Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
This is from a few days ago, when I went up to see my parents with the boy and puppy in tow. Luckily the rain held out, so Mellan was able to get some swim time in!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Apricot Pink pigment (peachy-pink base), Juiced eyeshadow (dirty orange), Pink Freeze eyeshadow (pastel pink), Expensive Pink eyeshadow (pink with peach), Texture eyeshadow (warm brown), Hush eyeshadow (soft pink-based highlighter), Feline kohl power (black), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Petticoat mineralize skinfinish (raspberry pink)
- Lips: YSL Forbidden Burgundy lipstick (deep berry), Luminary lustreglass (pink with purple opalescence)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Apricot Pink = Pink Bronze; Feline = Graphblack; Petticoat = Dollymix
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Apricot Pink pigment all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inne lid, apply Juiced eyeshadow using the 239. Apply Pink Freeze eyeshadow to the middle of the lid. Darken the outer lid using Expensive Pink eyeshadow. Deepen crease with Texture eyeshadow gently patted and blended into the outer crease. Sweep Hush eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Feline kohl power on lower lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Petticoat using the 129. Apply YSL Forbidden Burgundy lipstick to lips, and then top with Luminary lustreglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Q&A with Jeanne Van Phue, Head Makeup Artist for Twilight
Q: What was the process for creating the various characters’ looks?
A: Katherine Hardwicke, the director, and I have previously worked together on a movie called “Lords of Dogtown,” so we know each other very well. I began by preparing sketches of my vision, keeping in mind the descriptions Stephenie Meyers (Twilight’s Author) set forth in the books.
Bella’s (Kristen Stewart’s character) description in the novel is very pale and extremely beautiful with large chocolate brown eyes, so she wore colored lenses every day. I also pictured her as a natural beauty, which is exactly what Kristen is. I used a light hand while applying all neutral colors to make her look as though she had no makeup on.
Edward’s (Robert Pattinson’s character) description in the novel is impossibly handsome almost god-like. His skin is marble-pale, hard as stone and ice cold, but perfect and flawless. Edwards’ eyes are described as topaz colored when he is normal and black like onyx, when hungry.
Q: Were there any changes to the looks of the characters that weren’t planned?
A: At the beginning, Katherine Hardwicke visualized Edward with long hair, yet after studying his face and jaw line in the makeup test, the decision was made to go with short hair to accentuate his amazing jaw line.
Q: What was the overall look of the makeup in this movie?
A: All the vampires had to be pale, but I didn’t want them to look to ghoulish, somewhere between Sweeney Todd and Interview with the Vampire. The choice was made for a denser, more opaque look for the supporting vampires and a lighter look for the leading man.
The challenge was they still had to look beautiful and handsome. The key was striking the delicate shading balance. We had two weeks of makeup test. This is the time for a makeup artist to unleash their imagination. During the testing Katherine let me know when I was on the mark. Katherine has a fabulous eye for detail and everything I did had to be approved by her.
Q: Were there any other challenges you encountered while working on location in Portland, Oregon?
A: The rain was a huge challenge. We were outside, and it rained the entire time we were there. Most of the shots were exterior; trying to fix makeup in the rain with wet faces and wet brushes was difficult. In the end, I must say I loved working on this movie, it challenge my creativity as never before. The cast was such a great group of talented young actors.
Q: What were your non-makeup related responsibilities in terms of creating this look?
A: Another one of my jobs was too find a contact lens specialist. So I called upon the expertise of Cristina Patterson Ceret FX lens/painter from Professional VisionCare.
Q: What MAC products did you use on the film Twilight?
A: The M.A.C products I used on this film were eye shadows and powder for our principles. We had several other characters and day players I used M.A.C. foundations, lipsticks and blushes.
Q: How long have you used MAC products?
A: In 30 years as a makeup artist in my career and over 50 movies, MAC products have played an integral part in my work. I have probably used all of them at one time or another. I choose the cosmetics based on their skin tone and whether they are oily or dry. It also depends on how the product reacts to their particular skin type.
MAC Makeup used on Bella played by Kristen Stewart
- Blot Powder/Pressed in Light
- Eye Shadow on Blanc Type, Flute and Wedge
MAC Makeup used on Edward played by Robert Pattinson
- Blot Powder/Pressed in Light
Bart did a Rihanna-Disturbia challenge with some friends, here’s the result!
- MAC Face and Body foundation N3
- MAC Full Coverage black foundation
- Chromacake White and Black
- MAC fluidline Silverstroke and Blitz and Glitz, Macroviolet
- MAC Copperplate, Carbon, Fig.1 eyeshadow
- MAC Kohlpower Feline
- MAC lashes 35
- MAC Silver Fog pigment
See the eye closed… Continue reading →
Nordstrom’s Half-Yearly Sale starts today! Just a heads up, since I know we have some Nordstrom fans!
Beauty.com is having their Friends & Family Sale today through November 7th, 2008.
Clinique Holiday 2008 Gift Sets
- Happy Solid Perfume Pencil in “Wealth of Flowers” .07 oz/2.25 g
- Happy Solid Perfume Pencil in “Hint of Citrus” .07 oz/2.25 g
- Happy Solid Perfume Pencil in Happy .07 oz/2.25 g
Kissable Six ($35.00)
- Dual Ended Full Potential Lips Plump and Shine in Luscious Lilac & Double Plum
- Dual Ended Full Potential Lips Plump and Shine in Strawberry Burst & Peppermint Patty
- Dual Ended Full Potential Lips Plump and Shine in Blackberry Bloom & Pink Champagne
Long Last Shine ($25.00)
- Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 in Mystic .08 oz/2.4 ml
- Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 in Guava Gold .08 oz/2.4 ml
- Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 in Air Kiss .08 oz/2.4 ml
- Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 in Sunset .08 oz/2.4 ml
Perfectly Happy ($49.50)
- Happy Perfume Spray 1.7 oz/50 ml
- Happy Body Cream 2.5 oz/75 ml
- Happy Perfume Rollarball/Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 in Whisper
Absolutely Happy ($72.50)
- Happy Perfume Spray 3.4 oz/100 ml
- Happy Body Butter 3.4 oz/100 ml
- Happy Body Wash 3.4 oz/100 ml
- Happy Perfume Spray .5 oz/15ml
Make It Moisture ($42.00)
- Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief 1.7 oz/50 ml
- All About Eyes Rich .21 oz/7 ml
- Superbalm Lip Treatment .17 oz/5 ml
Great Skin Home and Away ($59.00)
- Liquid Facial Soap – Mild 6.7 oz/200 ml
- Clarifying Lotion 2 with Pump 13.5 oz/487 ml
- Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion with Pump 4.2 oz/125 ml
- Liquid Facial Soap – Mild 1.0 oz/30 ml
- Clarifying Lotion 2 2.0 oz/60 ml
- Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion in Tube 1.0 oz/30 ml
The Luxury Shave ($31.00)
- M Shave Aloe Gel 1.4 oz/41 ml
- Face Scrub 3.4 oz/100 ml
- Post Shave Healer 2.5 oz/75 ml
Super Treat ($25.00)
- Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in Apricot .17 oz/5 ml
- Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in Currant .17 oz/5 ml
- Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in Ginger .17 oz/5 ml
- Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in Raspberry .17 oz/5 ml
Black Honey Glow ($35.00)
- Almost Lipstick in Black Honey .06 oz/1.9 g
- Shimmering Tones Bronzer in Pink Chocolate .31 oz/75 ml
- High Impact Mascara in Black Honey 4.5 ml/4.1 g
Available November 2008, check your local counter for details.