Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Eyeshadows: Gesso, Forgery, Silver Ring, Idol Eyes
MAC Eyeshadow Swatches – Grays, Silvers, & Blacks
My weekend present to all of you are swatches of (most) MAC’s permanent eyeshadows — on skin! If you’ve been reading the blog for awhile, you may have caught when we did posts of these, but on paper (here and here). Due to the amount of requests for skin swatches, here they are!
Check out more swatches… Continue reading →
Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow/Liner ($19.00 each) is available in twelve different shades, ranging from soft white-gold to golden brown to gray. The Creaseless Cream Shadow is a crease-proof formula that can be sheered out or layered for a more intense effect.
I found that they did indeed live up to their name — they didn’t crease or smudge on me at any point during the day, when worn alone or as a base. I will say they did seem to perform better when used as a base, but I imagine most cream-based products do. Since I didn’t notice any creasing or fading when they were worn alone, I think they held up incredibly without anything on top, too. All of the shades I tried had a light sheen or subtle shimmer to them, which was just fine with me, but I’d definitely love to see Benefit add some more matte shades to the line-up in the future.
If you’re a big fan of MAC paint pots, I think you’d adore these! I found these more blendable/buildable than some paint pots, and I didn’t have as much trouble blending shadows on top of the deeper shades as I have with some of MAC’s darker colored paint pots (e.g. Nice Vice).
Creaseless Cream Eyeshadows
- R.S.V.P. is a slightly warmed-up champagne shade with not much shimmer but more of a golden sheen. This makes for an excellent all-over lid color when you need a quick look, but it also works well as a base shade, particularly for golds and greens.
- Skinny Jeans is a smoky, pewter-green shade. It’s kind of like like gray meets green meets gold. So, basically, all sorts of awesome. (I’m totally obsessed with the color pewter–go figure!) I love using this as a liner on the lower lash line or as a base for a really dark green smoky eye.
- Stiletto is a soft, reddish-burgundy shade flecked with microfine golden shimmer. I found this to be one of the sheerer shades just from the get-go, but it layers really well so you can increase the intensity if you want to use it on the lid. When I used an angled eyeliner brush to apply it as liner, I didn’t have any sheerness issues, it was pretty deep and intense.
- Tattle Tale is an opaque shade of white-gold with golden shimmer laced throughout. This was one of my favorites, just because it looks amazing on my warmer skin tone. It works well as an all-over lid color, neutral base (and I love that it’s a bit on the white side, so it helps colors pop more), as well as a highlighter on cheeks! Gotta love a multi-tasker!
- Busy Signal is a golden-toned bronze-copper shade. It’s incredibly pigmented, needing just one thin layer to get intense color. It is definitely a little warm, but not overly so. It seems almost neutral at times. I found I preferred to use this one as a liner than an eyeshadow (just because I personally prefer to use cream shadows as bases rather than individual shadows).
- Strut is a silver-gray with slight bluish-gray sheen. If you want a smoky eye, try this as a base!
- Flatter Me is a neutral, slightly subdued pinky shade with a little bit of peach and gold shimmer. I think those with cooler toned skin may find this perfect for an all-over color when warmer, more golden tones shades don’t work. I’m warm-toned, but I still like this as a soft lid color. It also can double as a blush if you work quickly with it!
- Birthday Suit is a soft, antique gold shade, which means I am ALL over it. It is such a gorgeous shade, and it has great pigmentation. I love it for layering with brown and gold shadows, as well as greens. I love wearing this alone or as a liner.
- Get Figgy is a mauvey-pink with slight golden shimmer. I liked this one with purple shadows, as well as some pinks, but I did find myself reaching for it more as a liner than a base color.
See more product photos and swatches… Continue reading →
HauteLook is having a Stila sale!
The sale is going on now at HauteLook! SO exciting! They have a ton of the Barbie Loves Stila products at 50% off! I ended up picking up all of the 24KT glosses, the Barbie eyeshadow quad, and the Barbie shoe eyeshadow trio. $107 shipped (including tax!) — not bad at all. Saved like $90!
I want to hear about any hauls you make, too!
(The link above is an invite-link, which is a referral link. HauteLook has opened up membership, so you are free to sign up on your own, if you wish! )
Waterlily, Unity, Bel Air
Though “old” news now, Chanel’s Les Naturels de Chanel was a brief reprieve from the transition from summer to fall collections as it debuted in June. I thought I’d share the Glossimers ($27.00 each), just because who doesn’t like to peep out Chanel?
- Waterlily is a soft, shimmering pink with a bit of beige to it. The shimmer is a mix of peach and gold, and it transfers well to lips. There’s not a lot of color, but there is plenty of sparkle going on!
- Unity is a bronzy shimmering gloss with multicolored shimmer in a sheer, brownish-peach base. This one was the most pigmented of the three when I applied them to my lips.
- Bel Air is a semi-sheer, creamy mellowed out pink. It goes on slickly, makes lips look luscious and plump. I did get decent color out of this shade, despite it seeming like it would end up being pretty sheer. Instead, my lips looked like a nice, neutral shade of pink with an ultra glossy finish.
Of the three, Waterlily was my favorite, just because I love me some shimmering goodness, and if it’s gold shimmer, I’m probably already half-way in love.
See swatches and lip swatches… Continue reading →
Nordstrom.com is now up and open with this year’s Anniversary Sale!
Every year, I always get excited about the sale, just because I tend not to purchase much besides shoes and beauty products from Nordstrom… but the sale always allows me a little more room to maneuver and consider other purchases, too. Time to get tempted! Happy shopping — share your hauls in the comments!
I ended up getting two pairs of BCBGirls pumps and a pair of blue suede flats!
Deluxe Eyeshadows for the Luxe Lovin’
Urban Decay really outdid themselves this season with the sheer amount of new products they launched! With the fall comes three new shades of their deluxe eyeshadow ($18.00 each) in Freakshow, Ruthless, and Frigid. These are actually some of the first single eyeshadows for me — I’ve mostly just experienced their extremely high-in-value palettes they’ve put out All three shades are smooth, pigmented, and easy to blend.
- Ruthless is a champagne shade with just a touch of silver sheen.
- Freakshow is a deep, rich purple with a little bit of red tones to it. It has a cool violet-blue sheen.
- Frigid is a dark blue with purple mixed in and a soft, silvery-blue sheen.
Anyone else snatch these up yet?
See more photos and swatches… Continue reading →