The Spring Season is a series of posts featuring my favorite soft beige, coral, and pink lipsticks and lipglosses — all perfect for the first blossom of spring — that runs through March 2010.
Reader Look: Anita Goes BRIGHT! with Dior
Long-time reader Anita (you may recognize her posting under the name Anitacska–try typing that ten times fast!) shared this fun, bold look she created with Dior’s Tropical Quint. She said she’s never done such a bright look before!
- Eyes: She began by laying down Guerlain Eyeshadow Primer as her eyeshadow base. For eyeshadow, she primarily used Dior’s Tropical (#940) Eyeshadow Quint. On the inner corner, she applied a turquoise eyeshadow and then applied the light purple to the middle of the lid, above the crease, and on the lower lash line. She used a darker purple on the outer corner and crease with a lighter pink above the creas. Anita used Laura Geller’s Blush ‘n Brighten in Boysenberry/Amaretti to highlight the brow bone. To line her waterline, she used Urban Decay Covet 24/7 Eyeliner and finished lashes with Boots No. 7 Extreme Length Mascara in black.
- Cheeks: Anita applied MAC Two Virtues Mineralize Blush on her cheeks with Laura Geller’s Blush ‘n Brighten in Boysenberry/Amaretti to highlight the top of her cheeks.
- Lips: She kept it simple and applied MAC Bubblegum lipstick to her lips for some color.
See more photos!
MAC Cosmetics Trip II Collection
Launch Date: April through August 2009 at Duty Free Shops (at Airports)
Launch Date (Updated): Now available as of March 23, 2010 online at MACCosmetics.com.
UPDATED/EDITED MARCH 23, 2010
Hi all! MAC has put the Trip Collection online for sale — this collection is not new. It was originally released in Summer 2009. It consists of permanent or previously released limited edition shades, but there are no new or exclusive shades to the collection. It is available ONLINE ONLY at this time. If I have swatches or a review available, you will find the collection that the shade was from originally linked. Might be a good way to snag some old LE shades you missed out on if you’re newer to MAC
Cool Eyes Palette
- Prismique Off-white with silver frost (Lustre) (Adorn)
- Springtime Skipper Mid-tone minty green with gold pearlized pigments (Veluxe Pearl) (Barbie Loves MAC)
- Water Nymph Soft teal with emerald pearlized pigments (Frost) (Lure)
- Knight Divine Black with silver pearl (Veluxe Pearl) (Permanent)
- Flashtrack Bright midnight blue with silver reflective pearlized particles (Veluxe Pearl) (Discontinued)
Neutral Eyes Palette
- Bisque Soft muted pinky-beige (Matte) (Permanent)
- Mineralism Softly tarnished silver with frost (Lustre) (Lustrevision)
- Say, Yeah Peachy coral with yellow frost (Veluxe Pearl) (Rebel Rock)
- Sable Gold plum with bronze pearl (Frost) (Permanent)
- Bateau Wood brown (Matte) (D’Bohemia)
Warm Eyes Palette
- Whistle Pastel pink (Veluxe Pearl) (Barbie Loves MAC)
- Da Bling Pink with gold pearl (Veluxe Pearl) (Permanent)
- Parfait Amour Blue-violet with shimmer (Frost) (Permanent)
- Leisuretime Low-key plum with pearl (Veluxe Pearl) (Belle Azure)
- Cassette Blackened eggplant (Veluxe Pearl) (Heatherette)