Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share your answers with us in the comments section!
Instructions: Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share it with us in the comments section!
Best waterproof mascara?: [answer]
Best waterproof eyeliner?: [answer]
Best tip for summerproofing your makeup?: [answer]
shu uemura’s Primitribe Collection is a good mix of neutrals and color. I absolutely adored the Painting Liner, which was creamy, incredibly pigmented, and easy to work with. The Primal Color Sticks were interesting, but without testing them at-home, I can’t tell you if they actually last at all. Unfortunately, the U.S. launch of Primitribe doesn’t include everything — we won’t be seeing Spinel, the pink painting liner as far as I can tell.
Primitribe Color Stick
- Rich Earth is a warm-toned, chocolate brown with golden shimmer.
- Night Maroon is a satiny burgundy-wine with more of a creamy finish than a shimmer finish.
- Blazed Gold is a warm-toned, yellow gold with lighter gold shimmer.
- Misty Grove is an olive green with a creamy texture and light shimmer.
Primitribe Mix Blush
- Echo is a blush duo of a pink-toned brown and a dark gold with gold shimmer.
- Rhythm contains a large section of rosy pink and a smaller section of muted, warmed-up light medium brown with gold shimmer.
- Soul is a combination of a satin-y medium-toned orange and a warm, medium dark chocolate brown with pale gold shimmer.
- Turquoise is a bright pop of creamy, blue-based turquoise with silver micro glitter.
- Citrine is an insanely bright, creamy yellow with a slight sheen.
- BG 942 is a creamy, mostly opaque peachy-orange.
- WN 296 is a dark, vampy burgundy-red with a glossy finish.
- P 980 is a pale, pastel peachy-cream with a frosty finish.
- WN 296 is a bright, fuchsia-red with pink pearl.
Available: August 2009; currently available in-store at Nordstrom and online at NeimanMarcus.com.
See more photos and swatches… Continue reading →
This is my incredibly easy and super fast natural/neutral eye. No matter what the occasion is, this eye is always appropriate, which makes it really useful to have in my back pocket. (Particularly useful on days when I can’t come up with anything else!)
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), Ricepaper eyeshadow (neutral beige), Soft Brown eyeshadow (soft medium brown), Wedge eyeshadow (medium dark brown), Urban Decay Lucky 24/7 Liner (copper), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Margin blush (dirty pink), Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer (bronzy highlighter)
- Lips: Sweetie lipstick (pink), Sweetie lipglass (pink)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Sweetie = Pink Poodle
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the lid, pack Ricepaper eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply Soft Brown eyeshadow to the outer portion of the lid. Darken crease with Wedge eyeshadow using the 226. Sweep Ricepaper eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Lucky Liner on lower lash line. Apply Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Margin blush using the 129, then highlight with Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer with the 165. Apply Sweetie lipstick to lips, and then top with Lychee Luxe lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Givenchy Launches Gloss Interdit Ultra-Shiny Color Pumping Effect Lip Gloss
A vibrant gloss with a high-performance formula, a sophisticated silhouette, and a professional brush applicator. With its infinitely light texture, Gloss Interdit provides spectacular shine and leaves lips smoothed and plumped. The formula is enriched with high-performance skincare ingredients developed by Givenchy Laboratories. The scent of Gloss Interdit is an elegant, sensual, and sophisticated new facet of the “Espièglerie” concentrate found in Rouge Interdit and Rouge Interdit Shine. The fragrance is composed of top notes of bergamot, litchi, and red fruit; middle notes of rose, jasmine, and lily of the valley; and base notes of sandalwood, vanilla, amber, and musk.
Gloss Interdit Ultra-Shiny Color Plumping Effect ($24.50)
- Capricious Pink Vibrant pink
- Impertinent Nude Light neutral pink
- Coral Frenzy Soft coral
- Rose Taboo Rose mauve
- Indiscreet Beige Rosy nude
- Lilac Confession Bright lilac
- Glamorous Fuchsia Hot pink
- Succulent Orange Reddish orange
- Rouge Passion Bright cherry red
- Delectable Brown Warm golden beige
- Sensual Chocolate Plum brown
- Velvet Purple Blackberry plum
Availability: July 2009.
See more photos… Continue reading →
Do find yourself shopping more online or in-store for your beauty products? What’s your preference?
I tend to shop in-store, even though I often drool over things online!
Introducing… Urban Decay Minx & Ecstasy Eyeshadows!
Urban Decay Eyeshadow ($16.00) recently had two new additions added to the line-up: Minx, described as a blue-green shift with glitter; and Ecstasy, described as a bright purple with slight pink tint.
Minx is a beautiful shade of aqua-green with a little taste of mint and lots of silvery sheen and shimmer. It has decent pigmentation, though it could have a bit more color pay off for my taste. I’d love to see it go on a little richer and deeper. It does, however, go on smoothly and blends easily with other shadows. Ecstasy is a vibrant shade of cool-toned medium purple with soft silver sheen. It doesn’t have a lot of shimmer/glitter either. I found the pigmentation on this shade to be better than Minx, which made me happy. It has the same smooth, blendable texture as Minx (as well as the rest Urban Decay’s eyeshadow range overall).
Each shadow is packaged in a silver, flip-top container. The shadows are the same size as MAC from what I know, so yes, you could depot these if you desired. (I also believe the depotting methodology is about the same with these.)
- Product: 8/10
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 8/10
- Packaging: 8/10
- Overall: 8/10
Recommendation: If you like smooth, easy-to-use eyeshadows and like color, these two shadows are for you. Ecstasy earns slightly more of a recommendation over Minx, just because Minx lacks the intensity of pigmentation I prefer. Both are soft, shimmery/frosty shades that are easy to work with. I prefer all my eyeshadows in pan/palette form, so the packaging is functional, but it doesn’t inspire me to purchase solely on that criterion.
Availability: UrbanDecay.com, Sephora.com
Have you picked up these two new shades yet?
See more product photos and swatches… Continue reading →