None of the eyeshadows really spoke to me, which may be more a reflection of them being a little too neutral, too safe and me having more than enough neutral favorites through their permanent line. I suppose my feelings are much like they were with Warm & Cozy from last week — I’d loved to have seen new and different neutrals. I also wish Showstopper would go into retirement for at least a few years! Of the four, my favorite was All Races, and I do think that one is the most worth picking up, because it’s not a shade I’ve seen by MAC at all (no immediate dupes came to mind).
MAC Give Me Liberty of London Collection
U.S. Launch Date: March 11, 2010
International Launch Date: April 2010
Edit #1: Now with a few images! Not everything, but at least you get an idea about the packaging — which I think looks phenomenal. They don’t look like stickers, and as long as they’re not, this may be some of the best packaging MAC has put out in awhile. (1/6/2010)
Edit #2: Now with a few MORE images — including an image of the very richly priced scarf. (1/7/2010)
The very latest in a series of famous M·A·Coll aborations, it was only a matter of time before the demure-to-daring kaleidoscopic prints of Liberty of London coloured our world with Brit wit and bohemian chic. From the unstudied, Sienna Miller style of Spitalfields Market to the grit-and-glamour of Portobello Road, the swinging London girl has always been an unstoppable M·A·C makeup force! Spring 2010 insists on the ultimate flower fusion, with M·A·C joining forces with Liberty, creating cool Britannia compacts and Lipsticks, Eye Shadows, Powder, Blush, Nail Lacquers and, of course – blushing, bountiful, quite British accessories.
Beauty Powder ($25.00 U.S. / $30.00 CDN)
The luxurious, soft pearl finish of M·A·C Beauty Powder packaged in a glossssy white compact. Lid is decorated with an exclusively created flower and bird pattern for the Give Me Liberty of London collection. Limited edition.
- Shell Pearl Pale peach with gold pearl (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Summer Rose Soft violet pink with pearl (Limited Edition) (Repromote?)
Eyeshadow ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
- Give Me Liberty of London Flat creamy pink (Matte) (Limited Edition)
- Free to Be Creamy true coral (Matte) (Limited Edition)
- Dame’s Desire Frosty mid-tone reddish purple (Frost) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Birds & Berries Frosted dark green blue (Veluxe Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Bough Grey Mid-tone bluish grey (Satin) (Limited Edition)
Lipstick ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Ever Hip Creamy light coral (Cremesheen) (Limited Edition)
- Peachstock Neutral peach (Satin) (PRO)
- Petals & Peacocks Creamy bright magenta pink (Amplified) (Limited Edition)
- Blooming Lovely Creamy greyed lilac mauve (Amplified) (Limited Edition)
Lipglass ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Frankly Fresh Neutral pink beige with soft pearl (Limited Edition)
- Perennial High Style Creamy bright pink coral (Limited Edition)
- English Accents Creamy mid-tone blue pink (Limited Edition)
- A Different Groove Deep purple brown with pearl (Limited Edition)
Blush ($18.50 U.S. / $22.00 CDN)
- Dirty Plum Sheer dark plum (Limited Edition)
- Prim & Proper Neutral nude (Limited Edition)
Nail Lacquer ($12.00 U.S. / $14.50 CDN)
- Vestral White Creamy white (Cream) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Blue India Dark green blue with pearl (Cream) (Limited Edition)
Liberty of London Makeup Bags
- Small A limited-edition laminated makeup bag decorated with an exclusively created flower and bird pattern for the Give Me Liberty of London collection. Zip closure boasts a fabulously outsize floral pull. Measures 8″ x 2.75″ x 3.5″. ($22.00 U.S. / $26.50 CDN)
- Medium A limited-edition laminated makeup bag decorated with an exclusively created flower and bird pattern for the Give Me Liberty of London collection. Zip closure boasts a fabulously outsize floral pull. Measures 8″ x 2.75″ x 5″. ($25.00 U.S. / $31.00 CDN)
Liberty of London Scarf ($95.00 U.S. / $115.00 CDN)
A limited-edition scarf designed with an exclusively created floral pattern for the Give Me Liberty of London collection. Rows of coral, orange, yellow and blue flowers form a repeating pattern on a white background. The fabric is a soft wool/viscose blend. Made in Italy. Measures 27″ x 82″.
What’s the Best Cheek Highlighter…?
What brand/product wins this category? Any particular reason it wins?
Estee Lauder Michael Kors Very Hollywood Collection for Spring 2010
“Hollywood is the birthplace of fantasy and dreams. The inspiration for the Estée Lauder Michael Kors Very Hollywood Color Collection is iconic Hollywood glamour, both past and present, interpreted for everyday life.” – Michael Kors
This Spring, Estée Lauder will introduce the Estée Lauder Michael Kors Very Hollywood Color Collection. This collaboration stemmed from the longtime friendship between Aerin Lauder, Estée Lauder Senior Vice President and Creative Director, and acclaimed American designer Michael Kors. “Nobody understands modern glamour and luxury like Aerin Lauder and the Estée Lauder brand, which is what this collection is all about,” says Michael Kors.
The Estée Lauder Michael Kors Very Hollywood Color Collection is a group of limited edition products that reflect both the timeless beauty philosophy of Estée Lauder and the luxurious, modern fashion style of Michael Kors.
Michael’s design perspective has defined modern American glamour. It is no surprise his presence pervades the modern Hollywood scene – whether he’s dressing celebrities for a red carpet event or attending award shows himself, Michael Kors is a name synonymous with Hollywood.
For the Bel Air Beige Look
- Very Hollywood Sunset Coral Blush ($26.00)
- Very Hollywood Blonde Mink Eyeshadow Duo ($30.00)
- Very Hollywood Sepia Eye Pencil ($19.00)
- Very Hollywood Honey Blonde / Starlet Peach Lip Sheens SPF 15 ($22.00)
- Very Hollywood Honey Blonde / Starlet Peach Lip Glosses ($20.00)
- Very Hollywood Hollywood Gold Nail Lacquer ($18.00)
For the Rodeo Pink Look
- Very Hollywood Sunset Pink Blush ($26.00)
- Very Hollywood Night Star Eyeshadow Duo ($30.00)
- Very Hollywood Film Noir Eye Pencil ($19.00)
- Very Hollywood Bungalow Pink / Starlet Rose Lip Sheens SPF 15 ($22.00)
- Very Hollywood Bungalow Pink / Starlet Rose Lip Glosses ($20.00)
- Very Hollywood Bungalow Pink Nail Lacquer ($18.00)
Complementary Products for Face & Lips
- Very Hollywood Shimmering Loose Powder ($32.00)
- Very Hollywood Hollywood Gold Lip Sheen SPF 15 ($22.00)
- Very Hollywood Hollywood Gold Lip Gloss ($20.00)
Availability: January 2010
Every year, Benefit has their “Sale-abration”, where you can up to 70% off some of their products. Now, I’m off to see what they have in the sale section…
OMG, they have a few of the Creaseless Cream Eyeshadows for $9.50 (normally $19.00) — Honey Bunny, Bunny Hop, & Recess! 7 Lust Dusters are on sale for $4.50, though. I saw at least three lipsticks at $9.00, too.