Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (also known as OCC Makeup) recently launched a new product called Lip Tar ($12.50 each). The range includes twelve shades ranging from clear to white to black to yellow. The idea behind the Lip Tars is giving you the freedom to mix and match to design your own custom lip colors. Each color is extremely rich in pigment and color–no sheer glosses here–non-sticky in texture, smooth and glossy. There are eleven colored shades, which I’ll be covering – six in this post and five in a follow-up post. After both are posted, you can expect lip swatches of the shades by themselves. I’m going to get my mixology on a bit later, and of course, will share the results with you all!
- Feathered is an opaque white. There’s no way else to describe it! This is a shade designed to help lighten any lip color you’ve got going. If that hot pink combo is too bright, adding a bit of white will lighten it and turn it into a more wearable pink for you.
- Tarred is an ultra glossy black. It’s fairly opaque, though if you really wanted to rock a purely black lip, I’d definitely recommend using a black lipstick underneath. For a fun look, you could also wear a vibrant red lipstick and layer it with Tarred. You can use Tarred to help mute or darken colors.
- NSFW is a rich, glossy deep scarlet red. It’s insanely gorgeous by itself. Since it is a primary color, it can be used to create a good variety of different shades for customization, too.
- Traffic is a heart-stopping shade of bright warm-toned yellow. Not exactly a shade one would wear all the time by itself, but as a primary color, it is best when mixed with other shades.
- Rx is a vibrant sky blue. Again, a primary color, which makes it excellent for mixing and changing up a lip color.
- Safety Orange is an ultra pigmented orange-red with lots of glossiness. Surprisingly, it wears well alone, though to make it more wearable, add a bit of white and pink and see what you get!
See swatches and photos! Continue reading →
What’s your going out look consist of? Got a special look for this Friday night?
Nah, it’s a Friday in for us I always like the smoky eye – silvery-black – for going out, though!
OVERALL, MAC Naked Honey Collection is a small but palatable launch. It contains three eyeshadows with good texture, nice color pay off, and in wearable shades, alongside three lipglasses that coordinate. The real disappointment in the collection comes from the small sizes/overpriced nature of the skincare products–particularly the body wash and the hand/body cream. Anyone who expected very honeyish scents will be a bit dismayed, as most of the scented products are more floral/spicy and less honey. The skin salve is the most honey scented product, but it is still quite floral-honey. I liked several items, but I felt like you could miss this launch and not live to regret it. I know many of you are saving up for the Friends & Family sale next week, Graphic Gardens, and Colour Craft!
Must-Haves: Buckwheat eyeshadow, Queen Bee lipglass
Nice-to-Haves: Creme de Miel eyeshadow, Pollinator eyeshadow, She’s A Star lipglass, Buzz lipglass, Golden Nectar high-light powder, Naked Honey Skin Salve
Skip: Naked Honey Hand/Body Cream, Naked Honey Body Wash
Official Information/Promotional Photos
See product by product reviews… Continue reading →
MAC Naked Honey Collection Product Photos
Product photos of all of the products from MAC’s latest launch! See a few more… Continue reading →
Eyeshadows: Creme de Miel, Pollinator, Buckwheat
MAC Naked Honey Collection Swatches
Here are swatches from the latest launch from MAC! See a few more… Continue reading →
Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share your answers with us in the comments section!
Instructions: Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share it with us in the comments section!
Favorite Summer Collection?: [answer]
Least Favorite Summer Collection?: [answer]
One you looked most forward to?: [answer]