Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
What’s your night time skin regimen? What steps do you go through or what products do you use?
For me: 1) remove makeup — I use either makeup remover wipes for really dark shadows or bold lips or a gel cleanser; 2) cleanse face (lovin’ Renee Rouleau, of course); 3) anti-aging treatment (if I’m testing one!); 4) moisturizer (usually a thick one); 5) lip balm/jelly.
P.S. – Weekend plans? Who has exciting plans? Who can’t wait to relax? I’ll be studying once again… last final is on Tuesday, thankfully! I scarcely even remembered that today was Saturday!
Honeyed Winter Mask | Dry skin face mask
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/4 cup honey
Directions: Split avocado in half, remove seed, and scoop out the inside of one half. Place it in a bowl and mash gently. Continue to mash as you stir in 1/4 cup of honey. If the mask is too thick, add a touch of milk to thin it out (be careful!). After mixture is thoroughly mixed, apply to face and allow to set for 5-10 minutes. Rinse off gently.
Have a favorite homemade beauty recipe? Share it with us in the comments and you might see it posted!
- Face:L’oreal Hip Foundation (tawny 316), Covergirl Loose Powder (translucent honey)
- Eyes: Black Radiance shadow creme (Halo/Jewel) used as base, Mac Pigments (Golden Lemon, Pink Pearl, Teal, Kitschmas), L’oreal Volume Shocking mascara, Maybelline Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner
- Lips: L’oreal Hip Lip Gloss (Mystical 258), Maybelline Shinylicious (Pink Sorbet 87)
You can catch a glimpse of her eyes closed, Continue reading →
Reality TV Star, Whitney Port Celebrated December 14th,”Happy Day” with Clinique
By Spreading Holiday Cheer with Random Acts of Happiness in New York!
This year Clinique recruited Whitney Port as our “Happy Ambassador.” On December 14th, she hit the streets of NYC to spread cheer through “Random Acts of Happiness.” To kick-off the day she took children from Big Brothers Big Sisters skating at Wollman Rink in Central Park. Clinique Happy Day is a day in which all Clinique employees, from the top down, work in-store to make our Clients holiday shopping experience more, well, “Happy.” Below please find suggested captions.
Learn more about this event that occurred earlier today, plus see more photos! Continue reading →
MAC COSMETIC’S PLUSHLASH MASCARA ($11.00)
A mascara formulated to instantly plump up lashes for extreme voluptuous effect. Works fast. Builds volume smoothly and evenly from root to tip. Delivers a silky, flexible, full fan of lashes. Fluid formula lightly coats lashes one layer at a time without smearing, smudging or clumping. Goes on via an innovative, specially patented wand with a v-shaped groove that prunes the bristles on one side while leaving the other side full and lush. The short bristles coax the lashes upward to an extraordinarily sophisticated yet flirtatious curl, while the other side separates and combs the lashes root-to-tip creating a long, well-defined glamour lash. Volumizing, lengthening, curling, lifting. This mascara features everything you want, with all the top mascara no’s: no clumping, spiking, smudging or flaking.
- Applicator: Medium-sized length, but fairly thick and dense brush.
- Clumping: No real clumping even after three full coats – just a touch, but nothing unexpected after going for the gusto with coats.
- Curl: It actually provides a minimal, natural curl — the curl shown here is courtesy of a lash curler, but the mascara lends a touch of curl for lazy days.
- Ease: Compared to a lot of mascaras I’ve tested, not nearly as easy. It does take some getting used to, because one side of the brush is sort of flat, while the other one isn’t. After a few applications, you should be able to get the hang of it, though!
- Length: Lovely length; long, luscious lashes that looked glorious!
- Thickening: Thicker is definitely better, and this mascara gets a thumbs up for giving me gorgeous, thick lashes.
- Volume: Oh, can you believe it? Length, thickening, and volume! Yes, it’s true; Plushlash surely pumps up the density, giving me a great full set of lashes.
- Best: I really love Plushlash because I feel like it delivers on all the points it says it should. I get amazing length, ultra thick, voluminous lashes. It holds a curl, and it never flakes. What’s even better? It’s only $11! I know some drugstore mascaras retail for $8 or so. I also love that you can keep piling on the coats without worrying too much about clumping.
- Worst: None, honest. The brush might require some practice to get the right results you want, but I swear it isn’t so complicated that you won’t get it.
Check out one more shot of the LENGTHENING POWER! that is Plushlash! Continue reading →
KEIRA KNIGHTLEY looks beyond flawless with her smooth, matte-velvet skin and perfectly pouty lips. Replicate Knightley’s insanely healthy skin by moisturizing face thoroughly before applying foundation. The finish is clearly matte, so we recommend MAC’s Studio Fix Fluid or Make Up Forever’s Mat+ Velvet liquid foundations. Apply dabs of foundation to your cheeks, chin, forehead, and nose using a concealer brush like the 194. Take a fluffy powder or buffer brush and spritz lightly with a mist of water or Fix+, and then use the brush to spread out the dabs of foundation from earlier. If you’re using the buffer brush, make sure to buff in small circles. For a fluffy powder brush, sweep wider circles when you can. For optimal results, set lightly with powder of your choice using a stippling brush like the 187; we want just enough to set the foundation, but we don’t want powder to be apparent. Contour cheeks ever-so-gently using a matte powder that’s a shade or two deeper than your natural skintone using a fluffy angled brush like the 168. Blush cheeks faintly with soft pink blush like MAC’s Desert Rose using the 129 or 150 fluffy powder brushes.
Her sexy, smoldering eyes look wide-open and awake. Apply your eyeshadow base of choice (a cult favorite is Urban Decay’s Primer Potion) all over the lid. With the 239 brush, apply MAC’s Bamboo eyeshadow all over lid, and dab just a touch of it on the inner tearducts. Next, apply MAC’s Woodwinked eyeshadow on the outer edge of the lid, blending softly into the lighter color with the 239. Using the 224, gently tap MAC’s Mulch eyeshadow into the outer crease; blend by softly swishing the brush over the crease area in a horizontal motion. Apply MAC’s Shroom eyeshadow from above the crease to underneath your brow as the brow highlight with the 239. For a highlight, make sure the one you choose is semi-matte or matte, because in this look, subtle shimmer is what it’s all about. With the 219, apply Woodwinked eyeshadow underneath the lower lash line. Apply MAC’s Graphblack technakohl to lower water line, and use a 266 brush with MAC’s Blacktrack fluidline to line upper lashes. Wing the black liner out just slightly for a very subtle cat-eye. Apply several coats of your favorite black mascara to finish the look.
Get Knightley’s deliciously plump lips by first lining lips with MAC’s Amber Ember cremestick liner. Apply MAC’s Hug Me lipstick from the tube or using a lip brush like the 316. Top with MAC’s Underage lipglass or Nice Buzz plushglass to finish your pout with a high glossy sheen.
What do you think of this look? Would you wear it?