Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
What five beauty tips would you give to a beginner? Share your suggestions!
I think I did a post on this before, actually! I know my #1 tip would be to use an eyeshadow base!
Beauty Brands Go Green & Natural
Looking for some beauty products that are made with more natural ingredients or are more earth-friendly? Here are brands and their products to consider!
- Yes to Carrots (A personal favorite brand!) offers a full line of body and skin care with attention paid to using natural ingredients. I am particularly fond of their body butters and lip butters.
- Alba is beauty care line that offers products that use pure plant proteins, natural botanicals, vitamins, and sea enzyles, plus inspiration from Hawaiian islands, to create their range of products.
- Giovanni is all about PureOrganic Technology, patented by Giovanni. I like this particularly brand for its availability in mass retailers, which makes it easier to acquire!
- Eco-Tools (Available at Target) is an eco-friendly line of cosmetic tools at low prices without sacrificing quality.
- LUSH — A cult favorite when it comes to beautifying youself in a more earth-friendly way.
- vedaPURE — This is a fabulous line for those concerned with chemicals in their beauty products, especially moms-to-be. (Also, if you’re already a mom with little ones, offers several safe and natural soaps and hand washes for kids.)
- Revolution Organics — Check out their new Freedom Glow Beauty Balm and Freedom Glosses! (Also, their Balm is fantastic. Just ran out of mine after several months!)
- Suki is a line uses 100% pure and organic formulas. It supports fair trade, organics, and local soucing while remaining cruelty free. They avoid leaving any carbon footprint by making products fresh by hand. They use glass packaging instead of plastic packaging to reduce waste. Even their packaging and shipping materials use organic cornstarch peanuts and unbleached newsprint papers.
- Josie Maran is offering an Earth Day Kit, which contains a deluxe sample of Argan Oil, Daring Plumping Lip Gloss, Sunrise Cream Blush, Black Mascara, and Black eyeliner for $48.00.
- Sally Hansen is now offering eco-friendly nail boards for just under a dollar each. It is made with recycled and natural materials, like a pressed paper and coating of natural mineral abrasives as opposed to artificial abrasives and layers of foam.
- Rimmel London recently launched their Lasting Finish Mineral Powder Foundation. It is designed to be “makeup-as-skincare.” It is a sheer but buildable formula that goes on smoothly.
- L’Oreal’s EverPure line of hair products are 100% vegan and sulfate free.
Try shopping at eco-friendly (and eco-chic!) boutiques like Vert for your green beauty needs.
Beauty Brands Are Giving Back for Earth Day
- Amala is a 100% certified organic skin and body care line. The line is formulated using only whole plant ingredients with each custom distilled to manage its potency. All ingredients are ethically harvested from fair-trade farm partners around the world. You won’t find chemical perservatives, petrochemicals, parabens, or genetically modified ingredients in their products. 5% of net profits are returned to Amala’s fair trade growers and sustainability projects each year. (I am, thus far, LOVING their line!)
- Zirh is donating 5% of all online sales during the month of April to The Elephant Sanctuary, which is a non-profit organization that provides a haven for endangered African and Asian elephants just outside of Nashville, Tennessee.
- LUSH is giving away complimentary Seed Bombs from April 13th through the 26th. Each bomb contains soil,s eeds, water, and clay. When planted, flowers native to North America will start to grow.
- Jurlique is offering a travel-size sample of Purely Age-Defying Eye Cream, Purely Age-Defying Facial Serum, or an Herbal Recovery Neck Serum with the donation of three empty Jurlique products to a local Jurlique store from April 18th through April 25th.
- Smashbox Cosmetics is pitching in at The Surfrider Foundation’s Santa Monica Beach cleanup on Wednesday, April 22nd from 9 to 11AM. You can join them in helping to keep California’s coastline clean. They will also have Trees for the Future plant a tree for every Mother Earth Palette purchased.
- Kiehl’s is celebrating Earth Day by partnering with celebrities to help raise funds for Waterkeeper Alliance. They partnered with Adrian Grenier, Erykah Badu, Kelly Slater, and a team of students from Parsons The New School for Design to create four limited edition bottles of Superbly Restorative Argan Body Lotion, with 100% of net proceeds to benefit Waterkeeper Alliance. Visit www.kiehlsgivesback.com to learn more.
- Paul Mitchell Schools are offering hair cuts for $10 to 15 from April 20th through April 24th, and the schools will donate hair clippings to Matter of Trust, an organization that creates absorbent hair mats to soak up oil at oil spills across the country.
- Neocutis Skin Care is donating $1 to the Sturge-Weber Foundation for each unit sold throughout the entire month of May.
- Lisa Hoffman Beauty is giving 20% of the proceeds from the Spa Bath and Spa Shower Collections to the Rainforest foundation.
- Fresh is offering a 20% discount on select best-selling items that contain their iconic, natural ingredients. They will also donate 10% of the day’s in-store and online proceeds to The Climate Group.
If you were using MAC Shadowy Lady eyeshadow?, what look would you create with it? What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips?
Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product! Feel free to share links to photos of your look(s) using it in the comments.
MAC Cosmetics has A Rose Romance Collection available for purchase (and admittedly, since yesterday!). Use code ROSE for free shipping! I personally prefer shopping through Nordstrom.com, if only because I do get reward points and I can always select pick up in-store and not pay shipping. (Or, if you’re like me, you often qualify for free shipping since you tend to overspend!) Just do a search for the individual products on Nordstrom to find ‘em.
We’ll have full product photos, swatches, and a detailed review for you all tomorrow, when we can head down and get everything in-store! But for now, check out our coverage so far!
Did you purchase anything? Eagerly waiting some goodies? Can’t wait to head to your local MAC tomorrow bright and early? (That’s me!) Fill out this little survey all about Rose Romance!
Top three items that appeal to you:
Products you’re most likely to get:
Products you’re most likely to skip:
What you’re hoping you don’t like:
I’ve filled out mine, so fill out yours! Continue reading →
Plus, orders placed on April 22nd (today) will get to choose four free skincare samples with any online orders while supplies last at Origins.
HauteLook is having a Josie Maran sale!
Glosses for $8, powders for $12, prepackaged sets from $24 and higher… go and browse!
(The link above is an invite-link, as HauteLook is invite-only, so if you aren’t a member, ta-da! Yes, I do get a referral credit if you join and purchase something, but I post because it’s a deal and who doesn’t love a deal?)