- Blush you’re wearing right now?
- Lip product you’re wearing right now?
- Eyeshadow you’re wearing right now?
- Hautelook — Up to 59% off MAC Cosmetics, includes eyeshadows, palettes, blushes, eyeliners, lipsticks, and more, ends 8/20.
- Muse Beauty — Buy any 2 Viseart eyeshadow palettes for $128 (plus get three Esum eyeshadow brushes), ends 8/21.
- Sephora — 4X points for Rouges (early access 8/11), 3X points for VIBs, and 2X points for BIs on all purchases, starts 8/11 and ends 8/19.
Chanel Charme Rouge Coco Lipstick
Chanel Spring 2012: Charme Rouge Coco Lipstick
Chanel Charme Rouge Coco Lipstick ($32.00 for 0.12 oz.) is described as a “pink.” Sometimes brands get too creative with their color descriptions, but Chanel could afford to be less glib! It’s a soft, medium pink with very subtle blue undertones and a silver micro-shimmer that gives it a lightly frosted finish. The color payoff is semi-opaque–it gives decent color but there is some translucency in the color so your natural lip color will peek through. MAC Behave Yourself is similar but applies less evenly and perhaps a touch lighter. Dolce & Gabbana Fascination is similar in hue but several shades darker. MAC Speed Dial is a bit darker and has a golden sheen.
The Rouge Coco formula is supposed to be hydrating and have wearable shades with “full-coverage finishes.” Charme is not quite opaque, but it felt more moisturizing than many past Rouge Cocos have felt for me. When I tested this shade, it wore for around three and a half hours before it began to noticeably fade away, but my lips felt just shy of normal in terms of hydration.
Video Review: MAC Naturally Collection – First Impressions & Swatches
A (relatively, at least for me) quick look at MAC’s Naturally Collection, which launches in-stores on Thursday.
Yes – when a brand reacts poorly to a negative (or a not-so-positive) review, then they’re off my list. e.l.f. is a brand I don’t use, feature, etc. because they used one of my eyeshadow looks in their newsletter and led their subscribers to believe it was a look used with e.l.f. products, and then they used three of my other photos on their website without permission. It takes a fair amount to annoy/frustrate me enough to write a brand off.
Do you have a question idea? Submit yours here.