Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Too Faced Naturally Naughty Collection for Fall 2009
Natural Eye Neutral Eye Shadow Collection ($34.00)
- Heaven (matte ivory), Velvet Revolver (matte taupe), Sexspresso (matte deep brown), Silk Teddy (peach champagne shimmer), Push-Up (light bronze shimmer), Erotica (soft charcoal shimmer), Nude Beach (champagne shimmer with gold glitter), Honey Pot (gold shimmer), Cocoa Puff (warm chocolate brown shimmer)
Lip of Luxury ($18.00)
- Pink Velvet
- Shimmering Bordeaux
Metal Eyed Liquid Shimmer Eyeliner ($17.50)
Metal Eyed Liquid Shimmer Eyeliner is formulated to deliver the dramatic definition of liquid metal with one easy swipe. This unique water-based formula has intense color payoff and light-reflective properties that create a maximum shimmer and make eyes pop. The precise micro-brush ensures the perfect amount of product is dispersed for a clean, professional-looking application.
- Blackout Glimmering black
- Brown Sugar Glimmering bronze
- Dirt Bag Glimmering deep brown
- Hand Cuffs Glimmering silver
- Get Lucky Glimmering forest green
- Plum Crazy Glimmering vibrant purple
- Shotgun Glimmering gunmetal
- Twilight Glimmering navy blue
Absolutely Invisible Candlelight Powder ($25.00)
Inspired by actual candlelight, this product is formulated to set makeup while imparting a soft-focused glow. For all its immediate, “glowing” results, it’s also packed with a powerful dose of skin-saving antioxidants that protect and soothe tired skin as the golden-peachy tone warms and illuminates any complexion—reducing the appearance of fine lines and imperfections.
Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer ($30.00)
This one-of a-kind makeup primer was scientifically formulated to wear alone or under bronzers and foundation powders for a look of flawless skin without makeup. Vitamins A & C, Mulberry extract, and a powerful dose of Retinol virtually banish pores while tired skin is left hydrated, firmer, and detoxified. Primed & Poreless creates the perfect canvas to allow powders, bronzers, and foundations to slide seamlessly on the skin—delivering a flawless and perfectly blended look that stay in place all day. Skin appears brighter, fresher, and younger.
Availability: Now available at Sephora.com.
See more photos… Continue reading →
Kitten Smudge Pot
Stila’s Fall Collection also included the launch of Kitten Smudge Pot, Black Cat Smudge Pot, and Kitten Lip Glaze. I have to tell you that I am absolutely in love with Black Cat. The swatches don’t even do it justice, just because the way the shimmer/glitter catches the light is stunning. These new products will be available September 2009, but you might see them pop up on stilacosmetics.com earlier (perhaps late August).
- Kitten Smudge Pot is a beige-y champagne shade. It’s definitely neutral, and it’s wearable alone or as a neutral base. It’s fairly frosty, though, so if you’re more of a matte finish person, this probably wouldn’t appeal to you. I like it as a one-swipe-and-you’re-done kind of color. It’s also nice on the lower water line.
- Black Cat Smudge Pot is a fairly opaque black-base smudge pot with golden glitter/shimmer laced through the color. It’s really glitzy and reminds me of Hollywood glamour. This is awesome as a liner, but it also makes an awesome base for that totally dark, black smoky eye.
- Kitten Lip Glaze is a sheer gloss with a peachy base and peachy-gold shimmer. It’s pretty, extremely wearable, and has a little stickiness to it. Compared to the Lip Enamel Luxe, it didn’t excite me so much. For those who love sheer, shimmering glosses with a neutral kick, this is definitely up your alley.
See product photos and swatches… Continue reading →
Stila’s Lip Enamel Luxe Gloss ($22.00 each) is new for fall, and they are simply amazing. Six shades of patent-leather, ultra-glossy opaque lipgloss? I’m so there. I’ve only tried three of the six, and they’re all stunning. The gloss is fairly thick, but I didn’t experience any tackiness really–these feel like lip lacquers or liquid lipstick more or less. These glosses will be available September 2009, but you might see them pop up on stilacosmetics.com earlier if you keep your fingers crossed.
- Joy is a deep red-burgundy, but it’s actually subdued a bit. It’s not a scarlet red, but it’s still noticeably red. This one had the best finish, pay off, and overall look from the three I tried. It was thick, luxe, and covered in one coat.
- Giggle is a hot fuchsia pink. There is *no* room for shyness with this one. You wear it and ROCK IT! I don’t know if I’ve ever come across a brighter pink lipgloss in my life. Extremely pigmented, bright as can be, and super glossy.
- Happiness is a softer, more medium pink. This one felt the sheerest of the three I tried, though it was still mostly opaque, giving my lips a good dose of color.
See swatches and lip swatches… Continue reading →
HauteLook is having a KORRES sale!
The sale is going on now at HauteLook! I’m deeply, deeply excited to try more Korres’ products. I loved their silicon-free primer, and I found holy-grail material in their tinted moisturizer. As soon as I saw Korres was going up on HauteLook, I started saving, ha!
I ended up picking up pretty much all of those travel/mini sets. (Hey, what better way to try a *ton* of products without spending a bunch of money?!) I also picked up a body butter, body milk, the hair scrub, Thyme Honey mask, and the Olive & Rye cream. Yeah, I went a little nuts. I’m a beauty addict–I admit it! That’s the first step
I want to hear about any hauls you make, too!
(The link above is an invite-link, which is a referral link. HauteLook has opened up membership, so you are free to sign up on your own, if you wish! )
Just a quick look I put together the other night!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre paint pot (nude base), MAC Melon pigment (peachy-pink), Make Up For Ever #5 Eyeshadow (matte orange), Make Up For Ever #75 Eyeshadow (matte hot pink), Make Up For Ever #92 Eyeshadow (matte purple), Make Up For Ever #159 Eyeshadow (matte blue), MAC Nylon eyeshadow (yellow-gold highlighter), Urban Decay Ransom 24/7 Liner (purple), Urban Decay Lash Primer, Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Mascara
- Cheeks: MAC Petalpoint blush (plummy-pink)
- Lips: Urban Decay Naked lipstick (pinky-beige), MAC Crystal Rose lipglass (fuchsia-purple)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush), 165 (highlighting brush)
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply MAC Soft ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. Apply MAC Melon pigment just on lower lid with the 249. On the inner lid, pack #5 eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply #75 eyeshadow to the middle portion of the lid. On the outer lid and crease, apply #92 eyeshadow with the 226. Darken crease with #159 eyeshadow using the 219, and then blend out with the 226. Sweep MAC Nylon eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight with the 217. Apply Urban Decay Ransom 24/7 Liner on lower lash line. Smudge lower lash line with #151 eyeshadow with the 214 brush, pressing into lower lashes. Apply Aqua Smoky Lash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with MAC Petalpoint Blush using the 129. Apply Urban Decay Naked lipstick to lips, and then top with MAC Crystal Rose lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
La Prairie’s Plumage de Nuit Collection is a sophisticated fall launch that contains two eyeshadow quads, three lipsticks, two lipglosses, two blushes, and a face powder. This is my first experience with La Prairie, as their makeup line is not currently carried my Nordstrom.
The two products I tried were Les Doves Cellular Treatment Eye Colour Ensembles ($70.00) and Maribou Glace Cellular Lip Colour Effects ($40.00). La Prairie is a luxe brand, and with that, luxe prices–it is not designed to be affordable for everyone. Every product from skincare to lipstick to eyeshadow contains their “Swiss treatment benefits,” which have a lot to do with anti-aging and skin health.
Les Doves contains four subdued shades of eyeshadow: a soft, silky champagne-gold; lightly shimmered plummy mauve; a dark chocolate brown with subtle gold shimmer; and a muted grayed teal with silver sheen. Each shadow is very, very smooth–like velvet–and goes on just as the color you see in the pan. All four colors are wearable and seem fitting for the fall season. Even though the colors might not seem like a perfect fit at first, I can see at least four color combinations jump out at me. Though I rarely use an eyeshadow palette/quad exclusively, I like having that option, so I like one that makes “sense.” These eyeshadows have particularly good staying power and wear even without a base–they didn’t fade or crease on me when I gave them a test run over six hours.
Maribou Glace is a sheer, shimmering medium pink gloss. The shimmer is lightly multicolored, and the gloss goes on fairly sheer when applied to lips. It has a nice glossy appearance, though it doesn’t have ultra-shine either. The gloss itself is fairly thick and a just a smidgen tacky, which does improve the wear time (six hours without drinking/eating). The gloss itself is beautiful on if you love sheer and shimmering. It definitely gave my lips that dazzling, shimmering water effect!
La Prairie is available at shoplaprairie.com and Nordstrom.com.
See more photos and swatches… Continue reading →