Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Beauty Basics: MAC Face Brushes
Beauty Basics is a series covering basic products and tools that help to make applying your makeup easier. To view the entire series to date, be sure to visit the beauty basics, or you can view posts within the series about MAC Face Brushes.
Focus On: MAC 150 Large Powder Brush
MAC 150 Large Powder Brush ($42.00) is a large, domed-shape densely-packed brush. It’s ideal for use with loose and pressed powders. I do believe MAC encourages using this with blush, too, but I find it far too large and dense for that purpose; particularly because there are so many better brushes to use (like the 116 and 129). This isn’t the softest brush I own by MAC, but it’s still incredibly soft and doesn’t feel scratch to me. Personally, I find I only use this for applying loose/pressed powders to set my makeup. I find it is fluffy enough to blend and give me thorough coverage, but it is dense enough that product doesn’t get wasted. I use this brush everyday, but I do wish it was more of a multi-tasker for its price!
How do you like to use this brush?
See close-ups… Continue reading →
If you were using MAC Queen Bee Lipglass?, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Did you come up with a look you’d like to share featuring today’s product? You can link to your images, embed your images using HTML, or you can submit your images via e-mail to share them with readers to help give them inspiration on how to use the product!
Here’s a green-themed look using Make Up For Ever eyeshadows! I deliberatedly used MAC Soft Ochre paint pot as a base to show that bright colors can be brought down a notch by using a more neutralizing base, like Soft Ochre. Happy holiday weekend!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral base), Make Up For Ever #171 Eyeshadow (shimmery chatreuse), Make Up For Ever #91 Eyeshadow (matte bright medium green), Make Up For Ever #53 Eyeshadow (shimmery forest green), Make Up For Ever #101 Eyeshadow (sheer, yellow-gold shimmer), Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes 12L (deep teal-green), Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash Mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Make Up For Ever #5 Blush (matte coral-orange), Make Up For Ever #153 Blush (shimmery peachy-gold)
- Lips: YSL Peach Passion Rouge Volupte Lipstick (peachy-coral), MAC Liberated lipglass (pale gold-yellow)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush), 165 (highlighting brush)
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply MAC Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, pack #171 eyeshadow on using the 239. On the outer lid and crease, apply #91 eyeshadow with the 226. Increase intensity by packing on more of #75 eyeshadow with the 239. Darken crease with #53 eyeshadow using the 219, and then blend out with the 226. Sweep #101 eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight with the 217. Smudge lower lash line with #171 eyeshadow with the 214 brush, pressing into lower lashes. Finish with 12L Aqua Eyes on on the lower lash line using the 208. Apply Aqua Smoky Lash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with #5 Blush using the 129, then highlight with #153 with the 165. Apply YSL Peach Passion Rouge Volupte lipstick to lips, and then top with MAC Liberated lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
How would you describe your hair type? Short, curly? Thin, thick? Takes a beating or it’s already beat down?
Shoulder-length, thick, fairly straight, pretty healthy hair for me. Not currently dyed!
MAC Cosmetics iPhone Wallpapers
For your mobile needs I know we have a lot of iPhone users out there, and so I made some iPhone wallpapers for you all! This post contains ten, and I’ll post another ten on the weekend! Continue reading →
Soft Dazzle, Sublime Shine, Perfectly Unordinary
MAC Dazzleglass Cremes Collection
U.S. Launch Date: September 24th, 2009
International Launch Date: October 2009
Flashing Flecks of lustrous glimmer give the lips a new kind of high-beam shine, while the balm-effect of the pillow-top comfort creme keeps the supple going and going. Ultra-luxurious, no sticky smack or drag. Aloe and Vitamin E enrich, keep lips lightweight but strong-willed, for long-lustre, ultimate luminosity. Wear it alone for medium-sheer, dewy coverage… For dazzle with absolute comfort, it’s better than brilliant. And the accompanying applicator brush is a dream.
Dazzleglass Cremes ($18.00 U.S. / $21.50 CDN) (Limited Edition)
- Soft Dazzle Mid-tone peach pink with gold pearl
- Sublime Shine Light coral brown with gold pearl
- My Favourite Pink Light blue pink with pearl
- Perfectly Unordinary Bright yellow pink with gold pearl
- Luscious Spark Light orange with gold pearl
- Do It Up Bright blue pink with pearl
- Totally Fab Bright yellow red with pearl
- Amorous Deep brown red with pearl
- Creme Allure Bright yellow plum
See more photos… Continue reading →