Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Chanel Audace Rouge Allure Lipstick
The Scarlet Season: Chanel Audace Rouge Allure Lipstick
Chanel Audace Rouge Allure Lipstick ($30.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a fiery, orange-based bright red in Chanel’s ultra pigmented, moisturizing Rouge Allure formula. Unlike Passion, this is distinctly orange-based whereas Passion is blue-based. I really love when a brand has both (and even more so when they have a pretty neutral red available, too!), because I know some prefer orange-red while others prefer blue-red! (I lean towards blue-red myself.) When I first tested this shade, I thought it was similar to Chanel’s Coromandel Rouge Allure Laque, but it’s not as deep, seems lighter, and doesn’t have shimmer, so they are different enough.
What about you? Would you wear this red?
The Scarlet Season is a series of posts showcasing and featuring my favorite shades of red lips–from glosses to lipsticks that runs through December 2009. You can sure expect to see a lot of red this holiday season!
See more swatches and comparison photos… Continue reading →
Are you participating in Beauty Black Friday?? What sales have drawn you in?
I’m trying to resist, but we’ll see!
Bobbi Brown Cabana Corals Collection for Spring 2010
Check out this coral-inspired collection from Bobbi Brown for this upcoming spring season! Continue reading →
Black Friday 2009: Beauty & Makeup Deals
The biggest shopping day of the year is not quite upon us, but it is just around the corner. Here are all of the beauty-related deals I’ve come across so far… I’ll be sure to update and move this post up come Black Friday. I’ll have a separate deal round-up for Cyber Monday as well. If you’ve spotted any great deals, be sure to share them in the comments!
- Bath & Body Works: Aromatherapy Classics are 2 for $15. Socks are 2 for $10. Buy 3, Get 3 free signature collection body care. Anti-bacterial 4 packs for $10. Offers valid 11/26 to 11/29.
- Benefit Cosmetics: Free U.S. shipping on orders of $25 or more with code SHIP2009. Free international shipping with any $100 purchase with code CYBRINTL. Not valid with other offers. Excludes sale items & sharpeners. Offer valid one time per customer. 11/27 to 11/30.
- Bliss: Get 30% off create your own gift sets with code GIFT30 at checkout. Offer valid 11/23 to 12/01. Get 30% off select sets with code SETS30, code valid 11/24 to 12/01. Get up to 50% off site wide 11/27 to 12/01.
- Giorgio Armani Beauty: 20% off and free shipping with code FAMILY. Expires 11/30
- Kate Somerville: 30% off your entire order with code KATE2009. Valid 11/27 to 11/30
- L’Occitane: Dreamy Hands Set $8 ($24 value) door buster. 30% off select gifts. Buy 2, get 1 free on select sets.
- Lancome: 20% off your entire order plus free shipping. Enter code HOLIDAYJOY2. 11/24 to 11/30.
- Origins: Get the Origins Greats gift set. 6 of our best-sellers for just $55.00. Valid 11/27
- Perricone MD: 25% off your entire order with code FRIENDS2. Expires 11/28
- Philosophy: Free Shipping (no minimum) + up to 40% off select Philosophy favorites. Philosophy is offering their customers free shipping with no minimum purchase. They are also offering up to 40% off on select philosophy favorites! Enter promo code: “holidays” at checkout.
- Saks 5th Avenue: Get a $25 gift card + Free Shipping when you spend $100 on Beauty & Fragrance at saks.com! Use code BEAUTY9. Offer valid 11/26 to 11/29 only.
- Shu Uemura: 20% off purchases of $50+, plus free shipping. Use code WISH09. 11/27 to 12/1.
- Smashbox: 20% off entire order with code SBFF9. Expires 12/1
- The Body Shop: $2 flat rate shipping, valid 11/26 to 11/29.
- Zoya: Get 6 free green polishes with $20+ orders. Use code GREENFRIDAY. Expires 11/27
Holiday 2009 Gift Guide: Gifts Under $50
Bigger budgets mean a much bigger selection in gifts to give! I tend to set a budget around $50 or so for a lot of my immediate family/friends, though I do have a tendency to collect little “extras” throughout the holiday season and often go over budget.
Anyway, there are so many awesome gifts to choose from (a lot of the gifts featured throughout our holiday guides had my choice picks and plenty of ’em under $50), but here are some of my personal favorites. Share your favorite gifts under $50 in the comments!
Laura Mercier Mini Lip Glace Set ($48.00) includes five miniature sized Lip Glaces: Pink Diamond, Baby Doll, Violet, Ambre Rose, and Bellini.
Smashbox Eye Wish Palette ($44.00) is a gorgeous looking eyeshadow palette with twelve eyeshadows, four eyeliners, and a miniature sized Photo Finish Lid Primer.
Laura Geller Baked Basics ($49.50) is perfect for the one who loves baked/mineral products (or enjoys themselves a good MAC mineralize skinfinish).
Philosophy Holiday Cookbook ($35.00) is a six-piece shower gel set (each with 2 oz.) housed in a cardboard “cookbook.” It contains the following scents: Red Velvet Cake, Cinnamon Buns, Spicy Pear Cobbler, Pumpkin Spice Muffin, Gingerbread, and Double Rich Hot Cocoa. Delicious! You can find this gift at: Nordstrom, Philosophy.com, Sephora.
Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II ($48.00) is a palette that’s big on value and big on color. For the person who’s been extra good this year, you may find yourself wanting to give this collection of sixteen eyeshadows to them. It includes new/exclusive shades: AC/DC, Nylon, Mushroom, Sphynx, Jinx, Homegrown, Misdemeanor, and Perversion; as well as existing/best-selling shades: Sellout, Gunmetal, Ecstasy, Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, Twice Baked, Half Baked, Flipside, and YDK. Also included are miniature-sized Zero and Bourbon 24/7 Eyeliner Pencils and a travel-size Eyeshadow Primer Potion–all three fit nicely within the palette to boot.
See more under $50 favorites… Continue reading →
I hope everyone has a fun and hearty Thanksgiving (of course, to those that celebrate). My family celebrates Thanksgiving as a time for the family to come together, eat until we’re rolling around from being so stuffed, and appreciating those in our lives. I’m all about stuffing smothered with gravy myself… It’s one of my favorite holidays (I love me some food!), and I thought it’d be the perfect occasion to thank all of you!
Thank you all so much for your kindness, loyalty, support, and feedback throughout the year! I feel so blessed and humbled to be able to bring you Temptalia everyday and that we can be a part of each other’s lives.