Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Today, let’s celebrate both the passing of 2008 and beginning of 2009 by reminiscing about some of the most popular, favorite, and just plain ol’ fun posts from Temptalia over the past year.
10 Most Popular Posts of 2008
1. Eye Diagram, Parts of the Eye was the most popular post from this past year. It describes the different parts of the eye (like the crease, inner lid, etc.) with a photo diagram.
2. Tutorial for a Super Black & Gold Smoky Eye is an ultra dramatic smoky eye, perfect for your New Year’s Eve celebrations!
3. Need help getting out of a beauty rut? Temptalia readers offer their tips and advice on how to break free of that rut and get back into the groove of all things beauty!
4. Tutorial for a Blue & Green Eye that isn’t all that dramatic nor overly smoky–but it is jam-packed with color! It features Gorgeous Gold on the inner lid, with softer blues and darker navies on the outer lid.
5. MAC Hello Kitty Photos was a huge hit, whether you loved it or hated it. It is most definitely a much anticipated collection for 2009!
6. Tutorial for a Ultra Smoky Green-Black Eye teaches you how to achieve a kicked up green and gold smoky eye with just a smidge of black-gold to accent the color.
7. Tutorial for an Easy Work-Safe Eye was designed as a neutral look for Valentine’s Day, but it is also perfect for low-key events or even office-appropriate situations! Kick it up with a bright red lip!
8. First Video Tutorial featuring a smoky silver-blue eye. Pretty self-explanatory!
9. Tutorial for an Orange & Pink Eye is a neutral eye with a lot of pop and sizzle with Molten Sol liquidlast liner to brighten up the eye.
10. MAC Cosmetics: Guide For the Newly Addicted is a series of articles written to introduce you to the brand, from recommendations to advice!
When was the last time you shopped your stash? When did you rediscover a product you used to love or a product you only used once or twice?
I thought I better do a Royal Tour trio look before I returned it! I’m spending the day with my sister, and I’m pretty sure we’ll be heading to the mall at some point in the afternoon, so I’d like to return some Dame Edna stuff–I just really was disappointed by some items I bought. We’re going to see Marley & Me, so I only wore this look briefly, because I just know I’ll be crying like a baby at least once during the movie–no need to have violet streaming down my face, LOL.
Oh! Oh! I would like to say that the lips I used in this look are far brighter than I’d normally pair with this bold of an eye. I really wanted to do *some* lip combo using the Dame Edna products, thus you have it You can also blot down the lipstick so it’s more of a stain before you put the gloss over it to make it less in-your-face.
What are you all doing for New Year’s Eve?! I ask today, because I know there are several international readers, so I’m sure your NYE is coming up just a lil’ faster than mine
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Violet pigment (violet base), Dame’s Desire eyeshadow (light purple), Royal Tour eyeshadow (medium purple with fuchsia), Climate Blue eyeshadow (blue-purple), Femme-fi eyeshadow (highlighter), Urban Decay Lust 24/7 Liner (purple), (Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Don’t Be Shy blush (cool pink)
- Lips: Gladiola lipstick (purple-fuchsia), Hot Frost lipglass (medium pink)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Dame’s Desire = Beautiful Iris; Royal Tour = Satellite Dreams; Climate Blue = Contrast; Femme-fi = Shroom; Don’t Be Shy = Well Dressed; Gladiola = Up the Amp + Girl About Town; Hot Frost = Cultured
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Violet pigment all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, apply Dame’s Desire eyeshadow using the 239. Apply Royal Tour eyeshadow to the middle of the lid. Darken the outer lid using Climate Blue packed on and drag into crease using the 239. Darken crease with Climate Blue eyeshadow using the 239. Sweep Femme-fi underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Lust 24/7 Liner on lower lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Don’t Be Shy blush using the 129. Apply Gladiola lipstick to lips, and then top with Hot Frost lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Stila for Spring ’09: Convertible Mascara
The innovative formula, with a duo of easy-to-use brushes, deilvers twenty-four hours of long, strong, gorgeous lashes. The thermo-sensitive polymer formula wraps each lash, encasing it in a thin tube of jet black pigment. COat the top lashes using the large tapered brush, and then defer to the narrow brush to target hard-to-reach inner lashes and define the lower ones with exact precision. The formula also strengthens the lashes with each wear. It is smudge-proof, sweat-proof, and water-resistant. To remove, simply splash warm water on the eyes and gently wipe your lashes clean. Priced at $22.00.
Availability: February 2009
See more another product photo! Continue reading →
A little late, but better than never, right? Here are photos and swatches of Laura Mercier’s Master Tool Box ($68.00) that came out for the holiday season. But guess what? You can save 25% with code HOL25 now through January 10th, 2009. So hey, maybe being late WAS a good thing after all The lip palette has Tea Rose, Pink Champagne, Cinnamon, Amaretto and Garnet Lip Colours. The eyeshadow palette contains Morning Dew, Rose, Fresco, Chocolate, Twilight Grey, a mini Black Violet Kohl Eye Pencil.
The palette is very universal–I can see it working on everyone, which is always a good thing to see. I hate when a palette is pretty, but I can’t get it to work for my skin tone! The shadows are smooth, buttery, and the pigmentation is there. The colors look just like they do in the pan; it’s a huge pet peeve of mine when a shadow looks one way in the pan and totally different on the skin or during application. The lip colors are pretty tame, but there is a nice berry shade for holiday parties and winter outings.
See the eyeshadows & swatches! Continue reading →
Stila for Spring ’09: Precious Pearl Collection
Pearl Shimmer Gloss ($22.00)
- South Sea Coral Soft peach with white shimmer
- Pearlescent Pink Mid-tone pink with shimmer
- Ocean Currant Deep, sheer berry with pink and red shimmer
- Pearl Kitten Universally flattering warm pink-champagne with shimmer
Precious Pearl Palette ($40.00)
- White Gold Soft creamy white with gold shimmer
- Soft Pink Pristine light pink with pink and white shimmer
- Mid-tone Pink Neutral pink with warm undertones and pink shimmer
- Gold Deep gold with yellow and gold shimmer
- Green Intense mermaid green with blue and green shimmer
- Deep Blue Dark navy with black undertones and blue shimme
Availability: February 2009
See more product photos! Continue reading →