Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
This look is from at least a week ago! I actually haven’t worn eyeshadow since this look. You can blame me for being lazy/busy; I think both may apply here and there.
How are you all? I hope everyone’s doing well. I’m in the process of trying to figure out a way to better balance all of the things I need to get done so I can actually start scratching things *off* my to-do list rather than just adding to it. Any tips?
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral base), Guerlain Charnel Eyeshadow (peachy-gold), Guerlain Fleuri Eyeshadow (lavender with gold shimmer), Cranberry eyeshadow (purple-cranberry), Shroom eyeshadow (highlighter), Urban Decay Ransom 24/7 Liner (purple), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Clinique Cherry Blossom Eyeshadow (soft frosty pink)
- Lips: Guerlain Flushy Beige Lipstick (pink-beige), Guerlain Cerise Tentation Gloss (sheer pink)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: N/A
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, apply Charnel eyeshadow using the 239. Apply Fleuri eyeshadow to the middle of the lid and extend to outer lid. Darken crease with Cranberry eyeshadow using the 226. Sweep Femme-fi underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Ransom on lower lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Cherry Blossom eyeshadow using the 129. Apply Flushy Beige lipstick to lips, and then top with Cerise Tentation gloss for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Tiger Lily Fresh Bloom Eyeshadow
Clinique’s Fresh Bloom Spring 2009 Collection is really the epitome of spring colors and shades. The promotional images for the launch indicated so, and the products themselves don’t disappoint! I think the Fresh Bloom eyeshadows ($16.50) are darling; the colors are all universally wearable. They’re colorful, but not overly so; they’re not colors you couldn’t work into your office makeup (for most of you, at least!). All four have good color pigmentation, and most of the colors have fairly frosty finishes.
Tiger Lily is a duo of light peachy-pink and coppery-peach.
Maple Blossom is a duo of silvery-gray and brownish-silver (like MAC Club, but better).
Apple Blossom is a duo of soft, whitish-silver and subdued pale, pastel green.
Cherry Blossom is a duo of a whitish-pink and light raspberry-pink.
Clinique also launched four shades of their Long Last Glosswear ($14.00) in Air Kiss, First Blush, Honey Shimmer, and Whisper. I only had the chance to check out First Blush (sheer peachy-pink) and Honey Shimmer (sheer reddish-copper with pink shimmer). I love the Long Last Glosswear formula for its long-lasting power, and I would definitely love to see some really bold, opaque shades launched in the future, as the two I tried from this launch were sheer like others I have tried before. Honey Shimmer was less sheer than First Blush, though.
Must-haves: Cherry Blossom (more for a blusher, though!)
Nice-to-haves: Maple Blossom, Long Last Glosswears
Skip: This collection if pastels aren’t your bag!
See photos & swatches! Continue reading →
What’s the most expensive beauty product you’ve bought? Planned or impulse? Will you repurchase in the future?
Tell us why/what you love, hate, or are indifferent about… EYELASH CURLERS!
Do you try most of the things you buy on in the store? Or do you wait until you get home to really test drive a new beauty product?
MAC Cosmetics Grand Duos Collection for Spring 2009
Mineralization has swept the beauty nation but MAC makes the next move with Grand Duos: Mineralize Blush that has a marbleized melange on one side, and a complimentary mono-shade on the other. Soft shimmer, super-shine pearl in a pretty tri-colour veining to enhance and glorify cheekbones, followed with the pop and dimension of solid colour shimmer without an overly frosted look. The 188 Small Duo Fibre Face Brush makes the transition magnificent. A sophisticated but simple new way to get your vital minerals!
- Moon River Blue pink mélange / Pale yellow pink
- Love Rock Gold violet mélange / Bright blue pink
- Grand Duo Copper pink mélange / Plum
- Light Over Dark Orange yellow mélange / Deep brown
- Earth to Earth Purple bronze mélange / Yellow brown
- Hot Planet Copper yellow mélange / Mid-tone plum
- Intenso Pink gold mélange / Terracotta rose
- 188 Brush Flat topped, full circular brush
More images! Continue reading →