Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale – Beauty Gift With Purchases
Gift With Purchases
- Anthony Logistics | Requires $30.00 Purchase | Includes: 1.0 oz. shave cream
- Bliss | Requires $75.00 Purchase | Includes: FatGirlSlim (.34 fl. oz.), Fabulous Foaming Face Wash, Lemon+Sage Body Butter
- Clarins | Requires TBA | Includes: Choice from four different sets
- Dior | Requires $75.00 Purchase | Includes: Zippered cannage pouch in gunmetal faux leather.
- Dr. Perricone | Requires $150.00 Purchase | Includes: 7ml Advanced Eye Area Therapy, .5oz Concentrative Resorative Treatment in Drawstring bag
- Erno Laszlo | Requires $100.00 Purchase | Includes: .5oz TranspHuse Topical, .25oz TranspHuse Eye, 7ml TranspHuse Night in Black Organza Bag
- Estee Lauder | Requires $29.50 Purchase | Includes: Compact with 9 Pure Color Eyeshadows, Pure Color Lipstick in wild Ginger(exclusive to Nordstrom)More Than Mascara in black,Artist Eye Pencil in Black, Renutriv Intensive Lifting Cream. 3 Cosmetic bags in Purple, Teal and Green
- Freeze 24/7 | Requires $200.00 Purchase | Includes: Deluxe Sample of Plump Lips, Double Scoop and Ice Crystals in travel bag
- Guerlain | Requires $200.00 Purchase | Includes: Orchidee Imperiale Cream 5ml, Orchidee Imperiale Eye & Lip Cream 2ml, Deluxe Mini Kiss Kiss Lipstick #570 in a black suede pouch
- La Mer | Requires $300.00 Purchase | Includes: .24oz Crème,.17oz Lifting Face Serum,1oz Body Crème, 1oz Cleansing Gel, 1oz Cleansing Lotion all in La Mer shopping bag
- Lancome | Requires $29.50 Purchase | Includes: Definicils in black, Bifacils,Color Design Eye shadow quad, Cream Radiance cleanser, Choose:your Lipcolor Le Rouge Absolue in Amande or Cream de Marron Choose: your Moisturizer, High Resolution Anti Wrinkle Cream or Renergie Microlift RARE. Lancome tote bag in Blue or Red.
- La Prairie | Requires $300.00 Purchase | Includes: 3ml Cellular Radiance Eye Cream, 7ml Cellular Anti-Wrinkle Sun SPF30, 4ml Cellular Treatment Gold Illusion Filler in La Prairie carryall.
- Prevage | Requires $98.00 Purchase | Includes: Signature Elizabeth Arden red. Impeccably tailored in faux snakeskin.
- YSL | Requires $100.00 Purchase | Includes: YSL Cruise Pouch large black w/mini Lux Mascara #1, Eye Pencil #1 and La Laque #34.
See more images… Continue reading →
What discontinued beauty product do you miss the most? Have you been able to replace it yet?
MAC Mari-sheeno lipstick. That is all!
Make Up For Ever #79 Eyeshadow
Let’s talk purples!
- #79 is a dirty mauve-plum kind of shade. It’s a bit muted, which makes it an excellent color for smoky eyes, but it’s also nice for subduing bolder colors. It has a slight iridescence to it, but it isn’t overly frosty. I thought the pigmentatoin was good as well.
- #160 is a matte eggplant shade of purple. I really love using this with pinks and purples in the crease. It also works really well all over the lid and then a matte black in the crease for an ultra smoky eye. #160 is smooth and has plenty of color for you to enjoy.
- #142 is a shimmery medium purple with a silver sheen/shimmer to it. This isn’t quite as lovely as I was hoping, as it could pump out more color right away, but it layers decently so you can still get a more intense color if that’s what you want (like me).
- #92 is one of the brand’s more famous eyeshadows. It’s a matte, bold shade of violet-purple. It’s incredibly bright, and it goes on smoothly and packs a lot of color from the get go. I haven’t used this yet in a look, but I’m definitely eager to!
- #89 is a soft, pearly fuchsia-purple shade with slight violet sheen. It reminds me of a lighter, less frosty version of MAC’s Stars ‘n Rockets.
Which of these are your favorites?
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Best Flat Iron? What product wins this category?
Beauty Basics: MAC Face Brushes
Beauty Basics is a series covering basic products and tools that help to make applying your makeup easier. To view the entire series to date, be sure to visit the beauty basics, or you can view posts within the series about MAC Face Brushes.
Focus On: MAC 190 Foundation Brush
MAC 190 Foundation Brush ($32.00) is a flat, paddle-shaped brush with very rounded edges and almost comes to a soft, rounded point. It’s fairly small, and it is thin. It’s a firm, densely-packed brush with fibres that make it easy to use with liquid and cream products, particularly foundations. I like it more for initially applying liquid/cream products onto the face rather than as a tool to blend or actually give me full coverage. I find fluffy brushes like the 109 are much more to my taste for application of foundations, but they can get a bit gummed up if you simply get the foundation on it from the get-go. Often using the 190 to dab on the product to my face, and then using the 109 to blend it out, works best for me. While a quality brush, I rarely reach for it, so I wouldn’t consider it a must-have.
How do you like to use this brush?
See close-ups… Continue reading →
Urban Decay Ink For Eyes is creamy, eye liner goodness!
For fall, Urban Decay launched Ink For Eyes ($22.00 each), which is a brand new cream eyeliner available in six shades just dead-on perfect for the upcoming fall season. Urban Decay tells us their secret ingredient is Nylon 12, which is an ingredient that limits drag for a smoother, more precise application while it softens and absorbs excess oil. I put on Zero yesterday, and it didn‘t smudge or fade on me, so I’m pretty happy with the wear on these so far.
The packaging is sleek and edgy, with a peacock drawing on the cover of the gunmetal-gray box. Flip it open, and you’ll find a sleek, narrow mirror, a double-ended brush (smudge tip and angled brush), plus the star – a strip of the actual ink.
- Binge is a rich, dark navy blue. It’s blue without being bright, and it’s dark without losing all of the blue. It’s definitely more navy blue than black-blue, too. You can also go less heavy to get a little more blue to stand out or go heavier and get a deeper color.
- Empire is a deep violet-purple with a little bit of sheen/glimmer. It’s pigmented, smooth, and really creamy when applied with a brush.
- Demolition is a deep, dark brown. It’s not too warm–almost seems cool-toned to me–and intense. Very creamy and chocolately.
- Zero is an intense, rich black. There’s really not much else to describe it as — it’s really quite black! I am *all* over liners and mascaras that are this rich in black.
- Loaded is a medium-deep forest green with tiny greenish-silver shimmer. It has good color pay off, and I love that it’s noticeably green, but it isn’t bright or OTT at all.
- Pyrotechnics is a sheer, glittery base. It has multi-colored glitter and goes on mostly clear. Layer it over one of the others or underneath one of the others to add more glitz!
Of the six, my favorites would have to be Zero (for how pitch-black it is), Empire (because can you just imagine how gorgeous it would be with Fishnet layered on top?), and Pyrotechnics (love that you can add glitter in an easy-to-use pencil form). What are your favorites? Have you tried these yet?
See product photos and swatches… Continue reading →