Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Givenchy Launches Gloss Interdit Ultra-Shiny Color Pumping Effect Lip Gloss
A vibrant gloss with a high-performance formula, a sophisticated silhouette, and a professional brush applicator. With its infinitely light texture, Gloss Interdit provides spectacular shine and leaves lips smoothed and plumped. The formula is enriched with high-performance skincare ingredients developed by Givenchy Laboratories. The scent of Gloss Interdit is an elegant, sensual, and sophisticated new facet of the “Espièglerie” concentrate found in Rouge Interdit and Rouge Interdit Shine. The fragrance is composed of top notes of bergamot, litchi, and red fruit; middle notes of rose, jasmine, and lily of the valley; and base notes of sandalwood, vanilla, amber, and musk.
Gloss Interdit Ultra-Shiny Color Plumping Effect ($24.50)
- Capricious Pink Vibrant pink
- Impertinent Nude Light neutral pink
- Coral Frenzy Soft coral
- Rose Taboo Rose mauve
- Indiscreet Beige Rosy nude
- Lilac Confession Bright lilac
- Glamorous Fuchsia Hot pink
- Succulent Orange Reddish orange
- Rouge Passion Bright cherry red
- Delectable Brown Warm golden beige
- Sensual Chocolate Plum brown
- Velvet Purple Blackberry plum
Availability: July 2009.
See more photos… Continue reading →
Do find yourself shopping more online or in-store for your beauty products? What’s your preference?
I tend to shop in-store, even though I often drool over things online!
Introducing… Urban Decay Minx & Ecstasy Eyeshadows!
Urban Decay Eyeshadow ($16.00) recently had two new additions added to the line-up: Minx, described as a blue-green shift with glitter; and Ecstasy, described as a bright purple with slight pink tint.
Minx is a beautiful shade of aqua-green with a little taste of mint and lots of silvery sheen and shimmer. It has decent pigmentation, though it could have a bit more color pay off for my taste. I’d love to see it go on a little richer and deeper. It does, however, go on smoothly and blends easily with other shadows. Ecstasy is a vibrant shade of cool-toned medium purple with soft silver sheen. It doesn’t have a lot of shimmer/glitter either. I found the pigmentation on this shade to be better than Minx, which made me happy. It has the same smooth, blendable texture as Minx (as well as the rest Urban Decay’s eyeshadow range overall).
Each shadow is packaged in a silver, flip-top container. The shadows are the same size as MAC from what I know, so yes, you could depot these if you desired. (I also believe the depotting methodology is about the same with these.)
- Product: 8/10
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 8/10
- Packaging: 8/10
- Overall: 8/10
Recommendation: If you like smooth, easy-to-use eyeshadows and like color, these two shadows are for you. Ecstasy earns slightly more of a recommendation over Minx, just because Minx lacks the intensity of pigmentation I prefer. Both are soft, shimmery/frosty shades that are easy to work with. I prefer all my eyeshadows in pan/palette form, so the packaging is functional, but it doesn’t inspire me to purchase solely on that criterion.
Availability: UrbanDecay.com, Sephora.com
Have you picked up these two new shades yet?
See more product photos and swatches… Continue reading →
5 Ways to Wear: Purple Eyeshadow
Featuring MAC Satellite Dreams
MAC Satellite Dreams Eyeshadow is a gorgeous shade of muted, toned-down medium purple. It’s really a wearable shade of purple — not bright like Stars ‘n Rockets, nor too pale like Digit. Here are five different ways you can wear this fun shadow!
Start by applying your favorite neutral base (e.g. MAC Soft Ochre paint pot, Urban Decay Primer Potion, or Too Faced Shadow Insurance) all over your lid. Apply Shroom eyeshadow to the inner third of the eye lid with a fluffy shadow brush like the 239. Lightly apply Seedy Pearl eyeshadow to the middle third of the lid with a fluffy shadow brush. With a fluffy crease brush like the 226, apply Satellite Dreams eyeshadow to the outer third of the lid and blend into the crease. Darken the crease by lighting tapping Contrast eyeshadow into the outer third of the crease with a pencil brush like the 219. Finish by highlighting the brow bone with Shroom eyeshadow, lining the lower lash line with a soft black, and applying a few coats of black mascara onto upper and lower lashes. For lips, try using a plummy-pink or neutral pink lipstick/gloss. For cheeks, a cool-toned pink or soft raspberry will do the trick.
Check out four more ways to wear this shadow… Continue reading →
Temptalia Gives Away MAC Fashion Groupie Eyeshadow!
We’re giving away one (1) MAC Fashion Groupie Eyeshadow, from the limited edition MAC Love That Look Collection.
Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post and sharing how you’d wear Fashion Groupie eyeshadow.
All entries must be submitted by August 11th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Increase Your Chances to Win…
For a total of four chances! Just remember you must leave a comment on this post to get entered initially. Please be sure to use a valid e-mail address.
2. Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!).
3. Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
4. Join our Forums! (please include your Forum user name OR use the same e-mail address.)
Congratulations Larissa H.! Thank you for participating!
Prescriptives’ Well Suited Collection is a nice launch easy, wearable shades in pre-made palettes (cool, neutral, and warm), along with the release of new longwearing liners. My favorite products from this launch are the new longwearing liners and the Well-Suited Finishing Powder. I also thought Posh Beige was a gorgeous shade from the LipColors.
Well-Suited Eye Color Compact ($40.00 U.S. / $48.00 CDN)
All three palettes had decent to good color pay off, but I did find shadows that had a more matte finish were a little less smooth and could skip a bit when swatched. These colors are designed to be wearable shades, and Prescriptives succeeded in this aspect. If you’re more of a bold color kind of person, these might not be up your alley. If you’re looking for something you can wear all week, you may find these are suitable for you!
- Warm includes a soft, satin-y peach; a warm-toned medium brown with gold and green shimmer; a neutral-toned golden green-brown; a dark teal with aqua-blue shimmer; and a slightly warmed-up dark brown with a semi-matte/matte finish.
- Neutral looks like a smoky eyes palette, actually. It includes a neutral-toned peach with light peach-gold shimmer; a neutral-tone reddish-brown with multicolored shimmer; a satiny, dark, chocolate brown; a medium silver with slight shimmer; and a matte black.
- Cool consists of a peachy-pink with silvery shimmer; a cool-toned chocolate brown with slight shimmer; a grayish shade with brown undertones; a reddish-plum with golden shimmer; and a matte dark purple.
- Well-Suited Finishing Powder ($28.00) is a satiny, dusty pink with the collection’s theme as a raised pattern on the compact. It goes on as a pale, slightly warm pink (neutral or warm, but definitely not cool). It doesn’t have any shimmer, and it looks very natural and soft on skin.
- Posh Honey is a semi-sheer warm-toned beige with golden sihmmer.
- Posh Ginger is a brownish shade with a little bit of warm red with slight golden shimmer.
- Posh Nude is a pinky-nue with a semi-sheer finish and low-level gold pearl.
- Posh Pink is a semi-opaque raspberry pink with a glossy sheen.
Longwear Kohl Liner ($17.50 U.S. / $21.00 CDN)
- Black Kohl is a medium flat black — not an ultra rich, ultra black-black, but a wearable, soft black.
- Blush Kohl is a medium-dark blue with no shimmer or sheen.
- Brown Kohl is a slightly war-toned chocolate brown.
- Slate Kohl is a grayish-charcoal shade with a slight sheen.
See more product photos and swatches… Continue reading →