless your dad is like mine (hates beauty products, can’t stand any perfume-y scent, etc.), you can easily find an appropriate product or two to supplement that fancy gadget you already got for him.
Now, you can find the best gifts to give! Continue reading →
As we near the end of the year, we want to see what were the best products of 2007, and who better than to tell us than our very own readers? Take our survey and give your favorite products some love! We encourage all of our readers to help us come up with a truly representative list of products loved by Temptalia readers.
TEMPTALIA’S READERS’ CHOICE AWARDS 2007, VOTE NOW!
- If you don’t have an answer, feel free to state that, “I hated all the mascaras I tried this year!”
- Please only give one answer per question. If you can’t pick between your two favorites, how can you expect us to?
- Question confusing? Don’t be afraid to ask for clarification, or just answer to the best of your knowledge. This isn’t a test, you aren’t being graded!
- One survey per person (duplicates will be deleted).
- These are your answers–this means put what you feel is the best/worst, whether it is a drugstore or high-end brand.
What better way than increase participation by offering prizes? We’ll be doing random giveaways to those who fill out a survey! How will I know it’s you? Answer the last question (#20), and at the end of your answer, put: “PICK ME! [insert your email address].” You must do this to be entered–no exceptions this time around!
TEMPTALIA’S READERS’ CHOICE AWARDS 2007, VOTE NOW!
I appreciate everyone who enters! Thank you so much for your participation, in advance!
Catch up on your Temptalia reading with a nice cup of hot chocolate (or tea or coffee or what have you!)…
Plus, don’t forget to read the best of the beauty blogosphere! Continue reading →
What’s on your holiday list? What are you really jonesing for this holiday season?
I have no idea as to what I’m going to put on my list, so I’m hoping your answers will give me some idea
CLINIQUE HIGH IMPACT MASCARA
Kicks up the volume and length of each and every lash for a look that’s lusher, plusher, bolder. Pure, deep color. Wear it once and you’ll feel naked without it.
- Applicator: Medium-sized brush with high density in bristles, seems very thick.
- Clumping: In order to reduce chances of clumping, it is vital that you wait a bit in between each coat application.
- Curl: It naturally curled just a touch, but it held a curl quite well.
- Ease: With its medium-sized brush, application was a breeze. I liked being able to get to my inner lashes and lower lashes without leaving mascara marks all over my under eye area.
- Length: Oh, length it gave. I love a mascara that gives phenomenal length, thickness, and volume–which is asking a lot–but this definitely delivers on length.
- Thickening: My lashes were noticeably thicker, but they could go up a couple more notches on this, but I was satisfied with the results.
- Volume: High Impact is considered Clinique’s volumizing mascara, and I say it does a decent job of adding volume to sparse lashes. What I liked is that it gave volume and length to my stubby lashes amongst my decent natural lashes to bring them altogether for a lovely full lash.
- Best: I liked that I didn’t have clumping problems, even without waiting too long between coats. I loved the richness of the black color, as well as the length I achieved. This mascara is definitely worth the price ($14), which I find reasonably for a high-end brand.
- Worst: There’s nothing I disliked about this mascara, honestly. It’s great for the price, and it delivers fairly well on most accounts. I mentioned I could use more thickening power but that’s purely a personal preference.