Do you prefer liquid or pencil liner? And by pencil, I mean kohls, pencils, etc. Why?
This afternoon I received the most lovely surprise–a package from one of my very own readers. Tanya, a regular reader, and her son, Jacob, hand crafted me a cat-girl-doll (I’m gonna that is so utterly adorable. She has long eyelashes, pink lips, and even purple eyeshadow (is this not perfect for the blog?). There was also a handmade makeup bag in an olive green velvety fabric with a floral print inside. It feels absolutely luxe because of the outside fabric, and so durable because of the thickness and quality of the craft. I have already started using it, because well, I couldn’t resist, I adore it. Tanya also included a bath bomb from LUSH in All That Jasmine, which I cannot wait to use (it’ll be my first LUSH bath!).
Because of her generosity, I cannot help but share photos of the special handmade gifts she sent my way and thank her publicly for her efforts and thoughtfulness. It was truly an unexpected gesture and gift, and I cannot begin to express my appreciation and thankfulness. I started tearing up as soon as I realized who it was from and why I had a package from her! She reminded me of what makes the holidays such an amazing time of the year–it is a time when people spread love, good wishes, and maintain a spirit of holiday cheer.
THANK YOU TANYA & JACOB!
NEW YOU WITH NEW BEAUTY, FINALE! Win everything pictured above!
TEMPTALIA has put together a stocked-to-the-brim makeup soft case with so many products, it’ll blow you away! We are so stoked to be able to announce this finally, as this prize is worth $500! That’s right–$500 smackaroos–and it’s all yours for the taking (and it weighs over 10 pounds)! We want to be able to give one deserving reader the chance of a lifetime: a do-it-yourself makeover. We’re going to supply all of the goods so you can truly embrace your “New You” for 2008 with this jam-packed case of “New Beauty.”
Winner will receive…
- Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads
- Clinique Long Pretty Mascara
- Clinique Pink Bamboo Lipstick
- DuWop Lip Venom Trio
- Eminence Herbal Eye Makeup Remover
- Garnier Nutritioniste Ultra-Lift Lotion
- Hamadi Hair Mask
- John Masters Organics Linden Blossom Face Creme Cleanser
- Lancome Color Ideal Fond de Tente Perfecteur
- Lola Laptop To Go in Joy
- MAC Curiositease Cool Lip Set
- MAC Holiday 2007 Silver Brush Clutch
- MAC Holiday 2007 Silver Mini Clutch
- MAC Royal Assets Tan Lip Palette
- Maybelline Intense XXL Mascara
- Maybelline Last Stylist
- Maybelline Pure Makeup
- Pacifica Spanish Amber Natural Soap
- Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Perfume
- Roxy Shower Gel
- Sephora Blockbuster Palette
- Too Faced New Romantic Palette (Unicorn)
- VO5 Extreme Style Ultimate Hold Power Gel
- Large Silver Metallic Makeup Soft-Case
Now, read the instructions on how to enter to win this huge prize from Temptalia, plus a few rules. Continue reading →
BENEFIT: Receive FREE Next Day Air Shipping (US) with $50 purchase. Enter promo code JINGLE07 at checkout. Valid only on US purchases. Expires December 20th, 2007.
LUSH: Free shipping on orders of $99 or more through December 24th. Free upgrade to priority shipping when you select express shipping by noon PST December 20th, 2007.
MAC: Receive free 2-day shipping with code 2DAY, or $5 overnight shipping. Expires December 20th, 2007.
SEPHORA: Free upgrade to UPS 2-day or Overnight shipping, no promotion code necessary. Expires December 20th, 2007.
Last Minute Shopping Tips
- Gift cards are easy, no-fuss ways to get that last minute gift on-time. I know some loathe to give gift cards, but it’s always fun to pick out what you want later on. Tons of retailers offer e-gift cards, too, so you can still do it online and not hit the holiday madness at the mall!
- If you’re going out, GO EARLY! Malls are open bright and early this week, and probably next as well. I know mine opened at 8am everyday this week, and it truly is a ghost town at 8-9am. Think about other shops, too, like specialty grocery stores, stationary shops, etc. Gifts are everywhere, you just have to think about what kind of items you’re looking for and be inventive.
- Homemade gifts can be done in the next few days, and you won’t have to worry about expedited shipping, biting your nails wondering if FedEx is going to get to your door step on time (ahem). Try making your own ornaments, or a set, to give to a friend or family member. Craft stores sell tons of clear ornaments that you can fill with various decorative items, or toss in a photo or two of you and the giftee. Even a semi-homemade gift isn’t bad–fill up a basket with the giftee’s favorite foods and drinks, or splurge and get a fancy bottle of champagne or wine for them.
- Bake something delicious. Go for the gusto with a superb pastry that takes an hour or two in the kitchen. Or do what my boyfriend’s mother does: bake about twenty different holiday treats! She makes so many different desserts and cookies during the holidays, and then she makes goody bags for everyone she knows!
- IOUs may be frowned upon, but it can be done in a way where it isn’t the worst gift to be received. Try making a booklet of IOUs for your sweetie or even your mom. Make them like coupons so they can be redeemed; be creative and think of things the giftee might want done. Here are a few ideas: “Good for one back massage,” “Will wash dishes for a week,” “Good for one dinner out on me,” and “$100 shopping spree on me.”
Share your last-minute shipping deals in the comments! I know I’ve missed a few!
What are your favorite bath products? Shower gels, soaps, bubble bath makers… tell us what makes your shower so fantastic!
I am in love with LUSH Jingle Jelly shower gel myself! I also alternate between that and Bliss’ Snow Gel and Philosophy’s Raspberry Sorbet.
Overall, I enjoyed this collection enough that I found several products interesting enough to purchase. I felt like the lipsticks and lipglasses turned out to be my favorites, but I have been on a bit of lip kick lately. I really loved Back to Del Rio, Rozz Revival, Supersequin, and Utter Pervette! The glosses were all lovely, but of course I was attracted to both Avarice and Real Desire–two shades I would rarely wear. Nico Now is gorgeous and I think will be popular with most as it is quite the universal shade. Surprisingly, I found that I adored Daisychain and Ochre Style out of the eyeshadows–if we didn’t have Smoke Signals come out, I would love Charred and Clue, too. Parrot is as to be expected; I can’t see any difference myself from the original formulation. The pigments are all permanent, but they at least selected three shades that rock (Golden Olive, Melon, and Violet). The reflects glitters are to die for, but you should have already known that as I covered them in their entirety from my PRO store haul! Antique Gold is the must-get, if you like playing with color; Very Pink is a great glitter to use on cheeks and lips, though. The collection offers something to everyone, even if addicts had expected their favorite hard-to-find products. Don’t knock it ’til you swatch it!
For an in-depth review of individual products and shades, plus additional swatches… Continue reading →