Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
MAC Cosmetics’ Dame Edna Collection is now available to order online! For those of you who have as little desire as me to get thee to the mall on the 26th (seriously, are you nuts?), order ahead If you qualify for free shipping, you can upgrade to 2-day for $5 or so (not a bad deal!)–you’ll probably end up getting it the 26th, too! I already placed an order with Los Angeles PRO, and I’m really, really hoping my order arrives today. C’mon UPS!
SO, what are you getting? What are you absolutely NOT getting? Skipping, getting it all? Share your thoughts and comments on this launch in this post!
P.S. – Anyone lusting after Lash & Dash? Share those thoughts here, too!
Happy Tuesday everyone! Hopefully those of you who celebrate the holidays have finished your shopping, but if you haven’t–much luck and patience wished your way for all your last minute shopping. I’m totally going to Safeway to pick up gift cards for the several people who failed to give me wish lists!
I did this look two days ago, and I really liked how it came out! But it’s hard for me to resist blues and making them smoky and dark.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Bell Bottom Blue pigment (navy blue base), Vellum eyeshadow (duochrome white), Arctic Grey eyeshadow (light silver), Mont Black eyeshadow (black), Penultimate Liner (black), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Enough Said blush (soft peach)
- Lips: Up Note lipstick (beige nude), Naked Frost lipglass (taupe)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Bell Bottom Blue = Navy Blue; Arctic Grey = Electra; Mont Black = Black Tied; Enough Said = Bronzer; Up Note = Cherish; Naked Frost = Mad Cap
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Bell Bottom Blue pigment all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, apply Vellum eyeshadow using the 239. Apply Arctic Grey eyeshadow to the middle of the lid. Darken the outer lid using Mont Black packed on and drag into crease using the 239. Darken crease with Mont Black eyeshadow using the 239. Sweep Vellum underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Penultimate Liner on upper lash line, Vellum eyeshadow on lower lash line (use the 219), and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Enough Said blush using the 129. Apply Up Note lipstick to lips, and then top with Naked Frost lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Prescriptives In Bloom Collection for Spring 2009
This spring, bloom into a bouquet of floral inspired shades with Prescriptives Spring 2009 Color Collection. In Bloom is a fresh collection of vivid and whimsical tones in a playful palette of sunflowers, marigolds, petunias and lilies. Eyes are soft in delicate neutrals with hints of bold orchid or lavender. Cheeks blush with a fresh pop of color in petal or peach tones. Lips are touched in sheer, glossy shades of zinnia, posy, tulip and tuberose. Keep your spring look In Bloom with Prescriptives.
In Bloom Eye Color Duo (LE) ($26.00)
In Bloom Cheek Color Duo (LE) ($28.00)
LipShine (LE) ($17.50)
- Zinnia (Y/O)
- Posy (R/O)
- Tulip (R)
- Tuberose (B/R)
Availability: February 2009 at Prescriptives counter snationwide, exclusivley at Holt Renfrew in Canada, and www.prescriptives.com.
PRESCRIPTIVES TO LAUNCH FLAWLESS FACE PRIMER
Flawless Face Primer gives your skin a smoother, more even texture so makeup looks absolutely flawless and stays on even longer. This weightless formula reduces the look of fine lines and wrinkles, while helping erase the appearance of redness and discoloration. Skin is soothed immediately, looking clear, less lined, super-smooth.
Prescriptives’ new Flawless Face Primer ($27.50) is designed to prolong the wearing time of your foundation while minimizing the appearance of pores and evening out skin tone. It’s an oil-free, non-acnegenic, dermatologist and ophthalmologist-tested product (whew! that’s a mouthful). It uses a silicone elastomer emulsion as the technology behind the results, as well as cross polymers (soft-focus effect, reduces the appearance of lines/wrinkles), thea sinesis extract/sucrose calm to reduce redness, and vitamin C/poria cocos to improve skin clarity.
Availability: January 2009 at all Prescriptives counters nationwide, www.prescriptives.com and Holt Renfrew in Canada.
What feature or “look” do you really covet? For example, flawless skin, pale skin, dimples, etc.
Thanks to Tanya for the question!
The Lady Dior Color Collection for Spring 2009 evokes the classic glamour of a Lady Dior handbag: a chic, luxurious must-have with universal appeal. Featuring flattering shades of creamy beige, rosy pink and effortless taupe, the products of the Lady Dior Collection were inspired by the stylish, understated Parisian woman.
Lady Dior ($95.00)
This radiant couture palette for face, cheeks and lips provides easy touch-ups on-the-go. Housed in a delightful handbag-shaped design with “Cannage” stitching and Dior logo letters, the palette features a complexion highlighter and a creamy tint for both cheeks and lips. Available in Parisienne Chic (Sephora Exclusive) French Chic (Dior Beauty Counters Nationwide).
See our original sneak peek post featuring TONS of product photos!
- 5-Colour Iridescent Eyeshadow in Parisian Lights #559 ($56.00)
- 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Elegante #553 ($56.00)
- 2-Colour Eyeshadow in Nude Look #365 (Not in Sephora) ($35.00)
- Crayon Eyeliner in Elegant Taupe #063 ($26.00)
- Rouge Dior Lipstick in Rita Beige #298 ($28.00)
- Rouge Dior Lipstick in Actress Chestnut #632 ($28.00)
- Dior Addict High-Shine Lipstick in New Look Beige #220 ($26.00)
- Dior Addict High-Shine Lipstick in Couture Pink #260 ($26.00)
- Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Reflect in Trenchcoat Beige #137 ($25.50)
- Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Reflect in Ribbon Beige #447($25.50)
- Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Reflect in Clutch Pink #517($25.50)
- Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Reflect in Satin Pink #657($25.50)
- Dior Vernis in Porcelain #189 (Non-Sephora doors) ($20.00)
- Dior Vernis in Nude Chic #219 (Sephora only) ($20.00)
Availability: February 2009, Dior Beauty Counters Nationwide (except where specified).
A few more photos… Continue reading →