Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
So much for having mastered false lashes! Trying to use them in this look turned out to be more disaster than gorg. Good thing this was just for fun and not going out, because then I would have been upset rather than just a little disappointed it didn’t all wrap up into a nice little bow. This is a very OTT look, and it was deliberately made that way. I’d probably wear it out, but I totally understand if anyone feels it’s a bit too bright/much for the grocery store 😉 Besides, it looked good from afar, and nobody should be standing THISCLOSE to my eyes anyway, right?!
For those wondering, you can purchase Make Up For Ever at Sephora.com.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Make Up For Ever #910 Star Powder (springy green base), Make Up For Ever #171 Eyeshadow (shimmery yellow-green), Make Up For Ever #93 Eyeshadow (matte aqua-green), Make Up For Ever #159 Eyeshadow (matte royal blue), Make Up For Ever #167 Eyeshadow (shimmery medium blue), Make Up For Ever #102 (matte eggshell), Make Up For Ever Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow (black), Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash Mascara (black), , Make Up For Ever #7L Aqua Eyes Liner, Make Up For Ever #156 Genevieve False Lashes
- Cheeks: Make Up For Ever #5 Blush (matte coral-orange), Make Up For Ever #153 Blush (shimmery peachy-gold)
- Lips: Urban Decay Naked lipstick (shimmery pink-beige), Chanel Arlequin Glossimer (shimmering gold)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush), 165 (highlighting brush)
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply #910 Star Powder all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, pack #171 eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply #93 eyeshadow to the middle portion of the lid. On the outer lid and crease, apply #167 eyeshadow with the 226. Darken crease with #159 eyeshadow using the 219, and then blend out with the 226. With #171 eyeshadow, apply it just above the crease colors with the 217. Sweep #102 eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight with the 217. Apply #7L Aqua Eyes Liner on lower lash line. Smudge lower lash line with #171 eyeshadow with the 214 brush, pressing into lower lashes. Apply #156 Genevieve false lashes on upper lash line. Finish with Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow on on the upper lash line using the 208. Apply Aqua Smoky Lash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with #5 Blush using the 129, then highlight with #153 with the 165. Apply Urban Decay Naked lipstick to lips, and then top with Chanel Arlequin glossimer for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Temptalia Gives Away MAC Assemblage Mineralize Eyeshadow!
We’re giving away one (1) MAC Assemblage Mineralize Eyeshadow, from the limited edition MAC Colour Craft Collection.
Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post and telling us how much you spend on beauty products (on average) per month!
All entries must be submitted by July 24th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Increase Your Chances to Win…
For a total of FOUR chances! Just remember you must leave a comment on this post to get entered initially. Please be sure to use a valid e-mail address.
2. Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!).
3. Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
4. Join our Forums! (please include your Forum user name OR use the same e-mail address.)
Congratulations Cat B.! Thank you for participating!
What beauty products are currently on your wish list? Have you been able to replace it yet?
Some things from NARS fall, but I’m trying to resist!
Make Up For Ever #26 Eyeshadow
Five more purples!
- #26 is a bright fuchsia pink with a matte finish. It’s extremely pigmented, and it feels smooth to the touch.
- #52 is a softly shimmered fuchsia-mauve shade of pink. It has slight silver sheen/iridescence, and it is fairly pigmented, particularly for an iridescent.
- #151 is a shimmery, light whitish-lilac color. It is probably one of the more frosty-finished shadows I’ve played with from the brand (an observation–not a negative or a positive!).
- #39 is a matte plummy wine shade. It feels a bit cool-toned and a little more on the purple side than similarly colored #131.
- #131 is a reddish-plum shade, and it has just a touch of shimmer in it (nearly nil). Compared to #39, it’s redder, and it doesn’t feel as cool-toned.
Which of these are your favorites?
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Urban Decay: Oil Slick, Naked, Confession Lipsticks
New for fall from Urban Decay are three new shades of lipstick ($22.00 each). All three have a satiny, slightly glossy finish, and they feel very moisturizing on the lips. They smell sweetly scented — I think I detected a bit of caramel-ness to it, too. Ever since Urban Decay launched their lipstick line, I’ve always been a huge admirer of the creative packaging. I still love it, but it has to be some of the more impractical packaging I’ve come across, just because the label is on the “top” but the daggers are out of the bottom (which don’t stand very nicely). But I really do love it anyway. It’s just so beautiful to look at.
Both Oil Slick and Confession should be worn with a lip liner (clear or otherwise), or you could wear this with Urban Decay’s new Lip Primer Potion ($20.00). I haven’t yet tried it, but I’m planning to see how the two work together later on (and will definitely post some comparisons for you all, too). These two shades tend to settle into natural lip lines and may bleed, too, without the proper base!
- Oil Slick is a sheer, glossy black with small, silver sparkles. It’s extremely wearable–not necessarily on its own–when you layer it with other shades. Try topping it with a really rich red or pink!
- Naked is creamy, pinky shade with a little bit of beige to tone it down and gold shimmer to warm it up. Love it. LOVE.
- Confession is a sheer, glossy burgundy-wine shade. It goes on much brighter/lighter than it looks in the tube–so don’t be afraid of the near blackberry color it appears to be. (Actually, the transformation reminded me a bit of how Clinique’s Black Honey is!)
Naked is my new obsession, though. It’s absolutely stunning on lips. It’s totally my-lips-but-better (MLBB) and yet way more complex and interesting than just MLBB. It’s this glossy pinky color with gold shimmer/sparkle. I feel like I’m wearing a lip color that brightens my whole face without anyone really having a clue I’m wearing any. This shade really grabbed me from the get-go, even if it’s not necessarily a unique or eye-catching (hey, it’s no hot pink!).
Anyone else check these out yet?
See more photos and swatches… Continue reading →
NARS has launched their Fall Collection online!
Free standard shipping on orders over $50 (no code necessary).
Hauling? Abstaining? Share your comments on NARS’ fall launch!