Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Frederic Fekkai @ NYFW S/S ’10 for Rag & Bone
Teddy Charles, lead stylist for Frédéric Fekkai, created a rough and tousled look full of texture and volume for the Rag & Bone Spring 2010 show.
Get the Look
After a few spritzes of Fekkai Tousled Wave Spray he rolled hair to make it piecey. He then wrapped and teased the hair into messy tendrils with Fekkai Full Blown Volume Lifting Hairspray. He completed the look with the Fekkai Au Natural Dry Shampoo to create a matte finish.
Fekkai Coiff Océanique Tousled Wave Spray – Create a tousled, wavy look with this lightweight styling mist. Touchable polymers help to form and rejuvenate waves with flexible control.
Fekkai Full Blown Volume Lifting Hairspray – This lightweight formula holds volume to lift the roots and delivers powerful fullness that is never stiff or sticky.
Fekkai Au Naturel Powder Clean Dry Shampoo: This naturally formulated product free of sulfates, parabens, dyes and synthetic fragrances, gently cleanses hair with a natural botanical blend, infuses hair with conditioning ingredients, removes excess oil and builds volume. Hair is left refreshed and revived without the use of water.
What’s one makeup technique/style you can’t get the hang of? Tell us!
False lashes. I get them sometimes, but if I don’t nail it on the first try, I’ll fuss with them for an hour and give up! I try all the tricks to no avail!
MAC @ NYFW S/S ’10 for BCBG
“It’s all about the individual. The look is finished but not made up.” — Lisa Butler for BCBG
Get the Look
- EYE: Zoom Lash in Zoomblack – applied to lash line as messy but chic liner with a 205 Mascara Fan Brush. Zoomblack Mascara – applied to upper and lower lashes. Zoomblack Mascara- applied to upper and lower lashes
- FACE: Mineralize SP F15 Foundation – applied to skin where needed and under eyes with 217 Blending Brush.
- LIP: Lip Conditioner – matted down onto lips with sponge.
See breakdowns for Vena Cava and L.A.M.B.… Continue reading →
The Best of Guerlain
Guerlain is a brand that always steals my heart. It has that combination of luxe and quality that I find hard to resist! These are a few of their can’t-be-missed products…
- Guerlain Eyeshadow Palette ($58.00) are well-pigmented palettes that feature four eyeshadows that work well together. I love Bronze Dore! So pretty!
- Guerlain Meteorites Powder ($53.00) is a soft shimmery highlighter that is fun to use and works really well to add a subtle glow to cheeks and face without highlighting imperfections because the shimmer is so fine.
- Guerlain KissKiss Gloss ($29.00) is one of my favorite gloss formulas! (It’s pretty much tied with YSL’s Golden Gloss.) Soft, shimmer makes every color have the appearance of shimmering water. I love shades like Fraise a Croquer and Rose Florida. They’re a great non-sticky gloss that doesn’t dry out your lips and lets your lips shine.
- Guerlain KissKiss Lipstick ($30.00) comes in a large variety of shades, so you’re bound to find at least one (if not far too many) that suit your tastes. They’re creamy, long-wearing lipsticks that feel hydrating and luxe on lips. One of my favorite lipstick formulas — Rouge G and YSL’s Rouge Volupte top it, but only slightly.
- Guerlain Terracotta Loose Powder Kohl Liner ($34.00) are long-wearing loose kohls that can be worn on the water line without causing aggravation. I only wish they made more colors!
- Guerlain ‘Blush 4 Eclats’ Sculpting Blush ($48.00) are silky smooth powder blush compacts with four different shades designed to be used together with one sweep from left to right and then applied to cheeks. Whether you use that method or swirl them together, you’ll come up with something gorgeous. I love every single one they have out (I believe it’s six), but my favorites are Soleil Couchant and Rose Plein Vent.
- Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder ($46.00) is a silky smooth bronzing powder that applies easily and nearly effortlessly. It is just a sheer shade that works well to give you a natural looking sunkissed glow. No orange here!
What are some of your favorite Guerlain products?
Davines @ Hayden Harnett
Nackie Karcher, owner and head stylist of Parlour Salon in Brooklyn, and Davines completed looks for Hayden Harnett’s spring 2010 collection.
Inspired by a “stranded in the desert” look, Nackie played with the models’ natural hair texture, utilizing fishtail braids and side ponytails secured with leather bands.
Get the Look
Nackie spritzed Davines DEDE Conditioner and Defining Texturizer in the models hair to add texture and volume. After securing the hair on the side, Nackie sprayed Defining Glam Power Spray and curled ends with an iron.
See more photos… Continue reading →
Aveda @ John Patrick Organic
At John Patrick Organic, Odile Gilbert, for Aveda, was the lead hair, while the Aveda leads were Dennis Clendennen.
The hair look for John Patrick Organic is a modern, playful take on Bohemian-chic. Hair is smooth and shiny on top with soft, free-flowing curls below the cheekbone and volume at the front—pulled back into a barrette, adding a girly touch.
Get the Look
- Step 1: Prep hair with Aveda Phomollient™ Styling Foam to add body, volume, and shine.
- Step 2: Brush hair through and create a deep side part.
- Step 3: Divide hair into three sections: bottom, sides/top and middle, and secure in place with hair clips. Spray each section generously with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray for shine and hold.
- Step 4: Starting with the nape of the neck, curl small sections of hair using a 1 inch barrel curling iron. Once curled, roll each piece into a loop using your index finger, and hold in place with a single-pronged hair clip. Continue curling hair, working around the sides toward the top of the head, leaving a one inch piece of hair untouched. Spray each curl with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray for added hold.
- Step 5: Curl the one inch piece of hair forward and secure with a single-pronged hair clip to allow the hair to cool.
- Step 6: With the exception of the front curl, remove all hair clips and brush curls through to create soft, full waves.
- Step 7: Rub Aveda Light Elements™ Shaping Wax between palms and smooth over the top of hair to reduce flyaways and add shine. Hair is now smooth from crown to cheekbones becoming full, loose curls.
- Step 8: Remove clip from top curl and twist slightly to create volume and lift in front. Secure hair in place with two small hair pins, and then pull back with a larger barrette that matches hair color. Spray Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray directly on the lifted section of hair to add volume and hold.
- Step 9: Finish the look with a final misting of Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray.
Aveda Products Used
- Aveda Phomollient™ Styling Foam
- Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray
- Aveda Light Elements™ Shaping Wax
See more backstage action plus more photos… Continue reading →