Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
MAC @ Zac Posen
“A mix of Degas ballerinas and Jean Shrimpton from the 1960s. Graceful and delicate like a watercolour painting, colours blended like hydrangeas.” – Stephane Marais
Get the Look
- EYE: White Pigment – applied to eyelid. Dazzlelight Eye Shadow – layered over lids for a transparent, sparkle. Lingering Brow Pencil – blended into crease to enhance and contour the eye. Fibre Rich Mascara – generously app lied to top and bottom lashes to create a fake lashlook. Clear Brow Set – to set brows.
- FACE: Face and Body Foundation – app lied to skin for a dewy, sheer finish. Prep + Prime Powder – to set. Pro Paintstick in Magenta and Dolly Mix Blush – mixed and blended onto cheeks with fingertips. White Frost Eye Shadow – dusted over tops of cheekbones to highlight.
- LIP: Syrup Lipstick – patted onto lips. Plumful Lipstick – blended with fingertips onto the corners of lips to add volume and contour.
See breakdowns for Carolina Herrera and Rad Hourani… Continue reading →
Here’s a look using the Stila All Doll’d Up Palette that I reviewed and LOVED so much.
What’s on the agenda for today? I’m about two minutes away from being late for leaving for my morning classes (one on federal taxation and another on cyberspace), aka I better get my butt MOVING! How’s your Wednesday going?
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Mutiny pigment (teal), Stila All Doll’d Up Palette (light green, blue, and teal), MAC Prussian eyeshadow (navy blue), MAC Femme-fi eyeshadow (highlight), Stila Cobalt Clutch Smudge Pot (blue liner), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: MAC Fleurry blush (coral peach), Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer (bronze highlighter)
- Lips: MAC Brave New Bronze lipstick (pinky nude), MAC New Spirit lipglass (peachy orange), MAC Tartlette lipglass (coral)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Mutiny = Teal + Frozen White; light green = Juxt; blue = Tilt; teal = Shimmermoss; Femme-fi = Shroom; Brave New Bronze = Velvet Teddy; New Spirit = Fresh Buzz (not a great dupe); Tartlette = Lychee Luxe
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Mutiny pigment all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, pack Stila’s light green eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply the medium blue eyeshadow to the middle and outer portions of the lid. Darken the outer lid and crease with the teal eyeshadow using the 226, then deepen with Prussian eyeshadow with the 219. Sweep Femme-fi eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Cobalt Clutch on lower lash line. Apply Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Fleurry blush using the 129, then highlight with Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer with the 188. Apply Brave New Bronze lipstick to lips, and then top with New Spirit and Tartlette lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
AVEDA @ Christian Siriano
This is a low, sleek ponytail adorned with a textured bouquet of waves; a play of smooth versus rough. Hair is sleek and groomed on each side of the head and through the ponytail, with a slightly rough, matte finish on top and elegant, textured waves pinned above the pony. The finished look is chic and contemporary with a bit of attitude.
Get the Look
- Step 1: Create a deep side part. Draw a horseshoe-shaped section of hair along the top of the head, from each brow-line. Isolate this section of hair and pin in place with a single-pronged hair clip.
- Step 2: Pull the bottom half of hair into a ponytail and secure with a bungee elastic. Divide ponytail into sections with fingers and spray with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray for workable hold.
- Step 3: Use a flat iron to straighten the ponytail section by section, creating a smooth, sleek finish.
- Step 4: Unclip the top section of hair and comb it back and over the ponytail. Sprinkle Aveda Pure Abundance™ Hair Potion and massage into hair to create volume and matte, rough texture.
- Step 5: Working with the same top section, divide hair into smaller pieces and spray with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray. Wrap each piece of hair around a ceramic Curl Rod, creating spirals, until the entire top section of hair has been curled.
- Step 6: Brush through spirals, loosening curls into soft waves. Loosely backcomb waves to create fullness, volume and texture, and shorten the length of hair.
- Step 7: Pin the sides and ends of wavy hair against the head, close to the base of the ponytail. Hair is sculpted into a voluminous, undulating chignon adorning the ponytail.
- Step 8: Work Aveda Light Elements™ Texturizing Creme into palms. Smooth hair along the sides of the head and above the ears to create a sleekness and shine.
- Step 9: Finish the look with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray for shine and hold.
See more photos and Q&A… Continue reading →
L’Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara
L’Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara ($10.95) is a lengthening mascara that uses tube technology to create longer, more dramatic lashes. I tried it in Blackest Black, which is an intense black, though not the darkest black I’ve tried.
Double Extend definitely adds lengths to lashes, but it clumped up pretty easily on my stringy little lashes, so it definitely requires a lash comb afterward to get lashes to look a little more natural. This mascara really is designed to add length, so it doesn’t do much in terms of adding volume or thickening lashes. For me, not the best mascara, because my lashes need more than just length (they really do need a lot of help–volume, thickness, and length!).
It stays true the claim of being smudge-proof and budge-proof–until you get into water–which is great for contacts wearers. It rinses off fairly easily with water over makeup remover, so a good shower is an optimal time to remove this mascara, but over the sink works just as well. Even though the $10.95 price tag is steep for a drugstore mascara, if you keep an eye out for sales/promotions, the price is much more in line with my expectations.
- Product: 6/10
- Value: 7/10
- Ease of Use: 7/10
- Packaging: 7/10
Recommendation: If you have naturally thick and voluminous lashes, Double Extend is great for adding a little more length. Otherwise, you may want to check out L’Oreal’s Voluminous instead.
See comparison photos… Continue reading →
Backstage @ Jenni Kayne
- Makeup: Stila for Beauty.com.
- Hair: Ted Gibson for Beauty.com
- Nails: butter LONDON for Beauty.com
- Skincare: Arcona for Beauty.com
Get the Look — “Navy Out All Night”
- Complexion: Natural Finish Oil-Free Makeup; Perfecting Concealer Pressed Powder
- Eyes: Dune, darkest color in Navy Palette; Sapphire Kajal liner; Indigo eyeshadow; Major Major Lash Mascara.
- Cheeks: Contour with Stila Sun
- Lips: Topaz Kajal; In the Nude long wear lip
See more photos… Continue reading →
AVEDA @ Jason Wu
This is a sculpted, voluminous chignon with a textured, 6 inch wide, sheer black ribbon woven into the hair in a spontaneous and organic way. The finished look is feminine and elegant with an edge.
Get the Look
- Step 1: Apply Aveda Smooth Infusion™ Style-Prep Smoother throughout damp hair and blow dry straight.
- Step 2: Work Aveda Smooth Infusion™ Glossing Straightener through hair to achieve a straight, smooth, glossy finish.
- Step 3: Separate hair into front and back sections. Pull back section into a tight ponytail to the middle/back of the head and secure with a bungee elastic.
- Step 4: Tie a 7-foot long piece of 6-inch wide, black horse hair ribbon around the ponytail. Secure each end to the head on either side of the pony with bobby pins the color of hair.
- Step 5: Mist the entire head with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray for added shine and workable hold.
- Step 6: Weave front section of hair back in smaller, 1-inch pieces, over the ribbon, securing against the head with bobby pins. Continue weaving hair and ribbon, creating loops with the ribbon around back of the head, until all hair has been worked through.
- Step 7: Weave ponytail in 1-inch sections in loops throughout the ribbon, securing against the head with bobby pins, until all hair and ribbon are used. Hair and ribbon are looped together spontaneously, creating a sculptural, voluminous updo. Fray the ends of the ribbon and leave exposed.
- Step 8: Spray with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray for finish and hold.
See more photos and Q&A… Continue reading →