- Do you leave the house without makeup?
- What’s your 5-minute face consist of?
- 5 beauty products you couldn’t live without?
Win MAC Best of Breed Lipglass!
One (1) lucky winner will receive a limited edition MAC Best of Breed Lipglass/em> from MAC’s Fabulous Felines Collection! (Retail value $14.50!)
RULES: All entries must be submitted by September 28th, 2010 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with the winner once the winner confirms.
Congratulations to Caitlin W.!
Look: MAC Venomous Villains – Maleficent
I used all of the mineralize eyeshadows wet, and these photos were taken at least a half hour after applying (do you know how terrible I am at applying lashes?!), so the color stayed quite vibrant well after they dried. I went for a greasepaint stick as a base, as I felt like it might be a little tacky and keep fall out to a minimum (true!). Half lashes look so wonky so close-up – because you can see clearly where the lash ends and the natural lash begins, but at a normal viewing distance, I think they worked really well. More drama but not the heaviness of a full lash!
And yeah, I paired bold eyes with bold lips. Don’t you think that’s what Maleficent would have done?
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC French Quarter Greasepaint Stick (dirty, dark antique gold), MAC She Who Dares Mineralize Eyeshadow Duo (blackened forest/emerald green), MAC My Dark Magic Mineralize Eyeshadow Duo (blackened purple, blackened violet-blue), Burberry Trench Eyeshadow (highlighter), Urban Decay Graffiti 24/7 Liner (grass green), MAC Nocturnal Superslick Liquid Eyeliner (metallic silver), Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara, MAC Hello Kitty Lash
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: MAC Briar Rose Beauty Powder (pale pink)
- Lips: MAC Violetta Lipstick (fuchsia-purple), MAC Revenge is Sweet Lipglass (sheer, jelly fuchsia-pink)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: French Quarter = Bobbi Brown Antique Gold Cream Shadow; She Who Dares = NARS Night Porter (not a great dupe); My Dark Magic = Urban Decay Purple Haze (layered over black) / Parfait Amour (layered over black); MAC Hello Kitty Lash = Sephora Flutter Lash; Briar Rose = Pin Swoon; Revenge is Sweet = Flashmode (not a great dupe)
For eyes, start by applying French Quarter greasepaint stick as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Spritz the 239 brush with a little water, and then pick up the emerald green side of She Who Dares and apply to the inner third of the lid. Repeat but apply the blackened purple side of My Dark Magic to the outer two-thirds of the lid. With the 272, lightly spritz with water, and then apply the violet-blue side of My Dark Magic into the crease, gently blending upwards. Blend Trench eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Line the upper lash line with Nocturnal liquid liner and lower lash line with Graffiti liner. Apply Hello Kitty Lashes on the outer half of each eye. Finish by sweeping Inimitable Intense mascara on lashes.
For cheeks, apply Briar Rose Beauty powder on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Violetta lipstick first, and then layer Revenge is Sweet lipglass for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!
Challenge: Felines — Emily, Aracely, Elli, El, Jessica, Etaoin
It was such a pleasure to see all of the different looks and takes on the feline theme of this month’s challenge! We have subtle and natural to bolder and more dramatic in these first looks. As always, I post in the order that entries are received. I will be posting one or two sets per day ’til we’ve showcased all challenge-takers (which is around 30 lovelies!).
Check out the first six looks!
MAC Venomous Villains: Discussion
I know many of you are getting ready to head out to Venomous Villains’ unveiling parties across the U.S., and I thought it might be fun to create a place for everyone to discuss the collection. Last minute decisions, hauls, wish lists… ask for recommendations or insight from other readers. Even if you’re not going to an unveiling, feel free to join in with your thoughts, to-buy lists, or what have you.