Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Tried to do something quick and easy, this was the result! Hope your week is off to a great start! Tutorial to follow shortly!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), Un-Basic White eyeshadow (frosty white), Ego eyeshadow (medium pink), Fashion Groupie eyeshadow (purple), Ricepaper eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), Rave pearlglide liner (purple), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Plum Foolery blush (plummy pink); Dior Rose Diamond Skin Shimmer (pink highlighter)
- Lips: Chignon lipstick (sheer dark berry), Fast Friends lipglass (sheer purple)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Un-Basic White = White Frost; Ego = Pink Venus; Fashion Groupie = Satellite Dreams; Rave = Ransom (Urban Decay); Chignon = Desire; Fast Friends = Cultured
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, pack Un-Basic White eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply Ego eyeshadow to the middle portion of the lid. Darken crease with Satellite Dreams eyeshadow using the 226. Sweep Ricepaper eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Rave Pearlglide Liner on lower lash line. Apply Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Plum Foolery blush using the 129, then highlight with Dior Rose Diamond Skin Shimmer with the 188. Apply Chignon lipstick to lips, and then top with Fast Friends lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
MAC Cosmetics Magic, Mirth, and Mischief Collection for Holiday 2009
U.S. Launch Date: October 15th, 2009
International Launch Date: November 2009
Lipstick ($14.00 U.S.)
- Pervette Soft bright pink with violet opalescent shimmer (Glaze) (Permanent)
- Utter Fun Fuchsia cherry pink (Limited Edition)
- Surprise Me Mid-tone peach (Limited Edition)
- Total Wow! Blue pink berry (Limited Edition)
Dazzleglass ($18.00 U.S.)
- She-Zam Sheer silver with silver and red pearl (Limited Edition)
- Jingle Jangle Sheer yellow peach (Limited Edition)
- Phiff! Yellow pink with red and sapphire pearl (Limited Edition)
Cremesheen Glass ($18.00 U.S.)
- Ever So Rich Sheer lilac (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Partial to Pink Light creamy yellow pink with light gold pearl (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Boy Bait Light neutral beige with pearl (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
Softsparkle Eye Pencil ($14.50 U.S.)
- Iris Accents Pale violet with silver pearl (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Nightsky True black with silver pearl (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
Mineralize Eye Shadow Duo ($19.50 U.S.)
- Devil-May-Care Base: Rich light violet, Crescent: Silver (Limited Edition)
- Under Your Spell Base: Light yellow peach pink, Crescent: Rich copper (Limited Edition)
- Mayhem Base: Dirty brown gold, Crescent: Silver (Limited Edition)
- Midnight Madness Base: Dirty grey brown, Crescent: Gold (Limited Edition)
- It’s A Miracle Base: Deep blue burgundy, Crescent: Gold (Limited Edition)
- Blue Sorcery Base: Bright Turquoise, Crescent: Silver (Limited Edition)
Mineralize Blush ($21.00 U.S.)
- Su Perdu Pernatural Mid-tone coral (Limited Edition)
- Conjure Up Dirty, mid-tone plum (Limited Edition)
Nail Lacquer ($12.00 U.S.)
- $$$ Yes Metallic silver foil (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Lucky Number Metallic blue pink (Limited Edition)
See more images… Continue reading →
Temptalia Gives Away MAC Smoke & Diamonds Eyeshadow!
We’re giving away one (1) MAC Smoke & Diamonds Eyeshadow, from the limited edition MAC Love That Look Collection.
Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post and telling us what your favorite smokey eye consists of!
All entries must be submitted by August 7th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Increase Your Chances to Win…
For a total of FIVE chances! Just remember you must leave a comment on this post to get entered initially. Please be sure to use a valid e-mail address.
2. Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!).
3. Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
4. Join our Forums! (please include your Forum user name OR use the same e-mail address.)
5. Twitter to Win! Simply copy and paste the following tweet: “Entered to win MAC Smoke & Diamonds. Follow @temptalia & RT to enter! http://tinyurl.com/m4577w“
Congratulations Gabby R.! Thank you for participating!
What kind of makeup do you like to look at? Avant garde? Dramatic? Natural?
I like it all, but I probably prefer bolder looks!
Guerlain – KissKiss Lipstick, Stick Gloss, Extreme Lipstick – Swatches
Guerlain’s KissKiss Lipstick ($30.00 for 0.12 oz.) is an extremely creamy, opaque formula that goes on like a dream and lasts for hours. The lipsticks are never drying and make lips feel hydrated and soft. KissKiss Extreme Lipstick ($30.00 for 0.12 oz.) is similar, but touted to be able to prevent your lipstick from smudging or bleeding. Personally, I find the original lipstick formula to be better than the Extreme one; I don’t find the Extreme is really that bleed-free. However, Extreme has a less glossy finish and more of a semi-matte look to it.
KissKiss Stick Gloss ($30.00 for 0.11 oz.) is a sheer, gloss-in-solid-form lipstick. I’m not in love with these, as I find them fairly sheer and feel like I need to use more product for each application (therefore, I imagine I’d go through a tube much faster). These reminded me a bit of MAC’s Slimshines – fun and nice to use, but you just use them up way too fast. Stick Gloss is extremely moisturizing and has a very nice, ultra glossy look when applied to lips.
Where to Buy: Nordstrom.com
See swatches… Continue reading →
Guerlain – KissKiss Gloss – Product Photos & Swatches
Guerlain KissKiss Gloss ($29.00 each) is one of my favorite lipgloss formulas. It’s not too thin, not too thick, and it has a great non-sticky texture. The lipgloss itself is hydrating on lips, and it lasts 4-5 hours on me with no problems. One cool thing about the gloss is that Guerlain designed it to be water-resistant, as well. Each gloss contains 0.20 oz. of product.
For comparison, a MAC Lipglass contains 0.17 oz. for $14.00, while a MAC Dazzleglass contains 0.06 oz. for $18.00. These are extremely similar to Dazzleglass (actually, since KissKiss Gloss has been around longer, it’s really more like Dazzleglass is similar to it) in texture, feel, and shimmer. I find that KissKiss Glosses can run sheer or more opaque, depending on the shade itself. My Nordstrom carried ten different shades in-store, but I think there are around twenty or so permanently available shades. I did a review of three of the shades awhile back, but you can see that here.
KissKiss Laque is a creamy, opaque high-shine gloss. It’s available in less than ten shades and retails for $28.00 each, with each gloss contianing 0.20 oz. of product. My local counter only carried two of these, and both shades are new for summer/fall. If you’re not a shimmery/glittery lip kind of person, these are more of a full color, high-gloss lip without the shimmer.
Where to Buy: Nordstrom.com
See product photos and swatches… Continue reading →