Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Are you a drugstore bargain hunter or high-end addict?
Either way, it’s important to recognize we can’t always splurge on all of the things we’d like to. The key to everything–including beauty–in life is moderation, balance. If you’ve been following Only In A Woman’s World campaign along with me, you’d notice balance is a concept that comes through. Every so often, I go through some checklists and reminders to make sure I’m not overindulging.
I ask myself…
- Am I buying just to buy? I’ve been known to buy something just because I want to acquire something new. This is a bad habit, because it doesn’t always mean you make good purchases or worthwhile acquisitions that you’ll actually use.
- Will I still want it next week? If I’m not totally sure, then I’ll put it back and sit on it for a week. (Or a few days… at least!) If I’m still jonesin’ for it, then I know I can keep it on my list.
- How often will I use it? If it’s something *so* specific or tailored, I might not use it more than once. Since I am a full-fledged, self-admitted beauty addict, I’ve made more than one mistake in this department. I distinctly remember Dior’s Electric Lights quint being purchased and never used… Bad, bad, bad! Buy it to use it. (Unless, of course, you are blessed to have the disposable income to simply admire.)
Here are some ways to cut-back on beauty spending when you’re on a tight budget or need to save up for something (e.g. school — hey, it’s almost time for fall semester/quarter to start!)… Continue reading →
Do you ever feel like you get stuck in a makeup rut? What do you do to get out of it?
Sometimes, but I kind of recognize that I do my makeup a certain way because I like it that way, too. I always just wait for something to inspire me
Sephora Friends & Family Sale 2009
Just a heads up my dearest beauty friends, Sephora’s Friends & Family Sale will begin October 19th and end November 2nd, 2009. During the sale, you’ll get 20% off nearly everything with code FF2009. It’s still a few weeks away, so you can expect a reminder post closer to the sale start date!
I definitely recommend shopping sooner rather than later, because this is a sale people wait for. They’re stocking up on their essentials, but they’re also picking up products they’ve waited all year to purchase. Not to mention the holidays are right around the bend… Time to start making a list!
Have you already made yours? What’s on your list?
Thanks to @deckchair_cm for the heads up!
Some more fine print/details… Continue reading →
MAC Cosmetics Magic, Mirth, and Mischief Collection: Lip/Eye Bags
U.S. Launch Date: October 15th, 2009
Put a Spell On You/Pink Lip ($36.50 U.S. / $43.50 CDN)
- Dream Mid-tone pink with intense pearlized pigments (Glaze) (Lipstick) (Limited Edition)
- Baby Sparks Pale pink with violet pearlized pigments (Dazzleglass) (Permanent)
- Dervish Low-key mauve (Lip Pencil) (Promo Size) (Permanent)
House of Mirth/Deep Lip ($36.50 U.S. / $43.50 CDN)
- Fantasia Deep rose (Lustre) (Lipstick) (Limited Edition)
- Get Rich Quick Warm yellow brown (Dazzleglass) (Permanent)
- Cedar Rich, rose-flushed brown (Lip Pencil) (Promo Size) (Permanent)
Naughty Noir/Eye ($36.50 U.S. / $43.50 CDN)
- Blacktrack Solid flat black (Fluidline) (Permanent)
- Shimmertime Soft baby pink (Pigment) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Zoomblack Mascara (Promo Size)
- 209SE Brush
Alakazam! Chocolate/Eye ($36.50 U.S. / $43.50 CDN)
- Rich Ground Reddened coco with frost (Fluidline) (Permanent)
- Melon Soft bright golden peach (Pigment) (Permanent) (Repromote)
- Zoomblack Mascara (Promo Size)
- 209SE Brush
Edited: Now with product photos!
See brush sets… Continue reading →
MAC Cosmetics Mischief Makers Collection
U.S. Launch Date: November 5th, 2009
Mini Lipglass/Lustreglass ($29.50 U.S. / $35.50 CDN)
- Elle White pink with pearlized pigments (Lipglass) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Poetic License Coral rose (Lipglass) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Cruise Control Pastel pink with white pearlized pigments (Lipglass) (Limited Edition)
- Ensign Peachy pink with white and gold pearlized pigments (Lustreglass) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Morning Glory Pale pearlized pink (Lustreglass) (Permanent)
- Silly Girl Pastel peach with multi-coloured pearlized pigments (Lipglass) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Totally It Sheer bright pink with pink pearlized pigments (Lipglass) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Beaute Bright coral with pearlized pigments (Lipglass) (Limited Edition)
- Pinkarat Soft-toned pink with gold pearl (Lustreglass) (Permanent)
- Wonderstruck Lustred-up clean pink coral (Lustreglass) (Permanent)
- Pinkular Bronzed copper (Lipglass) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Magnetique Frosted violet fuchsia (Lipglass) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Gitane Burnt red orange with pearlized pigments (Lipglass) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Angelwing Deep plum with golden pearlized pigments (Lustreglass) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Instant Gold Lustre-shined light neutral gold (Lustreglass) (Permanent)
Edited: Now with photos!
See more holiday sets and kits AND PHOTOS… Continue reading →
Shop Pink, Part 2
October 1st marks the start of Breast Cancer Awareness month, and many brands participate by creating or marketing certain products as Pink products. Our motto at Temptalia is: if you Need Pink, why not Shop Pink while you’re at it?
Shop Pink when there’s something you need/want, but if you find yourself just wanting to support the cause, the best way to raise awareness and support the cause is by donating directly to the charity of your choice (whether it’s time, money, beauty products, clothes, etc.). Purchasing Pink products always helps, too, but consider donating directly if all you want to do is support the cause. (You can also join us in our fundraiser, too!)
We’re just going to tell you about Pink beauty products, but there are plenty of brands across the retail market, from cereal to socks to lipstick, that are also joining in and raising awareness and donations.
- Donna Karan: Donna Karan Cosmetics will make a donation of $15,000 in connection with the sales of the Limited-Edition Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Eau de Parfum Spray to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. www.donnakaranbeauty.com
- Estee Lauder: Estée Lauder will donate $500,000 in connection with the sales of its Pink Ribbon Collection to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. The Pink Ribbon Collection includes Evelyn Lauder and Elizabeth Hurley Lip Sets, Jeweled Pink Ribbon Pin, Beautiful fragrance, and Advanced Night Repair.
- Jo Malone: Jo Malone will donate $15,000 to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation in connection with the North American sales of Red Roses Cologne and Bath Oil.
- Lab Series: Lab Series Skincare For Men will make a donation of $10,000, in connection with the sales of Daily Moisture Defense Lotion SPF 15 to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. www.labseries.com
- La Mer: La Mer will make a donation of $30,000 to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation in connection with the North American sales of Crème de la Mer. www.lamer.com
- OJON: Ojon® will donate 20 percent of North American sales of Pink Ribbon Revitalizing Mist during the month of October to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation, with a maximum donation of $35,000. www.ojon.com
- Origins: Origins will donate $35,000 in connection with the North American sales of Peace of Mind® to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. www.origins.com
- Prescriptives: Prescriptives will donate $20,000 in connection with North American sales of the PX Pink ,Ribbon Palette for Cheeks and Eyes to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. www.prescriptives.com