Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Dragon Lady Legs vs. Korres Body Butter
Korres Guava Body Butter ($29.00 for 7.95 oz.) is a rich body moisturizer with a lightweight scent and heavyweight hydration with a sweet, tropica scent of guava and coconut (at least, that’s what I keep noticing).
The scent reminds me of tropical fruits, but I detect a bit of coconuttiness every time I sniff it. That’s just fine with me, since I love the scent! It’s a lightweight scent, though, so it’s not something that is cloying or feels overwhelming. Soft and subtle wins this race!
Surprisingly, a little goes a long way, because you only need a slightly-bigger-than-pea-sized amount for each arm/leg. This helps the price tag seem more palatable, because it does seem pricey at first. Since you can get a lot of usage out of one tube, I’d definitely say it is worth the money, and I wouldn’t say that you’re really indulging either. One thing that is nice is you can purchase it in a small tube, jumbo tube, or a medium-sized pump system. So it’s really a matter of your preference! The little tube is a bit bigger than a hand cream tube, so it fits easily in your purse for on-the-go hydration.
It’s unusual to find a body butter in a tube or pump, as most come in a tub. I really like the tube/pump delivery system, because I feel it’s more hygenic. The tub always feels a little yuck to me, and I’m always making sure my hands are thoroughly washed before grabbing any out of it. (Of course, you can always use a clean spatula to remove the product as an alternative to your fingers.)
Korres’ Body Butter does a thorough job of moisturizing dry, parched skin and keeps it soft all day long. After a week of consistent use (and for me, that is HARD! I always forget – bad me!), my legs felt like butter themselves. I really have the scaliness dragon lady legs you’ve ever seen, so any moisturizer has a very uphill climb with me! I’m so pleased that Korres’ Body Butter was able to meet the challenge. I’ve still yet to be disappointed by a Korres product!
- Product: 9/10
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 8/10
- Packaging: 9/10
Recommendation: If you like tropical scents, you’ll probably enjoy Korres’ Guava-scented body butter. If not, but you’re still in the market for a heavy duty moisturizer, their body butters are available in several other scents.
Availability: Sephora, Korres
P.S. – 30% off code TEMPTALIA is still good at KorresUSA.com through 9/15. Just placed my order on Friday myself!
It’s a Toner, Not a Lotion (Part 2): NARS Hydrating Freshening Lotion
NARS Hydrating Freshening Lotion ($36.00 for 6.7 fl. oz.) is a water-based toner with a gel-like consistency designed to hydrate skin as well as gently exfoliate it.
When I was at NARS a few months ago, the artist was telling me about this magical toner that was really great for acne-prone skin. I was a bit skeptical, but every so often, an artist manages to convince me to buy something I had no intentions of getting, so that’s how I wound up with NARS’ Hydrating Freshening Lotion. Like the Clarins’ Super Restorative Wake-Up Lotion, “Lotion” means toner. It’s easy to use: just pump once onto a cotton pad and then use it on your face to remove any dirt and build-up.
One of the reasons I bought this was to help hydrate and exfoliate dry patches prior to applying foundation. It actually does seem to help hydrate and remove some of the flakiness on my dry patches and keeps the skin looking natural and radiant. This also helps to make sure I’ve gotten every last bit of dirt, makeup, and cleanser off of my face before I apply my moisturizer. (Seriously, the amount of gunk this product removes reminds me of the blackhead strips by Biore!)
Though a bit pricey, one bottle should last you a few months, if not more, depending on how often and how much you use per application. I find need about two pumps for face and neck on a cotton pad per application, so I expect to finish my bottle in the next month or so. I do believe Shiseido (which owns NARS) also makes a similar product, so if you’re a Shiseido fan, you may want to look in their line.
- Product: 9/10
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 8/10
- Packaging: 8/10
Recommendation: NARS’ skincare is underrated, in my opinion, because they really do have a solid line of skincare products that have never done me wrong–including the Hydrating Freshening Lotion!
Frederic Fekkai @ NYFW S/S ’10 for Rag & Bone
Teddy Charles, lead stylist for Frédéric Fekkai, created a rough and tousled look full of texture and volume for the Rag & Bone Spring 2010 show.
Get the Look
After a few spritzes of Fekkai Tousled Wave Spray he rolled hair to make it piecey. He then wrapped and teased the hair into messy tendrils with Fekkai Full Blown Volume Lifting Hairspray. He completed the look with the Fekkai Au Natural Dry Shampoo to create a matte finish.
Fekkai Coiff Océanique Tousled Wave Spray – Create a tousled, wavy look with this lightweight styling mist. Touchable polymers help to form and rejuvenate waves with flexible control.
Fekkai Full Blown Volume Lifting Hairspray – This lightweight formula holds volume to lift the roots and delivers powerful fullness that is never stiff or sticky.
Fekkai Au Naturel Powder Clean Dry Shampoo: This naturally formulated product free of sulfates, parabens, dyes and synthetic fragrances, gently cleanses hair with a natural botanical blend, infuses hair with conditioning ingredients, removes excess oil and builds volume. Hair is left refreshed and revived without the use of water.
What’s one makeup technique/style you can’t get the hang of? Tell us!
False lashes. I get them sometimes, but if I don’t nail it on the first try, I’ll fuss with them for an hour and give up! I try all the tricks to no avail!
MAC @ NYFW S/S ’10 for BCBG
“It’s all about the individual. The look is finished but not made up.” — Lisa Butler for BCBG
Get the Look
- EYE: Zoom Lash in Zoomblack – applied to lash line as messy but chic liner with a 205 Mascara Fan Brush. Zoomblack Mascara – applied to upper and lower lashes. Zoomblack Mascara- applied to upper and lower lashes
- FACE: Mineralize SP F15 Foundation – applied to skin where needed and under eyes with 217 Blending Brush.
- LIP: Lip Conditioner – matted down onto lips with sponge.
See breakdowns for Vena Cava and L.A.M.B.… Continue reading →
The Best of Guerlain
Guerlain is a brand that always steals my heart. It has that combination of luxe and quality that I find hard to resist! These are a few of their can’t-be-missed products…
- Guerlain Eyeshadow Palette ($58.00) are well-pigmented palettes that feature four eyeshadows that work well together. I love Bronze Dore! So pretty!
- Guerlain Meteorites Powder ($53.00) is a soft shimmery highlighter that is fun to use and works really well to add a subtle glow to cheeks and face without highlighting imperfections because the shimmer is so fine.
- Guerlain KissKiss Gloss ($29.00) is one of my favorite gloss formulas! (It’s pretty much tied with YSL’s Golden Gloss.) Soft, shimmer makes every color have the appearance of shimmering water. I love shades like Fraise a Croquer and Rose Florida. They’re a great non-sticky gloss that doesn’t dry out your lips and lets your lips shine.
- Guerlain KissKiss Lipstick ($30.00) comes in a large variety of shades, so you’re bound to find at least one (if not far too many) that suit your tastes. They’re creamy, long-wearing lipsticks that feel hydrating and luxe on lips. One of my favorite lipstick formulas — Rouge G and YSL’s Rouge Volupte top it, but only slightly.
- Guerlain Terracotta Loose Powder Kohl Liner ($34.00) are long-wearing loose kohls that can be worn on the water line without causing aggravation. I only wish they made more colors!
- Guerlain ‘Blush 4 Eclats’ Sculpting Blush ($48.00) are silky smooth powder blush compacts with four different shades designed to be used together with one sweep from left to right and then applied to cheeks. Whether you use that method or swirl them together, you’ll come up with something gorgeous. I love every single one they have out (I believe it’s six), but my favorites are Soleil Couchant and Rose Plein Vent.
- Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder ($46.00) is a silky smooth bronzing powder that applies easily and nearly effortlessly. It is just a sheer shade that works well to give you a natural looking sunkissed glow. No orange here!
What are some of your favorite Guerlain products?