Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
MAC Cosmetics Sugarsweet Collection
Launch Date: March 19th, 2009 (North America), April 2009 (International)
Who cares if the candy man can… it’s the cupcake ingenue who’s caught the sweet spot this season. Temptation is everywhere – luscious, whipped-cream decadent, deliciously decorative frosting colours and sugared almond combinations. Like peering through the window of a Parisian patisserie, you’ll want to become one of each! Have fun with a new Red Velvet recipe Shadestick. Tricolour Lipglass is like a mille feuille of layered lip gloss colours, each gives way to the next in a triple-layered pearl-swirl of prettiness; add extra yum to Eye Shadow; Perfect Topping Mineralize Skinfinish is the ultimate cake walk. We could eat you up.
- Sweet Thing Mid-tone magenta with multi dimensional pearl (Lustre)
- Bubbles Sheer frosty white beige (Glaze) (Repromote)
- Touch Peachy cinnamon (Lustre) (Permanent)
- Lollipop Loving Mid-tone coral with subtle green and gold iridescence (Glaze) (Repromote)
- Saint Germain Pastel pink (Amplified Creme) (Repromote, Perm international)
Tricolour Lipglass ($17.50)
- Tasty Top Sheer blue pink with reflects, Middle Mid-tone blue pink with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Dark creamy red pink
- Just Dessert Top Sheer yellow pink with reflects, Middle Mid-tone yellow pink with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Mid-tone creamy yellow pink
- Simpy Delicious Top Sheer peach with reflects, Middle Pale coral with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Creamy mid-tone coral
- Triple-Yum Top Sheer gold with gold reflects, Middle True gold with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Mid-tone bronze
- Consume Me Top Sheer white with reflects, Middle Pale mint with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Creamy light peach with pearlized pigments
- Sugarshot Pale frosty beige (Lustre)
- Dear Cupcake Mid-tone pink coral with gold pearlized pigments (Satin)
- Aquavert Soft mint with white pearlized pigments (Veluxe Pearl) (Repromote)
- Stars n Rockets Lavender with red/pink reflects (Veluxe Pearl) (Permanent)
- Club Muted reddish brown duochrome with green opalescent shimmer (Satin) (Permanent)
- Cakeshop Frosted light neutral beige
- Butternutty Frosted pale white gold
- Lemon Chiffon Frosted pewter
- Red Velvet Frosted mid-tone pink
- Penny Light pinky copper (Repromote)
Mineralize Skinfinish ($27.00)
- Perfect Topping Pink/peach/lavender melange
- Refined Tan/peach/coral melange
Nail Lacquer ($11.00)
- Peppermint Patti Creamy mint green (Cream)
- Seasonal Peach Creamy pale peachy pink (Cream)
See product photos… Continue reading →
MAC Colour Ready Collection
Launch Date: April 2nd, 2009 (North America), April 2009 (International)
- Show Orchid Vivid hot pink (PRO)
- Impassioned Amped up fuschsia (Perm)
- Bitter Vivid bright golden green flecked with shimmer (Perm)
- White Frost Vivid bright white with icy shimmer (Perm)
Penultimate Eye Liner ($16.50)
Eye Brows ($14.50)
- Stud Deep rich blackened brown (Perm)
Prep + Prime Line Filler ($19.50)
Prep + Prime Line Filler is a targeted deep wrinkle filler with long term skincare benefits that uses a unique technological breakthrough. Line Filler plumps and smoothes skin and drastically reduces the appearance of wrinkles and expression lines. A combination of Gatuline Expression™ and Argireline work together to relax the appearance of facial tension and expression lines, as well as boost the skin’s natural collagen production. Line Filler produces immediate results, but will also help eliminate the appearance of expression lines with continued use. The product is designed to be used under or over makeup and can also be used to touch up throughout the day.
Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone ($19.50)
Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone is a partial primer designed for use in the T-Zone. This lightweight, oil-free, soy-based emulsion instantly helps minimize visible pores while helping to control excess surface oil and shine. MAC employs High Tech Optics, an advanced technology powder and light diffusers to fill in lines. The result: an invisible, natural-looking, long-lasting matte finish that also helps keep pores clean, clear and unclogged. It mattifies and hides imperfections using advanced powders and microspheres while a Mannose-Phosphate blend gently exfoliates away dead cells giving the skin a more youthful look and silica particles absorb oil. In addition to immediately minimizing pore appearance and shine, 24% experience an increased luminosity and clarity of the skin. Additionally, clinical tests show that over time, the Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone reduces the appearance of clogged pores and shrinks the appearance of pores to nearly two-thirds of its original size.
Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder ($21.00)
Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder is not your usual translucent powder. With a virtually invisible feather-light, silky colorless application, the powder both reduces shine and maintains radiance due to a finely milled formula of corn starch, silica and micronized mica. Though it was designed to set and stabilize makeup, it can also be worn alone over moisturizer for a natural and radiant complexion. It was also a huge hit backstage during fashion week and was used at nearly every major show including Zac Posen, Badgley Mischka, Stella McCartney, Behnaz Sarafpour, Alberta Ferretti and Giles.
- 129SH All-purpose for blush or face powder. This brush is particularly good for blush application. The fibers are soft and form a full, rounded shape.
See product photos… Continue reading →
Temptalia Gives Away MAC Love Rock Mineralize Blush Duo!
We’re giving away one (1) MAC Love Rock Mineralize Blush Duo from very limited edition MAC Grand Duos Collection. Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post and telling us why you want to win.
All entries must be submitted by March 15th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. That’s it! This contest is only open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws.
Increase Your Chances to Win (For a total of three chances!)
Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!).
Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
Stila Cosmetics for Summer 2009
24 Karat Lip Gloss ($22.00)
- Vintage Merlot
- Brilliant Pink
- Golden Charm
- Radiant Sunset
- Precious Coral (Sephora Exclusive)
Charmed Palette ($28.00)
- Mid-tone copper, warm gold, intense teal, deep burgundy
Golden Noir Smudge Pot ($20.00)
Marigold Convertible Color Duo ($25.00)
- Combination of golden hues to bronze and highlight
Bronzing Tinted Moisturizer SPF15 with 24 Karat Gold ($32.00)
Loose Mineral Bronzing Powder with 24 Karat Gold ($34.00)
Mango Crush Lip & Cheek Stain ($24.00)
Availability: May 2009 at Sephora
See more photos! Continue reading →
The Best Mascaras for Summer
Clinique High Impact ($14.00) is a “tube” mascara, which means that it isn’t technically waterproof. Instead, it’s heat, sweat, and water resistant so long as it isn’t warm water. Since it isn’t waterproof, it washes off easier than waterproof mascara–just use warm water. You can see me wearing it here.
Maybelline Full ‘n Soft Waterproof ($7.00) gives you soft, full lashes that won’t smudge, flake, or fade away in the hotter summer months. I love this mascara for a more natural lash look, but I always have a tube of the waterproof stuff for those lazy summer days, too.
Prescriptives Here to Stay ($19.50) gives you lots of length, richness in blackness, and it’s designed to last you all day, literally–24 hours. It does a good job of holding up throughout the summer for sure.
L’Oreal Voluminous Waterproof ($8.00) gets you summerproofed lashes with lots of volume with wispy, lush lashes. I personally don’t like to wear waterproof mascaras everyday, so I often opt for solid, proven drugstore buys for my waterproof mascaras.
To learn more about or purchase these mascaras, check out Drugstore.com, Nordstrom.com, Prescriptives, and Sephora.com.
Don’t forget to check out our posts on: Best Mascaras — Thickening and Lengthening, Best Mascaras — Colored mascaras, and Best Mascaras for Natural Looking Lashes.
What are your favorite waterproof formulas?
Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share your answers with us in the comments section!
Instructions: Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share it with us in the comments section!
Do you follow makeup tutorials?: [answer]
What are you wearing on your lips RIGHT now?: [answer]
What three products are tempting you these days?: [answer]