Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
One of my favorite colors, especially on deeper skintones, is this shade of pale yellow; it’s not too sallow nor too bright. It has just enough oomph to bring out your natural glow, while still being quite spring/summery. If you want to go big, try an eye that has primary yellow on the lid–you can match this with oranges, pinks, and even greens. For some coordinating, but much more subtle, try a pale yellow eye with colors like Nylon, Going Bananas, Goldmine, etc. Go for a pale yellow lid with a darker gray or black in the crease for a subtle smoky eye. I like coral lips for this look, or maybe pale peach lips, too. Keep cheeks in line with your look–avoid bright corals if your eyes are dolled up. Love peachy and coral-toned blushes like Margin and Springsheen.
Check out suggested looks: one, two, & three. Dress is available at Nordstrom.com for $340.
What do your friends think about your beauty addiction? Do you have a ton of gal pals that dig it with you? Do they laugh when you gush over the latest haul?
Wedding Makeup for the Body & Nails: Product recommendations & suggestions for your bridal makeup or special occasional makeup. A product marked with a * means it is Temptalia tried, tested, and approved. A product marked with ** means that is Temptalia’s Top Pick.
See more product recommendations and suggestions… Continue reading →
Oh, Nordstrom’s, how you tempt me, let me count the ways… Dior Golds 569 quint is calling to me. I am rarely so tempted by high end brands like Chanel, Dior, etc., so when something nearly inspires me to buy, it’s an occasion to mark down! I reviewed and used the Goldfever quint a couple of weeks ago, but boy do I wish I had the Golds quint instead! This one is full of colors that are utterly me (okay, except the white color). (Hey, anyone want to trade?!) What stopped me from caving? Oh, the fact that just five minutes before I already sealed the deal with some fantastic new high heels (BCBGirls Saraff, $110!) that will kill my feet…
Dior Goldrush Summer collection is now available, btw! And of course, BCBGirls Saraff Slingback Sandals. Damn you Nordstrom’s! You get me every visit!
OVERALL, Dazzleglass introduces sixteen wearable shades of ultra high gloss/sheen lipgloss that’s bound to, ahem, dazzle. It’s great that MAC introduced so many at once just for the fact that you’re bound to be drawn to at least one or two of them! The consistency is thicker than lustreglass, maybe even as thick or thicker than lipglass, but with less stickiness than lipglass (though they still felt a little tacky to me). The glitter doesn’t feel particularly gritty in the swatch, though I personally felt that as they wore away through the day that some did feel gritty. After playing with them a bit, it really does seem like these are colored glosses mixed with reflects glitters–the new ones, the ultra finely milled ones. The texture of the glitter in these is nearly identical to reflects glitters (again, the newer ones that are finely milled). The packaging for this is larger than either lipglass/lustreglass, but it is not a glass tube as far as I could tell–it sounded and felt like plastic (nor were they very heavy), but they are kind of like test tubes. If you love super high reflecting glosses… check these out! They really do look amazing on lips, especially in sunlight (looks like shimmering water!).
- Pleasure Principle is the sheerest of the sixteen Dazzleglasses, primarily because it’s intended to be a very sheer, semi-clear glossy color. Cute to put on top of colors!
- Sugarrimmed is similar to Pleasure Principle, but it’s more of a white with pink undertones in it.
- Bare Necessity is a pale peach color with great iridescence/reflection. If you have paler lips, this would be a great beachy/summery color.
- Baby Sparks is a baby pastel pink with cool reflects, and I see this one being quite popular.
- Rags to Riches is a soft pastel mauvey-pink kind of color with multi-colored reflects.
- Get Rich Quick is a warm brown with pink reflects that is more wearable than you’d think.
- Money, Honey is a darker medium pink with equivalent reflects that go pink and fuchsia-purple. This one stood out the most to me in terms of something I’d wear often.
- Date Night is a dark berry color with a burgundy tone and pink reflects. Very pretty and suited to its name.
- Steppin’ Out is a brighter baby pink than Baby Sparks with warm tones, so I think those who’ve been wanting a light pink gloss will find either or both suitable for them.
- Love Alert is a pink-fuchsia that’s fairly bright, but as the Dazzleglasses are all fairly sheer, it’s wearable.
- Glamour O.D. is a warm pink with coral undertones and pink reflects. It’s a cute color.
- Spanking Rich is a darker pink with peach-berry undertones with multi-colored reflects.
- Like Venus is surprisingly pretty, very much a light purple-pink with light pink reflects. I was tempted by this one!
- Funtabulous is a bright fuchsia-purple color with cool purple reflects. Like Love Alert, it looks quite bold when swatched.
- Ms. Fizz is a medium pink with purple undertones – similar to Steppin’ Out except it does have that purple-fuchsia dimension to it.
- Comet Blue is a cool blue with a little bit of gray undertones. It’s not straight blue, nor pastel blue, but a mix.
See more swatches… Continue reading →
Tell us why/what you love, hate, or are indifferent about… LIMITED EDITION COLLECTIONS!