Today is World AIDS Day…
A day participated in across the world to raise awareness, remember those we have lost, and come together to do more and celebrate what has been done so far. Light for Rights draws attention to the rights of people living with HIV around the world. The campaign looks to mobilize support for the protection of these rights in order to achieve universal access to HIV prevention, treatment, care and support, while also combating stigma and discrimination.
Websites on World AIDS Day
There is one beauty brand that deserves recognition for their continued, unrelenting work for people affected by HIV and AIDS: MAC Cosmetics. The MAC AIDS Fund makes strides every single day through VIVA GLAM. Viva Glam consists of several lipsticks and lipglasses where 100% of the purchase price goes towards helping people affected by HIV and AIDS. We’re not talking a portion of proceeds. Every. Single. Cent. It’s easy to support the cause when you get a lipstick and all $14.50 goes towards helping those affected by HIV/AIDS!
To date, MAF has raised over $190 million.
Did you know that one lipstick provides…
- 23 female condoms or 233 male condoms,
- 18 personalized birthday cakes to be hand-delivered to a person living with HIV/AIDS on their birthday,
- 14 blood glucose monitoring strips,
- 8 individually tailored, nutritious home-cooked meals,
- 2 emergency boxes filled with non-perishable food,
- 1 personal nutrition counseling session with a registered dietitian,
- 1 week’s supply of groceries for 2 clients,
- 1 Maxi-Pharmadose Medication Organizer,
- 1 private therapeutic recreation session,
- 1 rapid oral HIV test, or
- 1 pair of school shoes for a child orphaned by AIDS