Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
If you were using Benefit Tattle Tale Cream Eyeshadow?, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Did you come up with a look you’d like to share featuring today’s product? You can link to your images, embed your images using HTML, or you can submit your images via e-mail to share them with readers to help give them inspiration on how to use the product!
True Blue Morocco Cedarood & Spice Warming Body Scrub is a Bit Cool
Cedarwood & Spice Warming Body Scrub ($15.00 for 6 oz.) is a spicy, exotic smelling body scrub. It’s designed to warm on contact with the skin to be both soothing and invigorating.
It’s a mild exfoliant with a very fine particles, actually feels fine enough to be more of a body polish than a scrub. I actually found that there was not enough scrubbies in it to really make an effective scrub, just because you either use a ton or you end up having them sparsely on your legs/arms. I did, however, really enjoy the warming sensation! I just wished the warmth would last longer or allow me to spread it out a bit more before the sensation began. I found it worked well in spots, but it didn’t work so well when I wanted to lather and massage it into a larger area of skin (e.g. a leg).
So, if it doesn’t do much scrubbing and the warming sensation is short-lived, what makes me like this product anyway? Because it smells divine! It is a fairly strong aroma of sandalwood, amber, musk, and cedarwood. It’s very spicy and woody–very masculine in a way. I like! I’m just a fan of some of these darker, woodier scents, and it actually lingers on skin all day long. I’ve found most body scrubs and gels to have great scents while I’m in the shower, but they fade shortly after I’ve toweled dry. That is certainly not the case here–the scent is noticeable but not overwhelming; you could layer with a similar scented body lotion, too, but even alone, it works as a very subtle, muted fragrance.
This product has so much potential to be amazing–I really would love to see the addition of more scrub particles so it actually exfoliates well. Even though it doesn’t feel like there is much scrubbing action, it does leave skin soft and smooth wherever you do scrub, and the scrubbing particles don’t disappear/melt away quickly, so you can massage it in a bit. I like more in my scrub, but perhaps there are others who like a much finer, lighter scrub.
- Product: 6/10
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 7/10
- Packaging: 8/10
Recommendation: If it weren’t for the heady spicy, woody scent, I might find this product pretty useless. Because I do love the scent and it lingers throughout the day, I do find myself reaching it for often. It can also be nice to use on specific, targeted areas like feet or on a strained muscle to take advantage of the warming sensation.
Availability: Bath & Body Works
Beauty Bargains: This Week’s Coupons, Sales, & Promotions
- Bath & Body Works: 3 for $10 Mix & Match on Travel Size Products; 2 for $20 Mix & Match on Select Products; 2 for $20 Candles; $3 Room Fragrances; $5 Hand Sanitizer. Expires 9/2/09.
- Benefit Cosmetics: Save up to 50% off at Benefit’s Summer Sale-abration! Sale ends 8/31/09. Free shipping on any $50 purchase, use code PRETTY50. For international, free shipping with $115 purchase, use code WORLD115.
- Bobbi Brown: Free Full Size Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Indigo Ink with $65 Order. ($21 Value) OFFER Code: BEST5 required. One time use. Expires 10/15/09
- Prescriptives: Free Standard Shipping with any $35 Prescriptives.com purchase, use offer code FREESHIP3 at checkout. Expires 12/31/09.
- Clinique: Receive a FREE trial-size Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 in Air Kiss plus FREE Shipping with any $35 clinique.com purchase. Enter offer code LGLOSS at check out. Expires 9/30/09.
- Korres: Save 30% off with code TEMPTALIA. Expires 9/15/09.
- Lisa Hoffman Skincare: Save 15% off with code TEMPTALIA. Expires 10/31/09.
- Saks 5th Avenue: Receive a Powder Pink Collection with any Bobbi Brown purchase of $100 or more. Includes a full-size Petal Lip Gloss tucked inside a mini pink nylon cosmetics case. Use code BBROWN2. Expires 11/02/09.
- Sephora: FREE Lip Polish! Get a FREE full-sized Bare Escentuals Buxom lip gloss in Charity ($18 value) when you buy a Bare Escentuals Get Started Kit. Enter code BECHARITY at checkout. Expires 8/31/09.
- Sephora: FREE Korres sample! Try their NEW age-reversing oak night cream that dramatically reduces wrinkles! Enter code KORRESOAK at checkout. Expires 8/31/09.
- Sephora: Sale section — save up to 75% off.
- Sephora: FREE Ren Body Kit! Get 2 body washes and 2 body creams ($26 value) FREE when you buy a Ren Glycolactic Peel Mask. Enter code RENEWAL at checkout. Expires 8/31/09.
- Sephora: Living Proof No Frizz Shampoo & Conditioner. Try these 1 oz. lab samples before they launch! Online only! Enter code NOFRIZZDUO at checkout. Expires 8/31/09.
- Sephora: Buy a Fusion Beauty LipFusion Color Shine gloss and get a 2nd gloss for 50% off ($19 value)! Enter code FUSION.
- Sephora: Bare Escentuals Mega Bonus: 10 Day Sample plus brush at Sephora! Enter code TRYBE at checkout. Expires 8/31/09.
- Sephora: Buy Michael Kors 1.7 or 3.4 oz. Eau de Parfum Spray get a free Michael Kors Weekender Bag. Enter code WEEKENDER at checkout.
- Sephora: Buy any combination of 3 Make Up For Ever Eyeshadow, Diamond Eyeshadow, or Powder Blush shades and get a free refillable palette ($20 value). Offer good online or in store. Enter code MUFE at checkout.
- Sephora: Get a free 0.5 REN Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask with any $25 order. Enter code RENPEEL at checkout.
Did we miss a fantastic offer or sale? Share it with us in the comments!
Lisa Hoffman Skincare: 15% off Coupon Code
Temptalia readers will receive 15% off their purchases through Lisa Hoffman Skincare with code TEMPTALIA through October 31st, 2009.
I’ve only just started to try some of Lisa Hoffman’s products, so I can’t quite recommend anything yet (except to say I’ve heard some of my trusty beauty bloggin’ friends rave about the line). I can say that I am loving her fragrance oils, and I like the skincare/shower products I’ve used thus far (but it’s just too early to talk about much else!).
Hopefully, though, our ever talented and beauty lovin’ readers can chime in with some of their favorites! Enjoy!
What was the last beauty product you finished? How long did it take you?
Probably MAC’s Volcanic Ash Exfoliator — six months or longer, because I used it pretty sparingly!
Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share your answers with us in the comments section!
Instructions: Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share it with us in the comments section!
How often do you clean your brushes?: [answer]
What do you clean them with?: [answer]
Where do you store your brushes?: [answer]