Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
M·A·C COSMETICS MASTERS HIGH DEFINITION MAKEUP PROFESSIONAL ARTISTS AND CONSUMERS REAP THE BENEFITS FROM A RENEWED FOCUS ON FLAWLESS SKIN AND APPLICATION
Not since the 1950s when television and movies switched from black and white to colour has there been such a profound makeup revolution. M·A·C Cosmetics is already prepared for the digital transition with a ,series of Master Classes taught by Emmy® Award winning makeup artist, Marie DelPrete, aimed at teaching the pros how to work in this new medium. These classes will be followed by a fall collection called M·A·C In High Def, a compilation of the greatest HD-friendly formulas and shades for faces and lips that will help regular consumers get the flawless HD look. As the premiere makeup authority since 1984, with a background deeply rooted in providing professional quality cosmetics that are innovative, original and inventive, who better than M·A·C to cultivate a collection of products that prepares skin for the ultimate close-up?
Learn more about the inspiration behind the In High Def Collection… Continue reading →
MAC In High Def Collection
U.S. Launch Date: September 10th, 2009
International Launch Date: October 2009
Cameras everywhere, media, madness, instant images flashed ,around the world in seconds…. You ARE being photographed! Better be optimum-optic, high-frequency fabulous, these are modern times! The In High Def collection is makeup designed for the, new-technology demands of the professional world… The sharp tone, colour and picture clarity of Hi-Def TV. For girls and boys who want to look good no matter who’s looking.
Face and Body Foundation formulated for flawless replication; at last, you can achieve the perfection expected on screen at all times. A complementary collection of ,Lipstick, Lipglass, Mineralize Skinfinish/Natural applied with the 187 Duo Fibre and 188 Small Duo Fibre Face Brushes fool the eye, and the camera. The very best in the new look of Hi-Def, made easy.
Lipsticks ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Close to Real Light, neutral peach pink (Lustre) (Limited Edition)
- High Def Mid-tone neutral coral (Amplified Cream) (Limited Edition)
- Sharp Focus Deep brown plum (Lustre) (Limited Edition)
- Resolutely Red Deepened claret (Lustre) (Limited Edition)
Face & Body Foundation ($32.00 U.S. / $38.50 CDN) (Permanent)
A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend, water-resistant formula. The long-lasting formula is available in a wide range of colours and contains several emollients to help moisturize and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body.
Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation/Loose ($29.00 U.S. / $35.00 CDN) (Permanent)
A lightweight loose powder foundation that utilizes the power of minerals to provide the skin with a smooth, radiant, natural finish. Brushes on the skin for sophisticated, medium-buildable coverage. Special mineral complex helps keep skin healthy and nourished while the blend of moisturizers and conditioners in the formula help create a smooth, flawless application. Provides essential everyday SPF 15 sun protection.
Mineralize Skinfinish Natural ($25.00 U.S. / $30.00 CDN) (Permanent)
A luxurious domed face powder with minerals, slowly baked to provide a dimensional yet natural-matte finish. Provides perfect low coverage. Use to set and fix foundation or as a touch-up throughout the day.
187 Duo Fibre Brush ($42.00 U.S. / $50.50 CDN) (Permanent)
A large full circular brush used for lightweight application and blending of face powder or pigments. Use to create soft layers or add textures. Made from a soft blend of goat and synthetic fibres.
188 Brush ($34.00 U.S. / $41.00 CDN) (Permanent)
A flat-topped, full circular brush used for lightweight application and blending of any formula colour – fluid, cream, powder or pigment. Ideal for creating soft layers or adding textures. Made from a soft blend of goat and synthetic fibres.
Availability: North America, September 10th, 2009 only at M·A·C retail stores, 1.800.588.0070 and www.maccosmetics.com. International, September 2009 at M·A·C locations, 1.800.588.0070 and www.maccosmetics.com.
See more promo photos… Continue reading →
What homemade/DIY beauty things do you do/use? Homemade masks? Family beauty tips?
I don’t really do much myself. I’ve done aspirin masks in the past, but that’s about it!
Monday Motivation: August 24th, 2009
Now with school back in full swing, Mondays are worse than ever. I’m basically in school ALL day long on Mondays. I know, I did it to myself, but gah, it is still hard to get through all my classes without zoning out.
- CARGO blu_ray Pressed Powder ($30.00) was one of those products that had a lot of buzz when it initially launched, but I just never had a chance to try. I’m still quite curious about how it works and holds up in photos!
- TheBalm Cabana Boy ($20.00) looks like a really gorgeous rosy cheek shade. The packaging is also really cute, which is actually what grabbed my attention first (ha!).
- Calvin Klein Tempting Glimmer Sheer Creme Eyeshadow ($18.00) look like pretty, shimmery cream shadows. I’m most interested in trying Champagne Satin or Turquoise Blue. Both look like great shades to me.
- Guerlain Rouge G Lipstick ($45.00) is a formula I’d like to try sometime in my life… I just wish I could see these in person!
- Clinique ‘Vitamin C Lip Smoothie’ Antioxidant Lip Color ($17.50) is a new lipgloss by Clinique, and I’m interested to see how the color applies (sheer or opaque?) and lasts on lips.
- Benefit Moon Beam ($24.00) is something I am now really interested in trying out after some of you found High Beam to be too pale/ashy on you, but loved Moon Beam instead.
- Nude Miracle Mask ($70.00) sounds like a great mask for the end of the week, and I like that it has AHA in it. The price is a bit steep though, so I’ll have to think a bit on this one.
Chanel Noirs Obscurs Collection for Winter 2009
Ahead of her time as an arbiter of style annd colour authority, Mademoiselle Chanel recognized and revered the colour black as a symbol of luxury, modernity, sophistication and seduction. Today, Peter Philips creates a tribute to black with an avant-garde collection of trend-defiing eye, lip, and nail shades, uncovering the many nuances and undertones of this iconic shade. While these statement-making tones are more daring than demure when worn together, they can easily achieve a quiet elegance when colour is limited to either the eyes, lips, or fingertips.
Les Folies Noirs Eyeshadow Quad ($60.00)
Nowhere is black’s mystique more strikingly expressed than on the eyes. A shade quartet of deep green, mahogany, midnight blue and dark violet — embellished with the coveted CHANEL signature — creates a dramatic, yet sophisticated look.
Rouge Allure Lipstick ($30.00)
- Hysteria Eggplant black
- Maniac Deep black red
- Obscure Brown black
Exceptionnel de Chanel ($30.00)
Le Vernis ($23.00)
- Diabolic (#427) Deep black
- Forbidden (#437) Deep black burgundy brown
- Vendetta (#483) Deep violet
Availability: November 2009
See more photos… Continue reading →
Temptalia Gives Away MAC On Display Lipglass!
We’re giving away one (1) MAC On Display Lipglass, from the limited edition MAC Makeup Art Cosmetics Collection.
Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post and telling us what your favorite lipglass is from this launch.
All entries must be submitted by September 5th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Increase Your Chances to Win…
For a total of four chances! Just remember you must leave a comment on this post to get entered initially. Please be sure to use a valid e-mail address.
2. Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!).
3. Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
4. Join our Forums! (please include your Forum user name OR use the same e-mail address.)
Congrats Farrah L.!