Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
NARS Sheer Foundation for Fall 2009
During New York Fashion Week back in February, we saw NARS unveil and use a new foundation on the runway. Available in Sheer Matte Foundation and Sheer Glow Foundation. Sheer Matte has a matte finish, while Sheer Glow has a satin finish; both will be available in twenty shades and retail for $42.00. New for Fall 2009, you can expect it to start hitting counters in August/September 2009. Meanwhile, be sure to head over to NARSCosmetics.com and check out their fall collection already available for purchase.
NARS Cosmetics has requested images for Sheer Foundation to be removed until further notice. In order to comply with this request, images have been removed and will be republished at a later date. Temptalia deeply apologizes to our readers for any inconvenience this might cause.
Gilt Groupe is having a sale on Stila! I’m inviting you to join should you like yourself some Stila at 30-50% off! (Gilt is invite-only.) It looks like a lot of the products available were also available at HauteLook last week, but maybe you’ll still find some things to take home with you
Temptalia Gives Away MAC Fashion Patch Mineralize Eyeshadow!
We’re giving away one (1) MAC Fashion Patch Mineralize Eyeshadow, from the limited edition MAC Colour Craft Collection.
Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post and telling us what your favorite type of beauty product is!
All entries must be submitted by July 28th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Increase Your Chances to Win…
For a total of FIVE chances! Just remember you must leave a comment on this post to get entered initially. Please be sure to use a valid e-mail address.
2. Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!).
3. Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
4. Join our Forums! (please include your Forum user name OR use the same e-mail address.)
5. Twitter to Win! Simply copy and paste the following tweet: “Entered to win MAC Fashion Patch Eyeshadow. Follow @temptalia & RT to enter! http://tinyurl.com/fashionpatch“
Congratulations Jenny! Thank you for participating!
What’s your worst beauty habit? Share!
Mine currently is forgetting to moisturize my body, but I’ve been working really hard to change that!
MAC Makeup Art Cosmetics Collection – Promo / Product Photos
Here are promo photos and product photos for MAC’s fall collection launcing August 20th, 2009. You can read collection details here. Continue reading →
Tutorial: Tropical Paradise (Green, Teal, & Blue Eyes)
Here’s a tutorial for a look I did a couple of weeks ago! It’s a good mix of bright, summery colors — this combination of colors always reminds me of tropical paradise. The sun, the sea…
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Make Up For Ever #910 Star Powder (springy green base), Make Up For Ever #304 Eyeshadow (shimmery yellow-green), Make Up For Ever #93 Eyeshadow (matte aqua-green), Make Up For Ever #168 Eyeshadow (shimmery teal), Make Up For Ever #159 Eyeshadow (matte blue), MAC Nylon eyeshadow (yellow-gold highlighter), Make Up For Ever Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow (black), Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash Mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Make Up For Ever #5 Blush (matte coral-orange), Make Up For Ever #153 Blush (shimmery peachy-gold)
- Lips: MAC Overrich lipstick (pinky-coral), Make Up For Ever #403 Gloss (sheer orange-coral)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush), 165 (highlighting brush)
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply #910 Star Powder all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, pack #304 eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply #93 eyeshadow to the middle portion of the lid. On the outer lid and crease, apply #168 eyeshadow with the 226. Darken crease with #159 eyeshadow using the 219, and then blend out with the 226. Sweep MAC Nylon eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight with the 217. Apply 12L Aqua Eyes Liner on lower lash line. Smudge lower lash line with #304 eyeshadow with the 214 brush, pressing into lower lashes. Finish with Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow on on the upper lash line using the 208. Apply Aqua Smoky Lash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with #5 Blush using the 129, then highlight with #153 with the 165. Apply MAC Overrich lipstick to lips, and then top with #403 Gloss for color and shine.
Get step-by-step instructions…! Continue reading →